Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Jonathan Tomkinson

Saw him play three times for the U18s this season and he really impressed me every time. If he carries on developing and stays clear of serious injury he looks an excellent prospect.

I am sorry but what kind of name is Jonathan Tomkinson for a footballer?! Clint Dempsey - now there's a proper name for a footballer, or Vinnie Jones, or even Marco van Basten. But not something out of a Michael Palin story...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I am sorry but what kind of name is Jonathan Tomkinson for a footballer?! Clint Dempsey - now there's a proper name for a footballer, or Vinnie Jones, or even Marco van Basten. But not something out of a Michael Palin story...

Tomkinsons Schooldays. Having to beat the Headmaster and on St. Tadgers Day nailing a new boy to the wall.

Sound like someone else on our books?

His playing career did not see him start out as a center back though. He started playing as center midfielder but had a season with his local club in which he bounced from striker to midfielder to defender. At 13, he played a season at right wing for FC Dallas’ academy team before joining Solar SC a year later. Despite starting in center midfield, a shortage of center backs at that time opened the opportunity for Tomkinson to cement that as his permanent position.

4 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Sound like someone else on our books?

His playing career did not see him start out as a center back though. He started playing as center midfielder but had a season with his local club in which he bounced from striker to midfielder to defender. At 13, he played a season at right wing for FC Dallas’ academy team before joining Solar SC a year later. Despite starting in center midfield, a shortage of center backs at that time opened the opportunity for Tomkinson to cement that as his permanent position.

He reminded me of Godfrey in the match I saw. Nice to see we are producing good athletes to play in defence. 

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

What if he's Jonny Tomkinson? Rolls off the tongue a bit easier

21 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

"I went to the north pole and explored, then I went to another country and explored again......"

PS. "Ripping Yarns" Purple (not quite paraphrasing but I have watched some TV)

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

We can't cope with 3 or more syllable names in Norfolk. Tonks for short will do, even though that isn't right either.

Glad to hear he is progressing well.