Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Sebastian Soto

20 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Hope they didn't scout him just from those videos

He plays in Germany. I'm sure we have good knowledge of the game there. 

I think I read he is also being scouted by Spurs after he and his brother had trials there, so this is a big coup - well done to all!!

Always sceptical basing an opinion on YouTube reels but the one thing it does show is that his link up play looks very good indeed and his first touch looks strong. More of a no.10 than a no.9 It looks. Him an Idah for the future hopefully 🙂

2 minutes ago, NWC said:

I think I read he is also being scouted by Spurs after he and his brother had trials there, so this is a big coup - well done to all!!

You're getting mixed up with different American talent in the German leagues-

Norwich City are keeping tabs on Bayern Munich’s Taylor Booth and his younger brother Zach Booth.

• Thanks 1

There had to be a Bundesliga connection. 🙂

The 19-year-old American is currently on contract with Hannover.

His deal with the Bundesliga 2 side expire next month.

Soto will be loaned out by City next season, as the US Under-23 striker won’t initially qualify for a work permit in England, says the report, in Bild.

The piece I read (can't remember where) made him sound like a potential second Pukki. Not strong or particularly quick, but all about intelligence and being in the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Nuff Said

Always refreshing and exciting to sign a young prospect , especially a striker .

Cheered me up this morning 😊

1 hour ago, NCFCInnit said:

Hope they didn't scout him just from those videos

I doubt

as our scouts take thorough preparation seriously

'be prepared' is their motto, I believe

Sounds like we wont see him next season due to work permit issues though. Clearly a long term investment. 

Will we ever see him? He'll need to get regular games with the US national team before he gets a work permit, unless we can find him an EU passport somewhere- and even that may change after Brexit.

Maybe Stuart Webber can hang around on this forum overnight until those spammers come advertising their wares.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Will we ever see him? He'll need to get regular games with the US national team before he gets a work permit, unless we can find him an EU passport somewhere- and even that may change after Brexit.

Maybe Stuart Webber can hang around on this forum overnight until those spammers come advertising their wares.

Our current negotiations with the US are being done by City supporter Liz Truss, she'll make a work permit for Soto a red line in the Trade Agreement. 🙂

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Our current negotiations with the US are being done by City supporter Liz Truss, she'll make a work permit for Soto a red line in the Trade Agreement. 🙂

Oh please tell me that is not true!☹️

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Just shows everyone has at least one redeeming feature!

That's ruined your day Purple (or put a wry smile on your face). 

Bit like Cameron saying he was a Smith's fan, which thoroughly riled Johnny Marr....

• Like 1

We may have a Sitti, Sinani and Soto to start next year. Must be an S trend for the scouts.

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That's ruined your day Purple (or put a wry smile on your face). 

Bit like Cameron saying he was a Smith's fan, which thoroughly riled Johnny Marr....

There are worse Tories it could have been - Rees-Mogg, Priti Patel, Steve Baker, BoJo, Raab, Gove, Mark Francois, Ian Duncan Smith, Chris Grayling, Andrea Leadsom...

Actually i am almost starting to warm to the idea of Truss!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There are worse Tories it could have been - Rees-Mogg, Priti Patel, Steve Baker, BoJo, Raab, Gove, Mark Francois, Ian Duncan Smith, Chris Grayling, Andrea Leadsom...

Actually i am almost starting to warm to the idea of Truss!

That's a list actually I can't add to but I'm wondering right now in what order I might list them (I can just about stomach Shapps, Jenrick, Alok Sharma, Williamson....had to show first of these lot round my workplace once and chair a meeting with him. He was okay).

If you're on Twitter you might enjoy the parody account for Mark Francois. You'll end up quite changing your opinion of the real man weirdly (at least feeling a hint of empathy)...he is listed as "Mark ne Francois pas"  which is what the sonyc household call the real MF. His posts are sometimes very funny.

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That's a list actually I can't add to but I'm wondering right now in what order I might list them (I can just about stomach Shapps, Jenrick, Alok Sharma, Williamson....had to show first of these lot round my workplace once and chair a meeting with him. He was okay).

If you're on Twitter you might enjoy the parody account for Mark Francois. You'll end up quite changing your opinion of the real man weirdly (at least feeling a hint of empathy)...he is listed as "Mark ne Francois pas"  which is what the sonyc household call the real MF. His posts are sometimes very funny.

Was it Shapps or Michael Green?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

T will be quite happy to fill in any gaps. 😉

He'll be too good to play in the EPL