Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Man U expecting to pay £20m rebate

image.png.bbc29aed7238862e28208b0a5ecf2ecb.png

Interesting update from Man U- seemingly expecting to pay £20m in rebate to the broadcasters, although this isn't clear if this is with or without project restart going ahead.

If it is the same for us then that wipes out any projected profit from this season.

Great ! I bet the likes of Sky won’t be saying to me we took money back from the football clubs, rugby, cricket etc etc here’s your rebate !

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Great ! I bet the likes of Sky won’t be saying to me we took money back from the football clubs, rugby, cricket etc etc here’s your rebate !

Sky have let Sports customers pause their subscription but keep the channels, so they have been really.

39 minutes ago, sonyc said:

And their net debt has risen from £127m to £429m

Um, with interest rates collapsing funny how that works isn’t it? Wonder where the money went .... TV revenue shortfall can’t explain it. 

Um. Thanks for the link ... but it still does not add up... interest on their loan doubled because of exchange rate variations? Sure. Anybody with an accounting background care to comment on this? 

19 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Um. Thanks for the link ... but it still does not add up... interest on their loan doubled because of exchange rate variations? Sure. Anybody with an accounting background care to comment on this? 

Yes. I was hoping you'd know ....because I couldn't get it to add up!

I wondered if it was because of a recalculation of reduced expected revenues as noted (but you'd think this cost will have been itemised in the article) and some of the figures speak of quarters rather than the full year.

23 hours ago, king canary said:

Sky have let Sports customers pause their subscription but keep the channels, so they have been really.

If they were as honourable as Bielsas Leeds  theyd let people out of their contracts  completely.  Until that guy popped on another thread, I had no idea Leeds were such a respectable, honest, fair play on a stick kinda Club.