Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF Update

Rays Funds for the CSF Update

Welcome back to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus.

It’s been a while but I have news now.

Firstly a quick update to where we are now. We have enough funds left to carry on with the pools until the end of July at which point we will need next season’s tenners. Of course in the meantime we may have football back. So when that’s known I will report back. PUPanon has kindly continued to fund a weekly football bet where possible. Thank you PUPanon, we all appreciate everything you do.

1536240501_dscelebrating.thumb.jpg.9da2e546643b0832ff65a610658a1044.jpg

We obviously can’t have our usual presentation but before lockdown I got a cheque made out so that we could get £3,000 across to the CSF. Events prevented me from taking it to the CSF offices but then last week I managed to get it to them. The CSF really appreciate everything you PUPs have done over the last year and can have a celebration when life gets back to whatever normal it gets back too.

£3,000 is another record. And it’s amazing when you think that the last presentation we made to the Academy in 2013 was for £381.91. What we raise now far exceeds anything we ever expected and I think it’s come to the time where we can make more of a difference. So what do you PUPs think about expanding our focus from just our wonderful DS boys and girls and include other areas of disability sports within the CSF? So we’d add boys and girls from the Pan-Disability, Cerebral Palsy, Hearing Impaired, VI and Blind and the popular Disability Dance Sessions. By doing this the CSF could use our funds where there are needed most across the various disability projects for boys and girls.

Let me know what you think, nothing will be done without the agreement of you wonderful PUPs and our sponsors. So please post your thoughts.

Massive thanks from me to all the posters on this board who have helped contribute to such a great total. Remember a good proportion of the money raised comes from pledges and anonymous donations from posters we don’t always see on the PUPs threads. In fact we had another anonymous £50 donated last week so we are already building up funds for the next presentation.

1595756253_Signaturetotals-11May.jpg.ae511f52f58ca35ddcc0be5d480cf595.jpg

CSF Emma sent the following message to you all…

‘From the moment I met Eddie and his family at Colney I knew the PUPs would be do everything they could to support us and help raise money.  The DS boys and girls have loved being your focus and indeed loved meeting you at the end of each season to express their thanks.   We had hoped that we would be in a position to invite some of you to attend one of the sessions before the end of the season, but as we all know due to the current crisis this had to be postponed.

The money that you have helped raised over the last few years has been invaluable and has helped supported the sessions on a Saturday and where we have been able to arrange additional DS events, such as attend matches, trips to play other clubs. 

Whilst we will continue to use the money where you would like it to be signposted too, we would love the opportunity to extend your generosity further afield and into the other disability programmes we run.  The money would be used to match fund and allow us to unlock further funding to not only continue to help what we deliver but also look at additional activities.

Words cannot really express just how grateful we are, we rely so much on the generosity of our fans’ and what a wonderful club we have.  Thank you all so much for allowing us to be part of your team and we hope to continue that relationship for future years.’

Edited by nutty nigel
added 2013

Just posted you the tenner for 'next season', whatever that may look like!!!

Any monies can be used to help children with any form of disability as far as I am concerned.

• Thanks 1

100% behind any decision you make Nutty. When you mentioned the last cheque was £381.91 did you mean first cheque ?

Great idea. I still owe for pukki’s goals and Norwich points. Will pay up early if it helps. 

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

100% behind any decision you make Nutty. When you mentioned the last cheque was £381.91 did you mean first cheque ?

No, that was the last cheque for the academy (2013) before we changed to the CSF. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Great idea. I still owe for pukki’s goals and Norwich points. Will pay up early if it helps. 

No hurry for that dj. It will be included for the next presentation. Depending on what happens with the football season/s we will need the 40 tenners at some point this summer.

7 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Any monies can be used to help children with any form of disability as far as I am concerned.

This for me . 
But most of you have been involved a lot longer than I have . 

• Like 1

Tenner on its way and hopefully £25 too if I do the double. Tall order though to expect my luck to last until July 😇

• Thanks 1

Well done to everyone on here who has helped to raise the cash for the CSF, they need it now more than ever having had to cancel 5/6 events from March to August.

Also big thank you to Nutty who steers the ship and does all the hard work.

Have a great weekend everyone 

• Like 1

I’m in 🥰...

..think Emma being clear that via PUPs expanding who we support, the CSF themselves can access further funds from other bodies, no doubt significantly increasing the whole cake (lots of grants can be unlocked provided there is private sector contribution also)...do it Eddie

....love and peace to you all 🐕

Parma 🍝

• Like 2

I would be happy to expand our support to the other disability programmes the CSF runs especially if it can unlock further funding for them. Go for it! 

• Like 1

Not much more to report this week. How we proceed really depends on decisions made by the various football leagues.

We have had another donation to the presentation pot so here's the updated totals...

1576915810_Signaturetotals21may.jpg.48a7e8290c63f82841f0c4f8187eab4a.jpg

Totally agree with the views to expand. 👍

Will fire off my tenner next week 👍and I'll also settle up my first half of the early season bet (I think it was £25 for that lot down the road staying in League One and £1 for every goal they conceded). 🤭🤣

Apples

So after three months and much uncertainty we can resume Rays Funds albeit under very different circumstances. It will be a new experience for us but I’m sure you PUPs will make it work.

By 20th June many leagues across Europe and beyond will be playing again so there will be enough choice to restart the six results. One difference is that the fixtures are played through the week but I suggest we stick to Sat/Sun/Mon like we always have. I have been given the extra finance needed to see this through.

Here is the revised rotas for the first three weeks : -

Six Results

20/06/20 – @Hector Brockelbank  

27/06/20 – @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

04/07/20 – @Mandie Moos Mear Kat

For the Norwich predictions I think we should just use the weekend games but include Fridays. PUPanon has kindly agreed to fund these games.

Norwich Picks

19/06/20 – @lincsy88

27/06/20 – @Hissing Sid

The first week the fixtures were cancelled should have been the third of an annual event to remember and honour top PUP and Superfan Chellecity. I have checked with @Hissing Sid and we have agreed to use the Manchester Utd cup game to honour Chelle. Although some people used the money they’d sent on accumulators that weekend I still have fivers from @Diane , @Parma Ham's gone mouldy and @Diesel Doris. So you three and anyone else who’d like to send a fiver can make an extra pick for that Cup game with any winnings going to SarcomaUK.

Last week I received an anonymous donation of £30 from a kind poster on this board. I have revised the totals accordingly below. This donation took us passed another milestone with the total money raised by this community nowe passing £15,000. We presented £3,000 last month and already have £178 towards the next presentation.

775782292_Signaturetotals-11thJune2020.jpg.4169fabc8542eb1916cfc9f3c1888f8c.jpg

As always a massive thank-you to our benefactor PUPanon for making the Norwich match picks possible. Also to all the Pink Un posters who send me pledges and donations. And to our sponsors Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus. Their money all goes straight into the presentation pot. The CSF and the groups we help fund really appreciate this support. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below:-

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.kareplus.co.uk/norwich/

I would like to just add a special mention for our sponsors Kareplus who have been out in the community making a huge difference to vulnerable people throughout this pandemic.💛💚👏👏👏

I think that's it for now. Just a reminder that Rays Funds is for the whole Pink Un community so please join in with your picks and suggestions when the thread returns next Wednesday.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Eddie

To confirm Nigel is fine to do the picks for 4 July - I'll set a reminder for him!

And, just echoing earlier comments about how our fundraising is used, happy for this to be expanded to whichever causes you wish to support.

OTBC 😀 

• Thanks 1