Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Full refund scheme - Get your donations in

23 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I have two questions. Firstly, does anyone have the faintest idea what this is all about? If so they have my admiration but to be clear I very much do not want an explanation. Secondly, if the associate directors had to buy 25,000 shares to qualify as such, were these Ordinary or Preference shares?

I have no idea what it’s about but it’s still a fascinating read mind. 

2 hours ago, GMF said:

Nope, this one is genuine... 

Absolutely genuine right through to the last piece of pigeon p oop....

Edited by nutty nigel

40 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:
40 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What a paper hat. A splatter of pony and trap is worth a score of Pam Shrivers... 

Edited by GMF
Duplication

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

A pony and trap is worth a score of Pam Shrivers... 

• Haha 1

On 22/05/2020 at 09:14, Duncan Edwards said:

Semantics. 

Something “for life” ends with death. It’s that simple. 

you obviously have some beef with the club or perhaps an issue with the majority shareholders but this really isn’t the weapon to go to war with. You just come across as looking like you’re deliberately trying to be a **** to the club you supposedly support. 

The motive for that must be personal and it seems pretty unhealthy. I’d probably sell up and move on if I were you. Take up crown green bowls or something. Indoor. 🐦

Aren't you the same guy who last week was making a case for having a season ticket refund for the whole of 2019-20 on the grounds that you shouldn't have to pay for the games that have taken place due to the incomplete season?

That really would help the club  wouldn't it?

If you were to buy a house, I guess you wouldn't worry about the words in the contract. At least you needn't bother with the solicitor's fees.

Edited by essex canary

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Aren't you the same guy who last week was making a case for having a season ticket refund for the whole of 2019-20 on the grounds that you shouldn't have to pay for the games that have taken place due to the incomplete season?

If you were to buy a house, I guess you wouldn't worry about the words in the contract. At least you needn't bother with the solicitor's fees.

The trouble with solicitors is everybody can give you the name of a good one but you never know how good until you have a problem. Much the same can be said for accountants and financial advisors.

Anyway what about those preference shares and my question i asked ?

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The trouble with solicitors is everybody can give you the name of a good one but you never know how good until you have a problem. Much the same can be said for accountants and financial advisors.

Anyway what about those preference shares and my question i asked ?

I thought that was one question too many.

Nonetheless as I always like to help with enquiries, the answer is I relinquished the first tranche of my preference shares in 2014 in protest at the high level of McNallys bonuses. This was another subject upon which the ADG took a dim view of my questions.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I thought that was one question too many.

Nonetheless as I always like to help with enquiries, the answer is I relinquished the first tranche of my preference shares in 2014 in protest at the high level of McNallys bonuses. This was another subject upon which the ADG took a dim view of my questions.

Im not surprised as so far most of what you are moaning about is something you signed up to ,then later thought 'i want more than I agreed to'.

One can reasonably assume that the level of McNallys bonus was something agreed between him and the Club when be signed his contract. If you werent party to that decision , then join the rest of us . .....I wonder if you were consulted about McNallys Contract, that depends on how important you are to the Club, I know what my guess is.

44 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Im not surprised as so far most of what you are moaning about is something you signed up to ,then later thought 'i want more than I agreed to'.

One can reasonably assume that the level of McNallys bonus was something agreed between him and the Club when be signed his contract. If you werent party to that decision , then join the rest of us . .....I wonder if you were consulted about McNallys Contract, that depends on how important you are to the Club, I know what my guess is.

No problem with that.

The shareholder still has rights to ask questions though and reasonably should do so in situations where they believe costs are excessive relative to value delivered.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I rather suspect that an ADG member was at least partly responsible for the level of bonus paid.

At this juncture I suspect likewise but I was not knowingly party to that at the time and in so far as I now understand the detail  I would not have wanted to be party to it.

My own view is that those bonuses were truly excessive and whilst I wouldn't have expected to be involved in initial negotiation, I and any other shareholder should be at liberty to ask post event questions.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

At this juncture I suspect likewise but I was not knowingly party to that at the time and in so far as I now understand the detail  I would not have wanted to be party to it.

My own view is that those bonuses were truly excessive and whilst I wouldn't have expected to be involved in initial negotiation, I and any other shareholder should be at liberty to ask post event questions.

The world maybe reset on the other side of this pandemic. But I won't be holding my breath. I try not to allow my life to be governed by other people's money. Or in fact other people's anything. Anyway, football was heading in that direction a long time before 2002...

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Yep, that’s me. Did you think I meant it? Not the most intuitive, are you? 

What are you running on about now? Buying a house? Literally NOBODY sees things as you do. You’ve exhausted all conceivable avenues and faced rebuttal at each and you still can’t accept that YOU ARE WRONG. 

For life benefits end with the life. It’s obvious. It’s straightforward. 

No wonder the club didn’t get rid of the pigeons. 

I thought I had killed this thread off a few days ago with my scrupulous use of Aristotelian logic. It is like one of those monsters in a horror film you think is dead as the survivors embrace and the credits roll, but then one malevolent eye opens again...

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Yep, that’s me. Did you think I meant it? Not the most intuitive, are you? 

What are you running on about now? Buying a house? Literally NOBODY sees things as you do. You’ve exhausted all conceivable avenues and faced rebuttal at each and you still can’t accept that YOU ARE WRONG. 

For life benefits end with the life. It’s obvious. It’s straightforward. 

No wonder the club didn’t get rid of the pigeons. 

Maybe I never meant anything I wrote? 

Your original argument wasn't completely pants. After all if your bought a ticket to see a performance of Beethovens 9th and didn't get the final movement perhaps you would feel somewhat short changed.

Edited by essex canary

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Maybe I never meant anything I wrote? 

Your original argument wasn't completely pants. After all if your bought a ticket to see a performance of Beethovens 9th and didn't get the final movement perhaps you would feel somewhat short changed.

Beethoven's 9th??

I went to see Mungo Jerry at the Melody Rooms...

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Beethoven's 9th??

Did you go in the summertime?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Beethoven's 9th??

And if they didn't play their greatest hit you may have wanted all your money back. I couldn't tell you what it was.

If I went to see Free and they didn't play Allright Now I equally wouldn't have been happy.

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Did you go in the summertime?

The weather was fine.

Anybody know where shareholders who are not sitting in the boardroom set the salary structure ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Anybody know where shareholders who are not sitting in the boardroom set the salary structure ?

No.

Anyone know of an organisation where shareholders haven't got a right to ask a question and or vote with their feet?

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

No.

Anyone know of an organisation where shareholders haven't got a right to ask a question and or vote with their feet?

Did you ask a question at the AGM during McNasty's tenure and it has taken you 5 years since he left to vote with your feet ?

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Did you ask a question at the AGM during McNasty's tenure and it has taken you 5 years since he left to vote with your feet ?

I lived in Essex at the time and asked my question at an ADG meeting as I believed that was a reasonable substitute to making two journeys.

I have already explained that I did partially vote with my feet.

30 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I have already explained that I did partially vote with my feet

Partially? What did you do, hop out ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

I lived in Essex at the time and asked my question at an ADG meeting as I believed that was a reasonable substitute to making two journeys.

I have already explained that I did partially vote with my feet.

Partially = 50% out in January 2014 and 50% out in January 2020 😜

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

If I went to see Free and they didn't play Allright Now I equally wouldn't have been happy.

But you would have been unable to demand your money back-unless the ticket was sold with a guarantee that they would be playing that song.

Has anyone had a refund for the cup game yet? I thought these were automatically coming this month and there are now only 4 working days left. They're cutting it a bit fine!