Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

German football in BT Saturday

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Don’t know much about it, which game(s) should we watch ?

Norwich versus anybody  😉

Srbeny playing for Paderborn ? Although we could go down to Sloughbottom Park as apparently that’s where the game will be held

22 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Srbeny playing for Paderborn ? Although we could go down to Sloughbottom Park as apparently that’s where the game will be held

If you are working just across the road you could pop over and watch.

32 minutes ago, T said:

Dortmund Schalke

I’ll certainly be starting with that one, but I think there’s 4-5 to choose from, another in the evening and then more on Sunday🙂

Fully expect the novelty to very quickly wear off...probably within the first 15-20 mins when everybody remembers quite what an appalling,soulless and vacuous spectacle behind closed doors football on TV is....

It would have to be Borussia Dortmund v Shalke

then across town to watch their local rivals Borussia Munchhumpbach

as only a couple of points separate them and there'll be plenty at stake to grab the bragging rights in who finishes highest

I'll be watching Dortmund v Schalke today. It's worth watching Bayern on Sunday afternoon just to see their young left back Alphonso Davies. He did the 100 metres in 10.9 seconds as a 15 year old. He ripped Chelsea apart at Stamford Bridge. 

Dortmund vs Schalke for me - let’s see what the ‘yellow wall’ looks and sounds like with circa 300 inside the ground...

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'll be watching Dortmund v Schalke today. It's worth watching Bayern on Sunday afternoon just to see their young left back Alphonso Davies. He did the 100 metres in 10.9 seconds as a 15 year old. He ripped Chelsea apart at Stamford Bridge. 

He's been excellent for me on Football Manager, too!

Choosing a German team to support, my family's way.

Me: I like the colour of their kit.

Brother: My wife's family is from that area so I will keep an eye out for them.

Other brother: I love the socio-political history of the club and the city, some big heroes have come from this club and they have been responsible for some of the greatest moments in world football. Big fan.

Other other brother: Bayern Munich. They win everything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GMF said:

Dortmund vs Schalke for me - let’s see what the ‘yellow wall’ looks and sounds like with circa 300 inside the ground...

Don’t forget it’s 2:30 start

I'm a RAF baby, RAF Wegberg Hospital near Monchengladbach was my birthplace. It's Die Fohlen for me. It's the late kick-off today so I might see how Srbeny gets on for Paderborn

• Like 1

I won't be watching any behind closed doors football. No interest in it at all. Its ridiculous that it's happening.

I'll make an exception for maybe the last ten mi utes of Norwich games if we're 2-0 up. Otherwise I'll treat the farce with the contempt it deserves. 

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Can’t see the point of subs wearing masks, as soon as they come in they take them off

It's just to demonstrate that they're taking all reasonable precautions I imagine.   You can't wear masks when running about as you need all the oxygen you can get.   Subs aren't legging it all over the place, so...

Edited by Orly

My god its so boring without fans, it feels like even the players are just going through the motions. If the prem and the government think this is going to cheer us up they are very much mistaking, infact its a huge turnoff a ,back to reading a book 

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm a RAF baby, RAF Wegberg Hospital near Monchengladbach was my birthplace. It's Die Fohlen for me. It's the late kick-off today so I might see how Srbeny gets on for Paderborn

Also am forces brat, but have conveniently picked Dortmund as that's where our athletics championships were each year (the 2nd teams ground).  Have already hamstrung myself with Norwich, don't need to do it again with my German team.

1-0 nice goal. So let me get this right, they can be in each other’s faces throughout the match but social distancing is maintained in goal celebrations. What’s the difference?