Alex Moss

Scottish PL - Celtic champs, Hearts relegated...

So PL clubs are back and training from this week but still nothing from the championship....Looking more and more likely that they want to shut up shop and just call it ppg. Absolutely no sporting integrity in that decision at all and I hope talks are advancing to stop any promotion to the PL based on that. Ignoring the absolute nonsense that ppg and deciding who goes up and down on a incomplete season is, there is also another problem for any of the relegated teams from the PL with this. This season into next will see a very short turn around time and the 3 teams will be straight into a championship season against teams that have been resting for months. Those 3 teams may well have picked up significant injuries in this rushed period to finish whilst next seasons opposition are sitting around with their feet up.

Edited by JF
  • Like 4

Being relegated when there is still nearly a quarter of the season to go would be the height of injustice for the three clubs who would go down........made worse if they promoted clubs coming up from the championship who had plenty of games to go and who would not be certain to get promoted had the season continued.  It would make a mockery of the situation to do that and although I do not want behind closed doors games, it is preferable to finishing the season at the point we are at. 

It is not about getting relegated or not - it is simply about justice - moral justice and real justice.......and whichever way you look at it, PPG or simply taking the tables as they are now would be totally unjust.  They should finish the games or void the season - anything else and football would be showing just a continuation of the downward path it is heading on morally - and in the eyes of an ever increasing number of fans, proving that it doesn't care about fans and is of no value in today's society.   Times are changing and the PL needs to recognise that or it will disappear up its own gravy train.

The PL could if they wanted to end the season, work out European places on PPG, no relegation but just accept two from the Championship. The EFL could then do the same in each of the three leagues, promote ignoring the third or fourth spot but not relegate. Everyone wins and stays safe. 

34 minutes ago, JF said:

So PL clubs are back and training from this week but still nothing from the championship....Looking more and more likely that they want to shut up shop and just call it ppg. Absolutely no sporting integrity in that decision at all and I hope talks are advancing to stop any promotion to the PL based on that. Ignoring the absolute nonsense that ppg and deciding who goes up and down on a incomplete season is, there is also another problem for any of the relegated teams from the PL with this. This season into next will see a very short turn around time and the 3 teams will be straight into a championship season against teams that have been resting for months. Those 3 teams may well have picked up significant injuries in this rushed period to finish whilst next seasons opposition are sitting around with their feet up.

Yes. I still don't believe that the championship has any intention of completed. They rushed out those statements that they intended to after we and others started questioning promoting teams if they don't finish their season. Since then though, no more detail or plan has been put forward. I am convinced that what they intend to do is continue to pay lip service to finishing, adopt PPG as their "fall back" protocol if the season gets curtailed and then once that is in the bag and the dust has settled a bit they will announce that they cannot complete the season save perhaps for doing playoffs plus will promote WBA and Leeds on PPG.

If the Premier League can complete it’s season, then there is no reason at all that the Championship can’t. The powers that be have no excuses, and any other outcome must see legal action from not only ourselves but the other 2 to drop too. 

There will be no promotion if the Championship doesnt finish. Who do we pass the Trophy over to........ No one as the Championship is over 46 games not 37. No one is champions if the league doesnt finish. 

We wont be relegated if the Premier League doesnt finish. Why should clubs be punished due to a global disease which is killing people and destroying peoples lives?

If that happens then football is done with me. Talk about kick a man when he is down.........

9 hours ago, king canary said:

I agree it is unlikely we stay up if the games get played but I'd argue all bets are off as to how teams will play once the season resumes. 

If the season hadn't been interrupted I would have given our chances of picking up the 16 odd points we require to have a shot at staying up as miniscule. 

Within the current situation I think it is still unlikely slightly more of a possibility than before just due to the sheer uncertainty. 

Better than nothing. Here's hoping

If you can't complete the season behind closed doors in a safe environment,itshould be void,you can't relegate or promote teams with incomplete fixtures.Thats integrity,lives over money.