Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

No relegation from League Two

I don't see how the EFL could insist on promotion and relegation to and from the Premier League and the Championship when they have already set their own precedent with League Two and the National League. Very difficult for them to argue it's a different situation.

As for class actions, whilst they are not allowed in the UK you can do a group action which is funded by all parties with the actual case in one name. The verdict isn't legally binding for the other members of the group (unlike for a class action in the US) but does create that precedent so if all circumstances are the same it is likely that the verdict would be the same in each case. 

The bigger issue is that the TV companies want promotion and relegation and they call the shots. 

I agree - all of the leagues will need to be completed for this to work. It also makes any argument for completing the season irrelevant, apart from money.

Two additional points:

1) Watch them cancel the season when a few of the top six players catches the virus.

2) When the above happens (or worse, a player/family member dies), watch the media turn and suddenly decide that it should have been null and voided ages ago.

So far it’s been a few Brighton players. If Harry Kane, Aguero, Salah or Mane had caught the virus there would be a much bigger focus on player welfare. It’s a class system within the EPL itself and it’s not a pleasant sight to behold.

PPG for PL will require the PL clubs to vote and need 14 in favour.  PPG will not be acceptable to all namely bottom 6 and any club that will fall a place in the league and lose out on place money or European football Man U I believe.  And any that feel it unfair who may surprise.  PL has seemed to sidestep vote on neutral grounds.  Webber has raised spectre of legal action if relegation without completion of Championship and if PPG I understand West Ham fall into bottom 3.

1 hour ago, pete said:

PPG for PL will require the PL clubs to vote and need 14 in favour.  PPG will not be acceptable to all namely bottom 6 and any club that will fall a place in the league and lose out on place money or European football Man U I believe.  And any that feel it unfair who may surprise.  PL has seemed to sidestep vote on neutral grounds.  Webber has raised spectre of legal action if relegation without completion of Championship and if PPG I understand West Ham fall into bottom 3.

I agree.

It's been interesting to watch the words used recently when it comes to the PL vs EFL and FA.

They are using phrases like want relegation whereas before it was there will be and have to, the tone is a lot less positive now so that makes me wonder......

The "little miracle" might still be on. Just Farke being prescient. 

@peteIf it comes to a vote , and no restart , specifically on PPG surely there will be 17 teams quite happy? I get that one or two may drop a place , but Bournemouth in particular would vote for it ? I don’t see why the bottom 6 would vote against ?The bottom three obviously. 

If they go down the PPG route, the clubs won't get any of the expected tv money.

I'm not sure if PPG is actually being thought of as a serious option, outside of journos and twitter, is it?

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

@peteIf it comes to a vote , and no restart , specifically on PPG surely there will be 17 teams quite happy? I get that one or two may drop a place , but Bournemouth in particular would vote for it ? I don’t see why the bottom 6 would vote against ?The bottom three obviously. 

Will there though. Arsenal or spurs miss out on Europe. Shef u on possible champions league. Man U not guaranteed champs league. Nor Wolves. It’s in the balance I would say. 

40 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Will there though. Arsenal or spurs miss out on Europe. Shef u on possible champions league. Man U not guaranteed champs league. Nor Wolves. It’s in the balance I would say. 

Good point Jim. I hadn’t studied it to that extent . Could be right . 

Thing is Jim, if they do not finish after making a start, which with Government assistance, looks more likely than a fortnight ago, they would have to use PPG but things could be a lot different.

On 16/05/2020 at 19:15, keelansgrandad said:

Thing is Jim, if they do not finish after making a start, which with Government assistance, looks more likely than a fortnight ago, they would have to use PPG but things could be a lot different.

They don;t have to use PPG though do they. I fundamentally disagree with relegating any team on the basis of PPG except perhaps exceptionally if they were already mathematically down. 

Scotland have ended the SPL, declared Celtic champions and have relegated Hearts. hearts likely to take legal action saying they have effectively been "expelled" from the top division.