Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Championship clubs will be promoted

Promoted to where? Currently there are no openings in the EPL.... so just more positioning for negotiation. 

If we are up for mid season change of rules, why not a mini playoff league - Leeds, WBA, Fulham plus City, Villa, Watford. Top three in next season’s Premier League. 

Not fair? OK then nothing is fair, if you are not prepared to do something that is not fair then you void the season and start again next year with the status quo. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Promoted to where? Currently there are no openings in the EPL.... so just more positioning for negotiation. 

If we are up for mid season change of rules, why not a mini playoff league - Leeds, WBA, Fulham plus City, Villa, Watford. Top three in next season’s Premier League. 

Not fair? OK then nothing is fair, if you are not prepared to do something that is not fair then you void the season and start again next year with the status quo. 

Guess we'll see now whether there was any credibility in what Webber was suggesting.

If this is true then where is the desire for the Championship to finish the league so I'd expect to see very quickly some kind of announcement from the EFL that both League 1 and Championship has been concluded on PPG.

Then we'll also see how many players turn out for their teams or refuse to play, especially those in or around the bottom 3-6

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Spot on Surfer!

I would love to go down the route of us against Leeds in a one of match if we had to. We would smash them.

I have watched a lot of championship this season including Leeds and they are nowhere near us at the moment. 

My opinion is dont finish then season is Void. 

8 minutes ago, Surfer said:

There would have been fewer unhappy clubs if the powers that be had the guts to grasp the nettle. As things now stand its going to be a right old pigs ear. The more they attempt to contrive positions the worse they make the problem.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Guess we'll see now whether there was any credibility in what Webber was suggesting.

If this is true then where is the desire for the Championship to finish the league so I'd expect to see very quickly some kind of announcement from the EFL that both League 1 and Championship has been concluded on PPG.

Then we'll also see how many players turn out for their teams or refuse to play, especially those in or around the bottom 3-6

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Yep. It’s basically an invitation for the champ clubs to get together and curtail. Looking at the table they could conceivably get 13 voting for that. I bet Leeds and WBA won’t be desperate to play on any more! 

59 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's all well and good them saying that, but the Premier League has to agree first.

It's like me announcing that I'm going to marry Katy Perry. I may want to, but if she doesn't agree, then it ain't gonna happen.

Rohypnol mate 😉

I doubt that relegation/promotion will happen between EPL and Champs unless both leagues finish their seasons, despite the FA veto. I don't see 14 clubs agreeing to relegate anyone when the Championship haven't completed their games. 

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I doubt that relegation/promotion will happen between EPL and Champs unless both leagues finish their seasons, despite the FA veto. I don't see 14 clubs agreeing to relegate anyone when the Championship haven't completed their games. 

They will try and get it through as a “fallback though. It will he put as “we are starting up again so it’s not that important but if we then have to curtail we are proposing PPG, ok?”

the EFL/FA appear hell bent on promotion/relegation between the premier league and the championship. So much so that they are prepared to scr*w over the likes of Tranmere and others lower down the pyramid to try and create the precedent of promotion with PPG 

Surely the EPL has all the power though, if they simply voted not to have relegation without the Championship completing their fixtures that would be that?

17 hours ago, Surfer said:

I'm interested to know why I've suggested this twice before with nary a response, but there's plenty here? Am I universally blocked or something?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

I'm interested to know why I've suggested this twice before with nary a response, but there's plenty here? Am I universally blocked or something?

Did somebody say something? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Don't take it personally Ron.

I've posted new topics before and had no replies 😂

Must be some kind of hierarchy so I'm persisting so I can get a foot in the door 😁

25 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I think Watford would object to that particular suggestion (Which I know is not yours) since they are not in the bottom three!

I agree that if creative solutions are on the table then playoffs for relegation could be one of them but then Leeds and WBA would presumably complain about that if they lost and stayed down!

the reality is that you come back to the conclusion that you either play or void/abandon as there isn’t really a completely fair solution in between.

other than “it’s not on the table” I have really heard an explanation as to why the obvious default position of void is “not on the table.” I know what UEFA have said but who made them kings? They don’t override the law.

Nothing would make me happier than Leeds coming up.

If- we do the unthinkable and win enough ****ty Frankenstein games to stay up in the end.

They would be frothing at the gills.

Nowthen lads,

Let's have a bit of realism around this place eh, because TBH the ignorance in this echo chamber is quite staggering.

For a start, forget null and void - it is not happening, best get used to it, be thankful you have an opportunity to play yourselves out of it on the field.

Secondly - all the comments about Leeds hoping for PPG, nothing could be further from the truth, the vast majority of Leeds fans want the season playing out, even if that is BCD, we don't want to be remembered forever as the team that went up on PPG, the Championship clubs are having two votes in the upcoming days, the first is to agree to the terms "should" the season be curtailed for any reason - the terms will be PPG, therefore Leeds would be up, the second vote is whether clubs want to carry on the season, if 51% vote to carry on, we carry on. If Leeds were looking for an opportunist angle then they would vote to curtail, and we would be up on PPG, the club have categorically said they will vote to carry on - how refreshing to see a club confident in their ability and NOT looking to act in self interest.

For some reason, the link wouldn't post in the above thread, so here we go, take a look, take off the biased blinkers and have another think.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/ceo-reveals-leeds-united-view-championship-curtailment-covid-19-testing-and-potential-national-embarrassment-2861324

Knowing Bielsa like we do, the last thing he would want is promotion via PPG, he is as honourable as they come, its the nature of the man.

There are so many inaccuracies in this thread so far, and frankly just plain ignorance, that's not surprising its a non impartial football message board.

Feel free to discuss.

Forgot to say.......... there will be NO fitter team in the Championship should it return, the players have had very tough training routines given to them throughout, Bielsa wouldn't have it any other way, they will be raring to go, no tossing it off on the ps4 eating crap for the last few weeks for this team.

Edited by Lowfields1919

Not sure whether you are entitled to call us ignorant Lowfields. Fair enough if you are sure Bielsa , and you supporters, are so honourable that you wouldn't dream of going up unless you play all the remaining fixtures, but would take it anyway.

For me, you can have the EPL. It is a poison chalice for smaller clubs, like yours and mine. 

Nowthen, nowthen..

You guys never hang around on here. It's extremely disappointing. You come on here all chipper but mope away a few weeks later with your tail between your legs. And that is every single time. And that is year after year.

Will this time be any different? Time will tell I guess...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HairyTeeth said:

Spot on Surfer!

I would love to go down the route of us against Leeds in a one of match if we had to. We would smash them.

I have watched a lot of championship this season including Leeds and they are nowhere near us at the moment. 

My opinion is dont finish then season is Void. 

Luckily your opinion doesn’t count for ****. 

You wouldn’t smash Leeds in a one off game. We are a much better side. Well organised and much better in terms of fitness. You lot seem to be clutching at straws. You’d be happy for it to be null and void, and in effect be rewarded for being the Premier league’s worst team. 

You are where you are in the league. Just accept it. The likelihood is you will be relegated back to the championship and Leeds could be promoted. Football can just be that way sometimes. I’m sure you all had a good laugh when we were struggling in the lower league and we became your feeder club. Bet you all had such jolly times down the pub, laughing at Leeds misfortune while buying up our better players. It’s swings and roundabouts. You will probably have to sell some of your better players when you are relegated just to balance the books for next season. If that does happen, I’m sure everyone will have a laugh at your expense. 

30 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

For some reason, the link wouldn't post in the above thread, so here we go, take a look, take off the biased blinkers and have another think.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/ceo-reveals-leeds-united-view-championship-curtailment-covid-19-testing-and-potential-national-embarrassment-2861324

Knowing Bielsa like we do, the last thing he would want is promotion via PPG, he is as honourable as they come, its the nature of the man.

There are so many inaccuracies in this thread so far, and frankly just plain ignorance, that's not surprising its a non impartial football message board.

Feel free to discuss.

Forgot to say.......... there will be NO fitter team in the Championship should it return, the players have had very tough training routines given to them throughout, Bielsa wouldn't have it any other way, they will be raring to go, no tossing it off on the ps4 eating crap for the last few weeks for this team.

You just need to do what we did last year, fight for every game and win those points. Great manager and you play good attacking football. I'm sure your style of play will be good in the EPL. 

One thing though is you should start to believe in yourselves as fans. Then you wouldn't need to come on another forum and claim everyone is ignorant. And a note to you personally, just believe in yourself Lowfields, deep down I mean. Develop some self respect and with that will come some humility. Only one life, don't waste it. Just because another person or a different set of fans think differently to you doesn't mean you are always right.

Your team under Bielsa has been excellent for two years (there, you see, it is possible for another set of fans to praise). The EPL will welcome you as mentioned but they will tire of your away fans at some point soon. Every year in the Championship we played our towns around would be subject to violent and threatening behaviour (against women and children too). As a set of fans as mentioned you need to rid yourselves of an inferiority complex. Need to learn from your own boss Bielsa. 

Ps. And as I write, now cymruwhite joins and yet again it's a veiled threat. Yes, cymru you probably are the better team and yes, the table doesn't lie. We are bottom and probably will be relegated and yes, players will leave. Has always been the case for any relegated team. And fans of promoted teams are happy. So what's the point in saying it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CymruWhite said:

Luckily your opinion doesn’t count for ****. 

You wouldn’t smash Leeds in a one off game. We are a much better side. Well organised and much better in terms of fitness. You lot seem to be clutching at straws. You’d be happy for it to be null and void, and in effect be rewarded for being the Premier league’s worst team. 

You are where you are in the league. Just accept it. The likelihood is you will be relegated back to the championship and Leeds could be promoted. Football can just be that way sometimes. I’m sure you all had a good laugh when we were struggling in the lower league and we became your feeder club. Bet you all had such jolly times down the pub, laughing at Leeds misfortune while buying up our better players. It’s swings and roundabouts. You will probably have to sell some of your better players when you are relegated just to balance the books for next season. If that does happen, I’m sure everyone will have a laugh at your expense. 

So your opinion does count? 

I think your missing the obvious point here, we all accept where we are at the moment but the season hasnt finished. Last time i looked we have only played 29 games and when we won the league we signed a contract to play 19 home and 19 away games. Not 29 games and thats it. Sorry fella thats not in the rules of football.

If we play out season and we get relegated then so be it as its part of the contractual rules we were given by the EPL. 

What part of the season has to finish dont you understand?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Nowthen lads,

Let's have a bit of realism around this place eh, because TBH the ignorance in this echo chamber is quite staggering.

For a start, forget null and void - it is not happening, best get used to it, be thankful you have an opportunity to play yourselves out of it on the field.

Secondly - all the comments about Leeds hoping for PPG, nothing could be further from the truth, the vast majority of Leeds fans want the season playing out, even if that is BCD, we don't want to be remembered forever as the team that went up on PPG, the Championship clubs are having two votes in the upcoming days, the first is to agree to the terms "should" the season be curtailed for any reason - the terms will be PPG, therefore Leeds would be up, the second vote is whether clubs want to carry on the season, if 51% vote to carry on, we carry on. If Leeds were looking for an opportunist angle then they would vote to curtail, and we would be up on PPG, the club have categorically said they will vote to carry on - how refreshing to see a club confident in their ability and NOT looking to act in self interest.

Fair play to Leeds if they vote to play on and secure it on merit. Although I think the games may end up being a bit farcical nobody can have any real complaints at that just as I don;t think we can have any complaints if we play out the season and go down. It will be interesting to see if Leeds stick to their word and do vote to play on if an opportunity to curtail arises.

The main situation I would be deeply unhappy with is if the premier league cannot re-start (or does re-start and is curtailed) and they relegate clubs on PPG. I don;t think that is fair (or legal) and I don't think any clubs should be relegated from any division on PPG. The Tranmere situatiom shows how unfair that could be.

If we complete and get relegated and the championship doesn;t then I would also feel aggrieved at teams taking our place who have been handed promition without having to earn it over a full season. We all know that things can change over 10 games (at this stage last season for example we were 2 points ahead of you but finished 11 ahead). I don;t think thats right but I dont think we'd have any recourse in that situation because we will have been relegated over a full season.

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Fair play to Leeds if they vote to play on and secure it on merit. Although I think the games may end up being a bit farcical nobody can have any real complaints at that just as I don;t think we can have any complaints if we play out the season and go down. It will be interesting to see if Leeds stick to their word and do vote to play on if an opportunity to curtail arises.

The main situation I would be deeply unhappy with is if the premier league cannot re-start (or does re-start and is curtailed) and they relegate clubs on PPG. I don;t think that is fair (or legal) and I don't think any clubs should be relegated from any division on PPG. The Tranmere situatiom shows how unfair that could be.

If we complete and get relegated and the championship doesn;t then I would also feel aggrieved at teams taking our place who have been handed promition without having to earn it over a full season. We all know that things can change over 10 games (at this stage last season for example we were 2 points ahead of you but finished 11 ahead). I don;t think thats right but I dont think we'd have any recourse in that situation because we will have been relegated over a full season.

If I have understood this, the League Two clubs voted for no relegation to the National League, but the EFL/Parry is now saying Stevenage, in the bottom automatic slot, should go down, presumably to be replaced by Barrow.

But as I read it, it doesn't seem as if the plan is also to relegate Macclesfield, in the other automatic relegation slot, and almost as far adrift as Stevenage. The plan talks only about one team being relegated.

I imagine this is because there cannot be play-offs in the National League to produce a second promotion team. But if so it goes against the supposed purity of what the EFL is proposing, in which every team that deserves to go up or down goes up or down.

Isn't there only one team being relegated from L2 because of the Bury situation?

Only three teams were to be relegated from L1 with four being promoted from L2 resulting in 23 League two teams. There would then be 2 promoted from the National League and only 1 relegated from L2 to get back to 24.

22 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If I have understood this, the League Two clubs voted for no relegation to the National League, but the EFL/Parry is now saying Stevenage, in the bottom automatic slot, should go down, presumably to be replaced by Barrow.

But as I read it, it doesn't seem as if the plan is also to relegate Macclesfield, in the other automatic relegation slot, and almost as far adrift as Stevenage. The plan talks only about one team being relegated.

I imagine this is because there cannot be play-offs in the National League to produce a second promotion team. But if so it goes against the supposed purity of what the EFL is proposing, in which every team that deserves to go up or down goes up or down.

I think Purple its to do with the fact that Bury went bust so there is a spare place in the EFL that needs to be filled so in theory they could still promote 2 from the National League into League 2. I assume there is 1 less team going down from League 1 as well to reflect this but haven;t checked.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think Purple its to do with the fact that Bury went bust so there is a spare place in the EFL that needs to be filled so in theory they could still promote 2 from the National League into League 2. I assume there is 1 less team going down from League 1 as well to reflect this but haven;t checked.

Think its just 1 down from League 2 and 2 up and then the balance is right again (unless other teams go bust of course).