Making Plans

Football in England: Government 'opens door for safe return in June'

1 hour ago, T said:

Sorry I’m not sure if you have seen the news or not but the expectation is that people are expected to go to work with no special measures whatsoever other than standard hygiene and distancing measures and a lot of people have never stopped. In rest of Europe football is restarting shops gyms factories borders restaurants schools and hotels are all opening up with a lot less restrictions than football.  It is truly bizarre that I have to explain what is freely publicly available in the news. There is no testing and quarantine for them so footballers have a lot less risk. It is as if  half the rest of the UK lives on their own little island oblivious of the news facts evidence and reality. No wonder the UK is such a mess and so far behind other countries and believes in the Brexit nonsense. 

Footballers won’t even get the “standard hygiene and distancing” methods that we get, so there is no comparison to our jobs

1 hour ago, Rivvo said:

Did you mean ‘tug their forelock’ although I maybe wrong as I am obviously an educated mass.

It's his cheap phone apparently

Edited by Crabbycanary3

Footballers will get testing every days and quarantine. The risk of them catching it in those circumstances is very low compared to the rest of the population. Footballers are young fit and healthy so the risk of their bodies not being able to cope is very low compared to the majority of brits who are fat and unfit. 

if you are that concerned about people’s lives you would stop brexit now to focus on more important priorities, ban smoking, ban alcohol, ban unhealthy food, and enforce exercise   Poor UK health and fitness will cost a lot more years of life but Brits just carry on voting for policies and behaviour which is harmful to the UK

Realistic evidence based risk assessment should be taught in schools. 

9 hours ago, T said:

If you that concerned about young fit slim footballer with no preconditions in an environment where everyone is tested every couple of days then I can only assume logicallly that the whole of the UK population should be shielding until a vaccine is found including yourselves because they have far less risk than the majority of brits who are fat unfit and unhealthy. You are being totally emotional and totally illogical which is hardly surprising when the majority of UK emotionally and illogically voted for Brexit. I just despair at the paucity of the UK education system that people think like that. But of course the ruling classes that the masses tick their forelock to never want to educate the masses to think for themselves because they want to keep their Erin buddies in control. It is just bizarre. 

You really do need a good sub-editor. What you write would still be nonsense, but grammatically correct nonsense. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, T said:

Footballers will get testing every days and quarantine. The risk of them catching it in those circumstances is very low compared to the rest of the population. Footballers are young fit and healthy so the risk of their bodies not being able to cope is very low compared to the majority of brits who are fat and unfit. 

if you are that concerned about people’s lives you would stop brexit now to focus on more important priorities, ban smoking, ban alcohol, ban unhealthy food, and enforce exercise   Poor UK health and fitness will cost a lot more years of life but Brits just carry on voting for policies and behaviour which is harmful to the UK

I am sure you've said this before somewhere on this thread and others but thanks for the reminder. Do you think you could go back and answer some of the questions that have been asked to you instead of repeating the same things. You portray yourself as highly intelligent but resort to insults on every single post its odd. 

The point is the UK is doing appalling. It has appalling leader and government. It makes appalling decisions based on emotion and nationalism rather than logic reason and evidence and expert knowledge and has no concept or understanding of risk. If you are happy with the poor performance of the UK and it’s government then fine.

Please feel free to give a logic rational evidence based argument but all you get is nationalism and evidence of a failing UK education system. Meanwhile I will exercise and eat healthy and go out and listen to experts rather than punters with no knowledge or understanding who are scared of foreigners and the outside world. 

im merely holding up a mirror to show you how the outside world sees the UK. Only Trump US and Brazil is getting a worst press. Wake up and face the issues rather than being defensive aggressive about how poorly UK is performing. 

3 minutes ago, T said:

The point is the UK is doing appalling. It has appalling leader and government. It makes appalling decisions based on emotion and nationalism rather than logic reason and evidence and expert knowledge and has no concept or understanding of risk. If you are happy with the poor performance of the UK and it’s government then fine.

Please feel free to give a logic rational evidence based argument but all you get is nationalism and evidence of a failing UK education system. Meanwhile I will exercise and eat healthy and go out and listen to experts rather than punters with no knowledge or understanding who are scared of foreigners and the outside world. 

im merely holding up a mirror to show you how the outside world sees the UK. Only Trump US and Brazil is getting a worst press. Wake up and face the issues rather than being defensive aggressive about how poorly UK is performing. 

Good for you... 

I don't think anyone is defending the government to to the extreme you are saying at all.

Mirror to who? 

Who is scared? I've asked that before. 

I don't post on here much at all but read it a lot and I really struggle to work out your motives. 

• Like 1

The UK needs some tough love. 

The RKI which is an independent panel of experts has assessed the risk and said the risk with the testing and quarantine measures which go beyond the rest of us get on a daily basis is very low. I would go with the opinion of the RKI rather than punters on social media. I’ve never denied for a moment that there is a risk but there is always going to a be risk   They still have a higher risk of a career ending injury. I’d still much prefer their odds over going to the supermarket or the London Underground which is an uncontrolled environment with no testing , no quarantine, close contact with lots a of people who may or may not have taken hygiene measures and impossible to keep social distancing   I would much rather play football with young fit individuals who have been tested and quarantined.

I have continued to keep fit outside and while one tries to keep distance it is just impossible at certain crowded points in a city park. And I will travel to other countries to do outside sport next month. I won’t be going to crowded bars though and keeping a distance and wearing required mask. I would never ask someone else to do something I wouldn’t do myself. Why? Because the risk of heart disease high blood pressure and diabetes from sitting on your backside is still a higher risk for the majority than Covid 19. 

1 hour ago, T said:

You are aware there are fat people in your heaven that is Germany, and that the swing in obesity rates between UK and Germany is only 5%. 

You're starting to sound like a fatty struggling to come to terms 😀

• Like 1

If (ich liebe Deutschland) 'T' is on a communal computer, does he rise early and throw his beach towel over the communal keyboard?.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T said:

All we seem to get from you is how Britain is rubbish and Germany is great.

Isn’t it a bit hypocritical for you to retain dual nationality ?

The PL restarting the season ?

I'm sure there was someone on here a while back saying this would be the case..................😊

34 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

All we seem to get from you is how Britain is rubbish and Germany is great.

Isn’t it a bit hypocritical for you to retain dual nationality ?

I still pay taxes in both countries. The point is rather than being defensive is to look at what other countries are doing and learn what you can do better. No doubt the healthcare, political, education and infrastructure functions better than the UK. There is a fundamental reason for that is that the complete German system got an overhaul as a reaction to the war and was a condition of funding whereas UK is still stuck in a previous preeminent past.

The FA and Southgate have looked at what worked in Germany for Football. The cricket authorities looked at Australia. It is just commonsense to benchmark against others and see what you can learn rather than be insular. And it is clear that UK can learn from Germany in this instance. But complete and utter nonsenses to suggest everything is better or worse and i never would because that is not the truth But naturally now i make comparisons and the UK is performing poorly compared to Germany. I want the UK to be better but it seems others would rather just muddle through as is happening now rather than learn from others and improve. . 

Have you thought about doing something about it. Become an MP or something? 

You are very passionate about it, are you doing anything to help in anyway other than insulting and dismissing people on a football forum? 

I agree our current Government is appalling. But the rest is not correct. Does testing prevent someone from catching it and passing it on?

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I agree our current Government is appalling. But the rest is not correct. Does testing prevent someone from catching it and passing it on?

ask those on the tube/train/buses

they are not even being tested, but it appears ok for them

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I presume that if they are "held together" in hotels that there is little or no contact with others. Therefore they don't inter react with people that might have it?

Seriously what is worse the UK performing poorly or saying that the UK is performing poorly and learning so that it can be better. People seem more sensitive about being criticised than lives. 

ive just seen a global business presentation and the UK compares very poorly on a healthcare and an economic perspective from this crisis. People should be concerned about the issues with the UK not with people pointing out those issues. The UK won’t improve if it gets defensive aggressive about international comparisons rather than learns. 

Are you really happy with how the UK is performing compared to some other countries?

Will Tim Krul have a table at the side of his goal with hand sanitiser, for the use of whichever of our players VAR decides handled the ball when fired at them from 6 inches, so they can stay safe?

20 minutes ago, T said:

Are you really happy with how the UK is performing compared to some other countries?

No... Why would you think that? I too have duel citizenship and am aware how other countries are dealing with it

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

You are aware there are fat people in your heaven that is Germany, and that the swing in obesity rates between UK and Germany is only 5%. 

You're starting to sound like a fatty struggling to come to terms 😀

Does that mean there are more fat people in Germany , than there are in the UK then?

Which countries are you visiting next month T?

I find it quite bizarre how I can generally agree with someone's overall point of view but still get so irritated by them due to the manner in which they put it across.

I personally think T has fallen victim to the ad hominem fallacy to some extent. His hatred for the UK and love of all things German means that whatever the UK does is automatically wrong and whatever Germany does is right, just because Germany is so perfect. They could reopen the gas chambers tomorrow and T would claim that its a great decision and somehow they are just one step ahead of everyone else.

• Like 4

Then you definitely have fallen into the trap because I’ve also pointed how where the UK has done better eg quality of info on BBC and on NHS is better. What UK has done on shielding is better. The arts and culture and entertainment and media is better in UK.  New technology tends to get adopted a lot quicker in the UK and I’ve no doubt lots of other things I can’t think of right now.

But generally on this  particular topic I follow both news and just despair for the UK. The Boris performance on Sunday night was a particular  low. He is just doesn’t understand and is not on top of it in the way Merkel is. How anyone was ever fooled by him I don’t know. It’s how not to be taken in 101 and people fell for it whereas everyone else where knows it is nonsense. 

• Like 1

Just now, T said:

Then you definitely have fallen into the trap because I’ve also pointed how where the UK has done better eg quality of info on BBC and on NHS is better. What UK has done on shielding is better. The arts and culture and entertainment and media is better in UK.  New technology tends to get adopted a lot quicker in the UK and I’ve no doubt lots of other things I can’t think of right now.

But generally on this  particular topic I follow both news and just despair for the UK. The Boris performance on Sunday night was a particular  low. He is just doesn’t understand and is not on top of it in the way Merkel is. How anyone was ever fooled by him I don’t know. It’s how not to be taken in 101 and people fell for it whereas everyone else where knows it is nonsense. 

For what it's worth, I agree on both points there.

• Like 1

I know I am being brutal but my best coaches have been absolutely brutal with me. I can’t say I particularly liked at the time either but they are the ones who have taught me the most and who I go back to to and respect the most. 

League 1 meeting has finished without a definitive outcome. Clubs will meet again next week