Making Plans

Football in England: Government 'opens door for safe return in June'

T go on then I’ll bite one more time, everyone who is working is social distancing, hand washing etc, footballers are going to do neither and be in close physical contact with each other all the time they’re ‘working’ I don’t feel concerned for them but aggrieved that they may use up tests that could be used for the NHS, care workers or key workers. What they are going to do is not essential and should not be carried out, like clothes shopping, hairdressing, beauty therapy etc, there is that clear enough?

4 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

T go on then I’ll bite one more time, everyone who is working is social distancing, hand washing etc, footballers are going to do neither and be in close physical contact with each other all the time they’re ‘working’ I don’t feel concerned for them but aggrieved that they may use up tests that could be used for the NHS, care workers or key workers. What they are going to do is not essential and should not be carried out, like clothes shopping, hairdressing, beauty therapy etc, there is that clear enough?

I’d argue that hairdressers were far more essential than footballers! Going to be incredibly in demand service when they can open again

Sorry but it is totally ridiculous. I get a couple of cotton masks to go to the office on public transport and people  think it is wrong  that footballers might have to go to work with the protection of testing every couple of days and quarantine measures.

It is is little wonder that the UK is in such a mess when the majority of the population is overweight and foolish enough to ignore expert advice and prioritise nationalism over jobs and healthcare. It has ended up with one of the worlds worst death rates and the international embarrsent that is Boris as leader with a grossly incompetent government chosen on extremist ideology rather than ability  

If it wasn’t so tragic it would be comical  The UK really is a sad sorry state of affairs which incidentally seem a prerequisite for leadership  

Is that the kind of thing you meant. 

Tell me about it mate, my mrs has been inundated with requests for illicit haircuts! Which she hasn’t granted by the way.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, T said:

Sorry I’m not sure if you have seen the news or not but the expectation is that people are expected to go to work with no special measures whatsoever other than standard hygiene and distancing measures and a lot of people have never stopped. In rest of Europe football is restarting shops gyms factories borders restaurants schools and hotels are all opening up with a lot less restrictions than football.  It is truly bizarre that I have to explain what is freely publicly available in the news. There is no testing and quarantine for them so footballers have a lot less risk. It is as if  half the rest of the UK lives on their own little island oblivious of the news facts evidence and reality. No wonder the UK is such a mess and so far behind other countries and believes in the Brexit nonsense. 

And it will all end in tears

1 minute ago, T said:

Sorry but it is totally ridiculous. I get a couple of cotton masks to go to the office on public transport and people  think it is wrong  that footballers might have to go to work with the protection of testing every couple of days and quarantine measures.

It is is little wonder that the UK is in such a mess when the majority of the population is overweight and foolish enough to ignore expert advice and prioritise nationalism over jobs and healthcare. It has ended up with one of the worlds worst death rates and the international embarrsent that is Boris as leader with a grossly incompetent government chosen on extremist ideology rather than ability  

If it wasn’t so tragic it would be comical  The UK really is a sad sorry state of affairs which incidentally seem a prerequisite for leadership  

Is that the kind of thing you meant. 

Who meant? Do you answer a question ever......?

Wait, I know I’m a racist, xenophobic brexiteer, I’ll save you a post.

I totally agree that footballers shouldn’t restrict testing on anyone else. That was one of the criteria in Germany. But footballers will be outside with fleeting contact with other players. That will be regularly tested and quarantined to the extent not experienced by the rest of the population. They are young fit slim and healthy with no pre conditions. Yes there is a risk.  There will always be a risk and there are no absolute guarantees but their odds are a whole lots better the.majority of overweight brits having to go to work on public transport exposed to a lot more contact with a lot more people who haven’t been tested. And there is no guarantee yet that it will start or will continue  

It is just a completely irrational risk assessment that I object to. No one that UK voted for Brexit if it is that that scared of the outside world. 

Fleeting contact that involves, coughing, spitting, breathing heavily, inhaling heavily and massive physical exertion, yep just like all the other  jobs people are going back to.

9 minutes ago, T said:

I totally agree that footballers shouldn’t restrict testing on anyone else. That was one of the criteria in Germany. But footballers will be outside with fleeting contact with other players. That will be regularly tested and quarantined to the extent not experienced by the rest of the population. They are young fit slim and healthy with no pre conditions. Yes there is a risk.  There will always be a risk and there are no absolute guarantees but their odds are a whole lots better the.majority of overweight brits having to go to work on public transport exposed to a lot more contact with a lot more people who haven’t been tested. And there is no guarantee yet that it will start or will continue  

It is just a completely irrational risk assessment that I object to. No one that UK voted for Brexit if it is that that scared of the outside world. 

Where again? 

Who and why scared? 

10 minutes ago, T said:

. No one that UK voted for Brexit if it is that that scared of the outside world. 

😀

If you that concerned about young fit slim footballer with no preconditions in an environment where everyone is tested every couple of days then I can only assume logicallly that the whole of the UK population should be shielding until a vaccine is found including yourselves because they have far less risk than the majority of brits who are fat unfit and unhealthy. You are being totally emotional and totally illogical which is hardly surprising when the majority of UK emotionally and illogically voted for Brexit. I just despair at the paucity of the UK education system that people think like that. But of course the ruling classes that the masses tick their forelock to never want to educate the masses to think for themselves because they want to keep their Erin buddies in control. It is just bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, T said:

But of course the ruling classes that the masses tick their forelock to never want to educate the masses to think for themselves because they want to keep their Erin buddies in control. It is just bizarre. 

Bill wannabe.......attention seeker desperado

Edited by Van wink

1 hour ago, T said:

people ...go to work with no special measures whatsoever other than standard hygiene and distancing measures

Ha ha . Priceless . No special measures apart from those special measures that you mention. Brilliant stuff . Do you write comedy for a living ?😂🤣

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T said:

If you that concerned about young fit slim footballer with no preconditions in an environment where everyone is tested every couple of days then I can only assume logicallly that the whole of the UK population should be shielding until a vaccine is found including yourselves because they have far less risk than the majority of brits who are fat unfit and unhealthy. You are being totally emotional and totally illogical which is hardly surprising when the majority of UK emotionally and illogically voted for Brexit. I just despair at the paucity of the UK education system that people think like that. But of course the ruling classes that the masses tick their forelock to never want to educate the masses to think for themselves because they want to keep their Erin buddies in control. It is just bizarre. 

Come on admit it. You come on here to be insulting and to spout obnoxious generalisations that if they were written about any other country would be considered as racist, in order to get a reaction don’t you?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

Come on admit it. You come on here to be insulting and to spout obnoxious generalisations that if they were written about any other country would be considered as racist, in order to get a reaction don’t you?

You cad sir!

• Haha 1

Did you mean ‘tug their forelock’ although I maybe wrong as I am obviously an educated mass.

Sorry I meant uneducated but obviously you’ll realise that with you’re grasp of ze English language.

1 minute ago, Rivvo said:

Did you mean ‘tug their forelock’ although I maybe wrong as I am obviously an educated mass.

he copied it down wrong

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Bill wannabe.......attention seeker desperado

It’s the same person

I wish I could block him but as he only has one letter as his name, apparently I can’t?

• Haha 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Green shorts I think...

Wrong answer😀