Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Webber

I keep coming back to that intervention by the FA. That has changed things and is effectively forcing leagues (or at least the premier league) into a PPG impasse situation. Why has the FA seen fit to lay down that stipulation at this juncture. Rick Parry is a member of the FA board. How much influence did he have over the decision by the FA to make that comment?

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I keep coming back to that intervention by the FA. That has changed things and is effectively forcing leagues (or at least the premier league) into a PPG impasse situation. Why has the FA seen fit to lay down that stipulation at this juncture. Rick Parry is a member of the FA board. How much influence did he have over the decision by the FA to make that comment?

I've missed that Jim. What have they said? 

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Good luck to them with that. Swansea in 11th could easily make the play offs. Villa did it from a similar position last year. 

20200513_171254.thumb.jpg.1e1e35963ada81156def05d086b582df.jpg

And look who was second at the same stage last season

20200513_171731.jpg.259c9021efceaebee2b3dd6f706eb940.jpg

Leeds have Fulham to play so lose that and it would have got interesting.

I have no issues with them going up as long as they have earned the right, not had it given on some formula.

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've missed that Jim. What have they said? 

Its been reported that they told the premier league clubs at the meeting on Monday that they would not sanction the league being voided or a no relegation solution. Or words to that effect.

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Not sure where I posted it but the tone from the journos today is about the FA wanting the PL to relegate, previously it was stated that they will demand it, so maybe bit as much as he believed.

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Its been reported that they told the premier league clubs at the meeting on Monday that they would not sanction the league being voided or a no relegation solution. Or words to that effect.

It's looking more and more likely that this will end up in court, at least I think that was what Webber was strongly hinting at this morning. If so, it will be for a judge to decide.

Some of the FA board members still can't work out why Old Etonians aren't in the FA Cup any more which is why the EPL was formed in the first place. 

I can guarantee if the season is not finished we will not get relegated.

The FA will change there tune after a few more meetings. By using the PPG system ive seen over the past few days there are many clubs that will go down the court case route etc........

It will jeopardise the start of next season. There are only 2 options and that is all leagues play to a finish or void the season.

You just cant relegate teams for the sake of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Imagine the Leeds fan's concerns at the first Norwich player to get the virus. They'll be shouting for an independent (North Yorkshire) Doctor to do another test.

They'd want one from South Yorkshire.

Those Northerners would screw 'em over 😀

Apologies if this has been said and I've missed it. Looking at that table. At the same time last year Leeds had more points and didn't go up. Ppg is not an indicator of anything. They have to be promoted on the pitch or not at all. 

58 minutes ago, HairyTeeth said:

I can guarantee if the season is not finished we will not get relegated.

The FA will change there tune after a few more meetings. By using the PPG system ive seen over the past few days there are many clubs that will go down the court case route etc........

It will jeopardise the start of next season. There are only 2 options and that is all leagues play to a finish or void the season.

You just cant relegate teams for the sake of it.

Totally agree.

Any court process (coupled with appeals) could delay next season by months

The PL are blustering at the moment, thinking they can brow beat teams. Their arrogance will be the beating of themselves.

47 minutes ago, JF said:

Amazing how they've gone from having no plan to suddenly deciding they can start in 3 weeks almost overnight after we and other premier league clubs spoke up. I don't believe they are remotely in a position to start playing games on 6th June.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Amazing how they've gone from having no plan to suddenly deciding they can start in 3 weeks almost overnight after we and other premier league clubs spoke up. I don't believe they are remotely in a position to start playing games on 6th June.

Very suspicious isn’t it. They want to start in 3 weeks but currently the training regime won’t allow group training. Going to be a lot of injuries in that first weekend!

10 minutes ago, JF said:

Very suspicious isn’t it. They want to start in 3 weeks but currently the training regime won’t allow group training. Going to be a lot of injuries in that first weekend!

Well that’s a lot of tests.

Journos need to make their mind up!!

There is another issue for the championship that I’ve only just thought about. The Welsh government may not allow Swansea and Cardiff to play

• Like 1

I can see how we can legally challenge playing at neutral grounds and relegation based on an incomplete season but I don't get Webber's remarks about the Championship. Surely it's up to them who they promote? We're not in the Championship so I can't see it's any of our business. He may just be chucking the kitchen sink at them in which case good luck to him 

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I can see how we can legally challenge playing at neutral grounds and relegation based on an incomplete season but I don't get Webber's remarks about the Championship. Surely it's up to them who they promote? We're not in the Championship so I can't see it's any of our business. He may just be chucking the kitchen sink at them in which case good luck to him 

I suppose his point is to underline that legal action would be forthcoming in this scenario if the FA/EPL try to enforce. PPG. It may also sway other EPL shareholders who would perhaps prefer to scrap relegation and protect their players and staff if the Championship are not prepared to finish their matches.

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I’m not sure he was making a legal point, more a sporting integrity point and appealing to sense of fairness. Implicit in his statement is we won’t accept PPG either because that would mean one or both leagues haven’t concluded. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think it was just a very clever remark to get people thinking.

‘decide it on the pitch’

As a club, we come out of our silence talking sense, getting many fans talking and agreeing with us, increasing the debate, moving it away from simply trashing the bottom 6, whilst also gently reminding the FA and the PL that we (along with other clubs) aren’t going to simply go along with their numerous and ludicrous ideas all of which are designed to see teams relegated unfairly and certainly not respecting the ‘integrity of the game’

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Totally agree.

Any court process (coupled with appeals) could delay next season by months

The PL are blustering at the moment, thinking they can brow beat teams. Their arrogance will be the beating of themselves.

We may disagree on Marina but on this I agree totally.

19 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

?

I owe you an apology Crabby! Sorry (I mixed you up with Crafty Canary on the main C19 thread). You must have thought WTF.🤭

Edited by sonyc

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I owe you an apology Crabby! Sorry (I mixed you up with Crafty Canary on the main C19 thread). You must have thought WTF.🤭

It crossed my mind 🙂 

14 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Badger and Bagster getting frequently confused was bad enough...🤓

• Haha 2

I genuinely can't see the promote but no relegation happening. Why would most clubs even consider allowing more teams to become shareholders, diminishing their 'slice' of the revenue; to be split 22 or 23 ways, instead of 20?

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Badger and Bagster getting frequently confused was bad enough...🤓

Dont bring Badgero into it, I'm already  Bagstero and Jayeffo!!