Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Webber

So impressive is Webber. Obviously, the so called bottom 6 being the saboteurs is totally wrong and a media concoction. Also, interestingly, not all EPL CEOs are at one. And I'm pleased that he announced Norwich had decided to stay quiet (so far). Interesting too that it looks like he is adamant it's settled on the pitch and not artificially decided, plus that the championship has to finish it's matches. So, we know our view and strategy.

Great comments about the likes of Leeds (as a fan that he is too). As Neville stated, many Leeds fans are an angry bunch. 

He’s right though. It all needs to be decided on the pitch. 

The PPG to decide promotion and relegation is simply nonsense

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

So impressive is Webber. Obviously, the so called bottom 6 being the saboteurs is totally wrong and a media concoction. Also, interestingly, not all EPL CEOs are at one. And I'm pleased that he announced Norwich had decided to stay quiet (so far). Interesting too that it looks like he is adamant it's settled on the pitch and not artificially decided, plus that the championship has to finish it's matches. So, we know our view and strategy.

Great comments about the likes of Leeds (as a fan that he is too). As Neville stated, many Leeds fans are an angry bunch. 

From that I read that the EPL teams at risk of relegation are using an incomplete season on the pitch as the argument that it's not fair to relegate or promote, which is of course correct.

There's a lot of posturing taking place at the moment by all involved but that seems to be all it is and this is far from over if games don't get played.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

In terms of a strategy very interesting that he said that. It is a clever stance to take.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

In terms of a strategy very interesting that he said that. It is a clever stance to take.

It was stated with force and some determination and emotion too. Very clear. 

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

From that I read that the EPL teams at risk of relegation are using an incomplete season on the pitch as the argument that it's not fair to relegate or promote, which is of course correct.

There's a lot of posturing taking place at the moment by all involved but that seems to be all it is and this is far from over if games don't get played.

Yes, he stated that a lot of stuff was being talked about but some of the weirder things will fall away in his view. It is far from over.

Good use of language, ‘what we can’t accept’, ‘I don’t believe anyone would think it’s fair’

And what are the chances of both the PL and championship completing the season?

Just now, sonyc said:

It was stated with force and some determination and emotion too. Very clear. 

Thanks. It is an argument  more clubs than just those in obvious danger at the bottom could support, and potentially calls the FA's bluff, if the PL plays to a finish and the Championship does not. Hard then to see how the FA could justify demanding the PL relegates three teams when the Championship is using some artificial method to determine the top three.

Had a little look on Leeds waccoe after that, they went from praising his comments to turning on him incredibly quickly😂😂 

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Thanks. It is an argument  more clubs than just those in obvious danger at the bottom could support, and potentially calls the FA's bluff, if the PL plays to a finish and the Championship does not. Hard then to see how the FA could justify demanding the PL relegates three teams when the Championship is using some artificial method to determine the top three.

The problem remains though that if neither league completes the season (highly likely), it’s back to PPG nonsense to decide clubs fate 

So basically anything other than both leagues playing to their natural conclusion will result in probable legal action is what I think we can take from that 

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Now he getting stick on Twitter from guess which set of fans?

6 minutes ago, JF said:

Had a little look on Leeds waccoe after that, they went from praising his comments to turning on him incredibly quickly😂😂 

Because reality has kicked in that this IS being discussed by board members of the PL

10 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

The problem remains though that if neither league completes the season (highly likely), it’s back to PPG nonsense to decide clubs fate 

Not necessarily. It could end up with the season being voided, so all teams stay in the divisions they are in. Or, which could come to pass, it being decided it was fair to promote teams on PPG but not to relegate them.

12 minutes ago, JF said:

So basically anything other than both leagues playing to their natural conclusion will result in probable legal action is what I think we can take from that 

That must be our stance and its a consistent one. The leagues play out and promotion and relegation can happen. If they don't then they shouldn't. If there is a compromise whereby some promotion is allowed but no relegation then so be it but I think we need to maintain our stance. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

That must be our stance and its a consistent one. The leagues play out and promotion and relegation can happen. If they don't then they shouldn't. If there is a compromise whereby some promotion is allowed but no relegation then so be it but I think we need to maintain our stance. 

Consistent, logical, and morally unambiguous. Good to see Webber has headed off the media implication that the bottom 6 are only acting in their own self-interest.

35 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Good use of language, ‘what we can’t accept’, ‘I don’t believe anyone would think it’s fair’

And what are the chances of both the PL and championship completing the season?

Nil

We knew he was a Leeds fan but admitting to having a season ticket for 10 years took me by surprise.

59 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not necessarily. It could end up with the season being voided, so all teams stay in the divisions they are in. Or, which could come to pass, it being decided it was fair to promote teams on PPG but not to relegate them.

I've seen this stated more than a few times on here over the last few weeks - allow promotion but no relegation. How on earth is that fairer or better than the other options? That would seem to be the most unfair option of all - treat some of the league like nothing has changed whilst at the same time ignoring a chunk.

I think we need to take the green and yellow glasses off...we are bottom for a reason. You can't just wish that away.

Play the games if possible (personally not bothered if they do), if not then it's going to have to be PPG or something similar to decide where we finish. They aren't going to void it.

One way or the other, get the season done so we can move forward ffs. If that means we are down, we are down. It's only football after all. Not life and death.

OTBC

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I've seen this stated more than a few times on here over the last few weeks - allow promotion but no relegation. How on earth is that fairer or better than the other options? That would seem to be the most unfair option of all - treat some of the league like nothing has changed whilst at the same time ignoring a chunk.

I think we need to take the green and yellow glasses off...we are bottom for a reason. You can't just wish that away.

Play the games if possible (personally not bothered if they do), if not then it's going to have to be PPG or something similar to decide where we finish. They aren't going to void it.

One way or the other, get the season done so we can move forward ffs. If that means we are down, we are down. It's only football after all. Not life and death.

OTBC

Its "fairer" because less teams get "punished" for the fact there has been a global pandemic which has prevented the completion of the season. Fans who have done well get rewarded, clubs who could still have stayed up are not arbitrarily relegated. It would minimise the number of aggrieved parties and probably the scope for legal disputes, albeit it will not remove them entirely as it remains a fudge and imperfect (particularly when you look at the league 1 promotion picture).

In truth the only 2 completely "fair" outcomes are finish the games or void the season entirely. Anything else will be a compromise/fudge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JF said:

The finances of NCFC will determine if we can afford lawyer’s for a court case

Have to get a back street firm 

No Win No Fee

• Confused 1

Time is on our side. Watch what the govt does not what it says. Furlough scheme extended until October cos they know there will be a 2nd wave of infections and we will return to lockdown, possibly as early as 2 weeks time. I cannot see the EPL and Chump completing even if it does restart.

The EPL will ultimately have to follow the path of least resistance and won't want legal actions being launched by clubs otherwise next season and more TV revenue is in jeopardy.