Sign in to follow this  
JF

Harry Kane sponsors Leyton Orient

Perhaps he can give us some cash as an apology for being so poor here. Or even better pursuade Spurs not to steal any of our players! 

Edited by The Raptor

13 minutes ago, JF said:

Fair play to him, great gesture 

He's  a decent guy ,I think.  Good for him . So many of those minted Prem players could help out a Club that they have had history with.  Dont wanna get told off by Nuttyo  for thinking about other peeps  money so I'll stop now😉😇😜. Well played Arry.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

Rich and Successful giving back to their grass roots. It's the right thing. I was watching Kim Cattral on the news there talking about how actors like herself relied on small theatres which are now at risk of going bust and thought maybe people like her should be supporting them.

7 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

He's  a decent guy ,I think.  Good for him . So many of those minted Prem players could help out a Club that they have had history with.  Dont wanna get told off by Nuttyo  for thinking about other peeps  money so I'll stop now😉😇😜. Well played Arry.

A bit mischievous Corkyo. You're not suddenly buying two season tickets because you like what 'arry done wiv 'is dough...

Harry Kane is a good guy. So is the bloke who signed him on loan for us. Maybe 'arry's not such a good guy when he falls over in our box. And the bloke who signed him maybe wasn't such a good guy when we were bored.

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

A bit mischievous Corkyo. You're not suddenly buying two season tickets because you like what 'arry done wiv 'is dough...

Harry Kane is a good guy. So is the bloke who signed him on loan for us. Maybe 'arry's not such a good guy when he falls over in our box. And the bloke who signed him maybe wasn't such a good guy when we were bored.

He's always been a good guy, but he's also (was) a sh*t manager!

Good to see. I think its quite clear he could have moved in the last 18 months for a lot more money than Spurs too.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Mischievous, Moi? Porquois? Fair play to him, I don't know if hes a good guy but he seems ok.

is there any truth in the rumour that an insolvency practitioner has offered a tenner to do the same for Ipswich, saying he felt a bond between them?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Good to see. I think its quite clear he could have moved in the last 18 months for a lot more money than Spurs too.

True, but playing for Spurs and England he’s hardly going to be financially poor by any measure for the rest of his life.  There’s more to life than just going after the money - something that seems to be lost on a lot these days.

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He's been a success everywhere he's been though except here...

and doesn't have a job? How many 'good' years has he had in the Premier League? He's had some good years in the Championship but not that many convincing in the Premier League. The first season with us, the final position looks cosy but I remember it being very much touch and go until the last few games (with boring, rubbish football to boot). I'd rather be entertained and lose watching Farke than bored and win watching Hughton's 'style' (I use the word style very, very loosely).

7 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

and doesn't have a job? How many 'good' years has he had in the Premier League? He's had some good years in the Championship but not that many convincing in the Premier League. The first season with us, the final position looks cosy but I remember it being very much touch and go until the last few games (with boring, rubbish football to boot). I'd rather be entertained and lose watching Farke than bored and win watching Hughton's 'style' (I use the word style very, very loosely).

I'd imagine that Hughton would have his pick of most available Championship jobs given his record. He has managed three teams in the division: he got Newcastle and Brighton promoted and took Birmingham to the Playoffs under severe financial restraints. He was doing very well with Newcastle in their first season back in the Premier League and was 12th when Ashley sacked him to bring in his mate, and the Newcastle fans still love Hughton to this day. The job he did with Brighton in the Premier League was good too in terms of results as he kept them up for two years after getting them there, but obviously lost his job due to the defensive nature of his football.

Norwich is the only blot on his copybook. He had done well in three jobs out of four which is a good success rate for a head coach.

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'd imagine that Hughton would have his pick of most available Championship jobs given his record. He has managed three teams in the division: he got Newcastle and Brighton promoted and took Birmingham to the Playoffs under severe financial restraints. He was doing very well with Newcastle in their first season back in the Premier League and was 12th when Ashley sacked him to bring in his mate, and the Newcastle fans still love Hughton to this day. The job he did with Brighton in the Premier League was good too in terms of results as he kept them up for two years after getting them there, but obviously lost his job due to the defensive nature of his football.

Norwich is the only blot on his copybook. He had done well in three jobs out of four which is a good success rate for a head coach.

I said that he was successful in the Championship, I questioned the Premier League. I'd argue the Newcastle premier league (whilst decent) was not long enough to form an opinion, so he can get half a point. Both seasons at City, he was awful, even though we had a decent looking final position in his first. At Brighton, the first year was good, the second he got the sack? 1.5 good years out of 4.5.

He is a pragmatic coach and may well grind out the results a board of directors need to escape relegation, but Jesus, pity the poor, poor fans who have to watch that sh*t.

If we ever went behind with him in charge (we did, a lot), we may as well have just given up and gone home, as we know we wouldn't even try to have a go at them to equalise. It was soul destroying to watch.

Anyway. Harry Kane. Nice gesture.

The thing I always remember about Hughton was how surprised he was about how the community around our club worked. I'm sure he'd never had to face an AGM and questions from a room full of ordinary fans. (Which basically what the majority of our shareholders are). And the fans forums where again he had to answer to a room full of ordinary fans. There was nothing difficult in the questions but it was obvious this was new to him. It's the way we do things here🙃

Great stuff from Harry Kane.

Our players/execs/club have been doing some great stuff in the community. 

Fair play to Kane on this one. I not going to forgive him though for being every bit as offside as Pukki on December 28 then that ridiculous hand gesture to earn them an unjustified free kick and an equaliser.

On 14/05/2020 at 16:32, The Raptor said:

Perhaps he can give us some cash as an apology for being so poor here. Or even better pursuade Spurs not to steal any of our players! 

........and I’m sure he would have something to say about the “ support “ he received at Carrow Rd. A talented young player learning his trade who came to us after successful loan period at LO. Didn’t work, shame.