Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Webber

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think there is an argument from TV companies that no relegation will mean that if games get played as discussed, most will be meaningless.

Snap😂😂😂

Think everything he said is serious food for thought for all the other Clubs.

Deep down they will know that what he has said is absolutely true.

Not all clubs in the EPL will be in a safe position forever and any 3 of at least a dozen Clubs will be in the same position as us in future seasons.

This virus isn't finished with yet so whatever decision is made for this season will set the precedent if another season is affected.

So I think a few Clubs need to be careful of what they wish for.

• Like 1

I think there is an argument from TV companies that no relegation will mean that if games get played as discussed, most will be meaningless.

I think the TV has little or no argument when they are threatening a rebate.

Soundings coming out now from EFL meeting that they may be looking at playoffs to decide promotion and relegation from leagues 1 and 2.

I think the PL business people would not be doing their job properly if they aren't trying to find a workaround with the the TV companies that will result in clubs having to pay back as little as possible. We've all heard the £1b loss blah blah blah but if clubs have to pay back a number anywhere close to that then a lot of heads should roll at PL hq. 

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

In terms of a strategy very interesting that he said that. It is a clever stance to take.

Yes I noticed that. Added to it with a "virtual weighting" of our FA Cup performances ("away against a top Championship Club, and two prem Clubs" ) concluding that (in lieu of the leagues PPG) we would be winners;  playing in Europe (income) and getting a medal . 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Soundings coming out now from EFL meeting that they may be looking at playoffs to decide promotion and relegation from leagues 1 and 2.

Who qualifies for the Playoffs in League One? You have six teams 3rd-8th within a point of each other and some have played a game more or a game less.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Who qualifies for the Playoffs in League One? You have six teams 3rd-8th within a point of each other and some have played a game more or a game less.

Ipswich definitely don't! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Walking Man said:

Ipswich definitely don't! 😂

BOOM!

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yes I noticed that. Added to it with a "virtual weighting" of our FA Cup performances ("away against a top Championship Club, and two prem Clubs" ) concluding that (in lieu of the leagues PPG) we would be winners;  playing in Europe (income) and getting a medal . 

It's interesting that the PPG supporters haven't mentioned this. 

• Like 1

Perhaps go on form for the last 8 games in each league. We stay up and L1pswich get relegated?

Just seen that Italy are now likely to call it a day in their leagues. The government want entire squads to go into quarantine for two weeks if there are any positive cases which makes completing pretty much impossible 

https://twitter.com/dalejohnsonespn/status/1260554299165356032?s=21

Italian FA wants to follow the Bundesliga model of just isolating any player or member of staff who tests positive. 

“The German model is entirely applicable, I don’t understand why they won’t let us follow it in Italy too. The CTS has thrown a spanner in the works."

Edited by JF

Two entire German teams have been placed in quarantine yet their games are due to start this weekend.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Two entire German teams have been placed in quarantine yet their games are due to start this weekend.

Isn’t the rule across the whole league there, it’s local authority decisions, most German clubs will only have to quarantine effected players. In Italy it’s a decision that will be applied to every single club 

Edited by JF

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

The best laid plans of our tuetonic friends are being overtaken by events it seems.

Who'd  have guessed it?

1 hour ago, Ian said:

image.thumb.png.a4eb1340ca7bcdb6f6ed34b3949d4b14.png

Presumably there is something in the rule-book to cover this case, but interested to know what the theoretical process would be if a relegated team refuses to transfer their shares.

How does that explain how a club can refuse to transfer their shareholding? If you get relegated you are not a member of the Premier League and you don't have a share.

12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

How does that explain how a club can refuse to transfer their shareholding? If you get relegated you are not a member of the Premier League and you don't have a share.

What happens as I understand it is if you get relegated the premier league can direct you to transfer your share to a "promoted club" from the championship. That's what usually happens without any fuss. If you refused to do it then I presume there would be some sanction under the rules but if you are in that territory anyway then......

We were 7 points adrift by this stage in 2005, by the penultimate game of the season we were out of the bottom 3. I'm pretty sure Leicester were in a similar position before their title winning season as well. Relegating us to promote 3 teams who currently occupy the top 3 places in the notoriously volatile Championship after we slogged it out to win the whole thing fairly over the piece last season would be ludicrously unfair. Sadly that's how I see this all playing out though, I'm 90% sure the PL won't finish and certain the Championship won't, we'll end up relegated on PPG, and be at a huge disadvantage going into next season having budgeted for about 30m more than we're getting in TV and matchday income.

We, and any other clubs relegated from the PL will be getting hit doubly hard from the loss of both Tv and matchday income with next season projected income being significantly lower in the EFL while any promoted clubs will have been handed a gift they haven't yet earned. I doubt the threat of legal action will get us anywhere either. The PL might end up having to pay us a small settlement after an extremely long drawn out and costly court battle but it will barely matter to them and will be too late for us.

Still convinced Project start may commence but will certainly not finish likely to be curtailed due to an increase in the R factor.  Expect some players to become infected necessitating two week isolation for anyone contacted which may mean the entire squad.  The Pl plan to isolate the individual is nonsensical as that player could infect others for up to 14 days, it only takes one and if in a match period would affect the other playing club.

Every country with few exceptions have experienced R factors over 1 including Germany and France, UK to follow suite.  Boris making serious errors handling the virus. 

Imagine the Leeds fan's concerns at the first Norwich player to get the virus. They'll be shouting for an independent (North Yorkshire) Doctor to do another test.

I still believe that this is all a big sham, daft idea after stupid suggestion, just so they ( footy authorities) can say" we tried everything" , mainly to avoid being the ones to say " scrap it...all of it until there is some semblance of normality back in daily life"...after all these guys are being paid to try and come up with a solution. Not a bad job really...... ' I know!  Let's play behind closed doors in an astro pitch soaked in sanitizer  , fill the drink bottles with Dettol  and coat the ball in alcohol impregnated glaze. When players tackle they say excuse me I was here first, at which point possession  changes to the guy who says it first ...or loudest, tbc. " 

Following day ... " I know, let's move the entire league to Australia  etc.

Day after....." I know............ fill your own ridiculous  idea in here  , it's good fun but you wont get paid, unlike them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Think everything he said is serious food for thought for all the other Clubs.

Deep down they will know that what he has said is absolutely true.

Not all clubs in the EPL will be in a safe position forever and any 3 of at least a dozen Clubs will be in the same position as us in future seasons.

This virus isn't finished with yet so whatever decision is made for this season will set the precedent if another season is affected.

So I think a few Clubs need to be careful of what they wish for.

'They' being Leeds fans as well, but their self inflated reputation and status, won't allow them to concede this. 

29 minutes ago, pete said:

Still convinced Project start may commence but will certainly not finish likely to be curtailed due to an increase in the R factor.  Expect some players to become infected necessitating two week isolation for anyone contacted which may mean the entire squad.  The Pl plan to isolate the individual is nonsensical as that player could infect others for up to 14 days, it only takes one and if in a match period would affect the other playing club.

Every country with few exceptions have experienced R factors over 1 including Germany and France, UK to follow suite.  Boris making serious errors handling the virus. 

What we need to watch for is that in Germany they have changed he rules so that if it gets called off after they have resumed then the table is immediately frozen at that point and those are the final standings. Imagine if they manage one round of games and then its called off.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

As far as I am aware this is a physical shareholding in a company as per normal UK rules, therefore I don't think it would just magically disappear upon relegation.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This is a great example of how little say the EFL havd over the PL.

Another ludicrous idea to play some matches to justify a winner and loser to force promotions, which they can then use to force the PL to relegate.

It's all getting a little bit desperate now.....

Imagine the Leeds fan's concerns at the first Norwich player to get the virus. They'll be shouting for an independent (North Yorkshire) Doctor to do another test.

James Heriot?

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Following day ... " I know, let's move the entire league to Australia  etc.

As mad at that seems, you just know that someone at the PL has actually suggested that. Guarantee it!

OTBC

Add to the fact our next four are all winnable after the upturn in form too. Totally agree, either play it out as normal or call it void. No arguments.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Good luck to them with that. Swansea in 11th could easily make the play offs. Villa did it from a similar position last year. 

20200513_171254.thumb.jpg.1e1e35963ada81156def05d086b582df.jpg

And look who was second at the same stage last season

20200513_171731.jpg.259c9021efceaebee2b3dd6f706eb940.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog