Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Full refund scheme - Get your donations in

Processed mine online this morning. £90 for Coffin Dodgers and £10.53p for the away membership. Could not have been easier and quicker to do. Half an hour later the postie arrived with the letters !

• Like 1

Hello REN. I did this online (for my season ticket). C£150 should be back with me by the end of July.

(if the directors had taken a cut then I may have been inclined to donate. But they didn’t, and I would like the money to spend on my family)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Hello REN. I did this online (for my season ticket). C£150 should be back with me by the end of July.

(if the directors had taken a cut then I may have been inclined to donate. But they didn’t, and I would like the money to spend on my family)

Are the Directors familiar with the phrase 'charity begins at home"?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

At the start of the season many of the fans who paid their 50 pounds away membership charge couldn't get a ticket for West Ham.

At the same time though the Club sold luxury all in coach packages from Carrow Road for £200 plus.

Are you saying money doesn't talk?

I suppose all those years you spent as an associate director you never once rang the corporate hospitality office to get tickets for an away game rather than join the queue outside the ticket office, wait patiently on the phone lines or spent the morning online ?

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Didn't realise the rebate on my season ticket would be £130ish - to be fair I didn't realise how long we'd been in lockdown either!

Now to make a decision on what option to take.

Where did you see the amount Hog? I just did mine online but didn't see an amount, just the options of entering details (name, supporter no. and email) and then I got a confirmation email saying it was all done, but still no specific amount mentioned?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I suppose all those years you spent as an associate director you never once rang the corporate hospitality office to get tickets for an away game rather than join the queue outside the ticket office, wait patiently on the phone lines or spent the morning online ?

You are correct.

Unless you believe in some kind of Ghandi or marxist theory philosophy of life, ownership confers some form of benefits hence why the Directors box exists.

That is a slightly different principle to simply selling to the highest bidder as distinct from loyal supporters.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You are correct.

Unless you believe in some kind of Ghandi or marxist theory philosophy of life, ownership confers some form of benefits hence why the Directors box exists.

That is a slightly different principle to simply selling to the highest bidder as distinct from loyal supporters.

Depends on your definition of loyal supporters. people who put money in or those who go to every game they can whether it be home or away ?

By the way so glad this thread has given you the opportunity to extend your agenda.

8 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Where did you see the amount Hog? I just did mine online but didn't see an amount, just the options of entering details (name, supporter no. and email) and then I got a confirmation email saying it was all done, but still no specific amount mentioned?

It is in the letter SS but not shown online.

Am still deliberating over what to do with mine, but a couple of posts on here may just have made my mind up.

It tells you pretty clearly how to work out the amount, which is/will also be in the post, it’s 5/19 (Ie the number of games missed) x the amount paid.  I’ve gone for the rebate and will some of it to CSF when it arrives. 

I am funding an orphan friend  in a remote island in the Philippines to self build his first home. The refund is better used to provide for him than to the club.

The money will go further than here and provide someone with a place to call home. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is in the letter SS but not shown online.

Ah, makes sense. I got the 'how to' email this morning so just cracked on with it. Either way, all sorted now.

All done. Super simple.

No harrowing pictures of crying, homeless footballers or directors with begging pots as I was led to believe from here that there would be.

Almost starting to lose faith in the information I get from this forum.

5 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

All done. Super simple.

No harrowing pictures of crying, homeless footballers or directors with begging pots as I was led to believe from here that there would be.

They've learnt the lessons of 2009.

In 2009 it was also a personal choice.

The directors made quite a sizeable contribution so I hope that doesn't mean we have to match it.

Essex...

How much is the associate directors 'for life' season ticket to buy? 

59 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Processed mine online this morning. £90 for Coffin Dodgers and £10.53p for the away membership. Could not have been easier and quicker to do. Half an hour later the postie arrived with the letters !

Letters arrived and now all done with confirmation emails. Very straightforward.

Your £90 season ticket rebate for coffin dogers sounds a bit low Tilly. My season ticket rebate was £147.50.

50 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It tells you pretty clearly how to work out the amount, which is/will also be in the post, it’s 5/19 (Ie the number of games missed) x the amount paid.  I’ve gone for the rebate and will some of it to CSF when it arrives. 

Even with my total fail at ' O ' level maths I managed to work mine out without the abacus.

I’ll be taking mine. Had we actually spent some money last summer, I’d have been more inclined to let them keep it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

The amount was just in the letter that came this morning. I've not looked online or anything yet as not made a decision on what to do with it yet!

23 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Letters arrived and now all done with confirmation emails. Very straightforward.

Your £90 season ticket rebate for coffin dogers sounds a bit low Tilly. My season ticket rebate was £147.50.

I suspect you might be centre block seats Graham which have no concessions even for coffin dodgers which used to be me but my mate and i moved 6 seats across the gangway and saved £220 at the start of the season. Every £ is a prisoner for us old uns.

Edited by TIL 1010

47 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

All done. Super simple.

Lol, it was pretty shocking. I did question those who were criticising the club of doing something before they'd actually done it. Then it turns out, they didn't do it anyway. 😀

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I suspect you might be centre block seats Graham which have no concessions even for coffin dodgers which used to be me but my mate and i moved 6 seats across and saved £220 at the start of the season. Every £ is a prisoner for us old uns.

Looks like the old detective skills are still there Tilly.....😀

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Depends on your definition of loyal supporters. people who put money in or those who go to every game they can whether it be home or away ?

By the way so glad this thread has given you the opportunity to extend your agenda.

Definitely those who go to every game home or away.

There are some who have attended close on 100% over the 50 years I have been following the Club compared to my 60% or so. I would concede my seat to them anyday. 

Equally though there are many games in which I have sat in my comfy padded seat at home or indeed at away games having acquired a ticket from Commercial and have been able to identify plenty of vacant seats around me so any monetary advantage in that regard is balanced. That has not been the case in relation to the cherry picking VIP away day.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

There is no Marxist theory of the philosophy of life, or indeed very little discussion about people as individuals. Marx observes society, history and economics.

59 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In 2009 it was also a personal choice.

The directors made quite a sizeable contribution so I hope that doesn't mean we have to match it.

Essex...

How much is the associate directors 'for life' season ticket to buy? 

I don't think anyone has to match anything. Just that it would be good to see the Directors lead by example with their own charity ahead of the NHS. I made a generous donation myself last year but would now think twice.

I believe the South Stand padded seats now cost around £1,500 to buy. I swapped mine for 2 standard South Stand seats thereby surrending £400 value to the Club.  The price of this has more than doubled over the last 15 years compared to less than half for ordinary seats. To some extent that explains the Clubs reluctance to extend that right to inheritors. Does that mean though that they should deny any benefit or choice to inheritors?  

Where is the consistency of principles?

Christ on a bike what have you gone and done Nutty as you should know by now he is like a dog with a bone. Looks like we are back to square one over his ' life ' seat agenda. What's next the bond issue ?

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Christ on a bike what have you gone and done Nutty as you should know by now he is like a dog with a bone. Looks like we are back to square one over his ' life ' seat agenda. What's next the bond issue ?

NURSE!!!!!