Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Webber

18 minutes ago, Well b back said:

See Chris Sutton has waded in now, telling us we should just be getting on with it. I used to worship this guy, I wonder what his beef is about us ?.

Chris Sutton is one of the biggest  WUMs in the footy media. His best line though has to be..... " Celtic Reserves is a bigger job than Leicester  1st team."....while discussing Brendan Rogers.

Would be funny to see  Sutton offered both jobs. Hed soon change his tune methinks. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

Potter going on about liabilty. Clubs need to check whether their Employers Liability insurance covers a pandemic. I suspect not and even if it does there will be contributory negligence putting an employee at risk. Big risk for the clubs.

Some have referenced the fact the PPM model has been used to determine promotion and relegation in the past, which is correct, but only in cases where clubs are compared across different leagues, with the season having been completed and all clubs having played their fixtures.

That says it all really

The whole thing is a farce, the more you look for detail the more it falls apart.

6 league 1 clubs including the sc*m and led by Posh now saying they want to complete the season when safe and don’t accept abandoning. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

6 league 1 clubs including the sc*m and led by Posh now saying they want to complete the season when safe and don’t accept abandoning. 

Quite right. Shouldn’t be one rule for the PL (and possibly championship so we can make sure Leeds don’t get upset) and one rule for the rest of the footballing pyramid.

I know it’s all about money (which they really should just be honest about - im losing more and more of the little respect I had left for English football the longer they go on about the ‘integrity of the game’) but if it’s not safe or possible for Leagues 1 and 2 to complete, then it can’t be for the PL and championship 

I am more and more (although I always have been) in the you either play it out or you void camp. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I am more and more (although I always have been) in the you either play it out or you void camp. 

They are the only sensible options.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

They are the only sensible options.

The good thing is that I think more people are coming to that realisation and kicking back against PPG. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

The good thing is that I think more people are coming to that realisation and kicking back against PPG. 

Hope so. And of course it will never happen

32 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The anti-PPG argument is gaining momentum, as the argument that clubs who play a full season should not be relegated in favour of those that have not. Worth a read:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8320927/MARTIN-SAMUEL-points-game-argument-totally-flawed.html

A non resumption of the season remains our best hope of staying up.😉

The penny is dropping and the widespread acceptance that "you just use PPG" is falling away. Promising.

49 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The anti-PPG argument is gaining momentum, as the argument that clubs who play a full season should not be relegated in favour of those that have not. Worth a read:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8320927/MARTIN-SAMUEL-points-game-argument-totally-flawed.html

What a refreshing article, completely deconstructing PPG (which I thought was going to be applied I have to say). And he is right, why should Leeds be given the points when they have 71 points now, 23 short  of what we achieved last year to clinch promotion! Every one of our last 4 games was crucial and important. A very fair article on Norwich too. 

Thanks

Whilst no decision has been formally taken league 2 clubs apparently said in their meeting today that they want to end the season (because they can;t afford to play) and have proposed that 3 go up automatically and 1 via  playoffs. The interesting part is that apparently by way of a 20/24 club split the clubs voiced the view that there should be no relegation as it was unfair on the clubs who would not have a chance to save themselves.

Interesting indeed. Keep an eye on how the FA and EFL respond to that.

Of course all not relevant to us if the premier league re-starts.

• Like 1