Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Troy Deeney refuses to train

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'll give the bloke his due, I would bet there are others who don't have the backbone to say it.

Always thought that about Deeney, he always speaks well. I know nothing of his background    but I know he is not popular with some , yet he for me has always been a ' wish was ours' player. A clear leader....just look at the impact he had on his return to the lineup this season. While the likes of Joey Barton try to sound smart yet end up looking foolish, Deeney manages to communicate very well without any affectations. 

Any player that doesnt fancy joining in with the three ring circus that the season has become , should be allowed the respect of not being asked why. Anyone with half a brain knows why , no one needs to know the personal reasons behind them making that decision. As someone said above, there will be others ,maybe enough to show this farce up for what it is. Sky etc and the EPL are too cosy. What was once sport is becoming a Soap Opera with daily episodes. 

• Like 2

I notice as well that Steve Bruce has said ‘ most of his players are happy ‘ So does that not mean anyone playing Newcastle has an advantage ?. 
Without Deeney Watford will find their position difficult. He is popular amongst players and may lead many more to end this farce.

On 19/05/2020 at 14:54, keelansgrandad said:

I'll give the bloke his due, I would bet there are others who don't have the backbone to say it.

Agreed, but it's not just backbone.

Troy Deeney is at a club where the fans love him, the management of the club love him, he's paid his dues, been round the block, had his career, and, yes, made his money, so he is in a stronger position than most as he is confident to express his views without paying too high a price. He's had his career and no one can take that away.

But more than all of that, he's on the inside and he knows that he is speaking for probably a couple of hundred other players who have more at risk if they speak out. He is actually a hero and should be acknowledged as such.

I was celebrating today when I heard that the Government has formed a Task Force including Rugby and Football representatives to discuss the restart.

It's great because you can rest assured that the Rugby types have enough Doctors, surgeons and Consultants in their ranks to ensure that Rugby does not re-start until it is safe to do so. Surely, they wouldn't dare sanction football abandoning social distancing until rugby does also. (I wouldn't bet against it though!) 

Edited by Pugin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a cousin who lives on Tyneside who says that Steve Bruce said in their version of the Scrimmage he won't force players to play if they'd rather not and it will give some of the youngsters a chance to show what they're made of. Presumably they have nothing to play for and if anyone thinks Liverpool will risk any of their stars once they've sewn up the title, cuckoo! Integrity of the game my backside. 

That sounds to me like Bruce thinks the youngsters are expendable.

The senior pros don't feel safe so out you go lads...

Glad I don't have a son or grandson there🥴

Of course, it might well come to a decision like that. And that would certainly give reason for complaint. Imagine if those in the mire like us faced U23's and we faced the strongest line ups.

But of course those who don't think its immoral what they are doing right now, are unlikely to see anything wrong with it.

i don't want anyone to die but it would serve these idiots right if it happened.

I remember reading somewhere that Troy doesn’t train much anyway as he’s got a dodgy knee, well I’m pretty sure I did! Could just be lazy. 😂

I get that he is making a stance at the moment and appearing popular but this is a guy with a very chequered past. Hopefully he did his time and is fully rehabilitated. Nothing to do with the current crisis but not sure he is much of a role model.

attack

Leaves wife

Edited by Mark .Y.