Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Full refund scheme - Get your donations in

This is a world wide crisis how many clubs will survive without the crowds.

Its going be be a long haul to get the 50’s plus to     go back to how things were 

No vaccine, no large gatherings and no football club to worry what you do with your refund.

19 hours ago, GMF said:

I'm struggling to see just what 'beef' Essex has here? 

The recent bond issue was, at the time, widely considered by virtually everyone to be a huge success, having raised the maximum of £5,000,000 in super fast time - the only ones complaining seemed to be those who didn't get their backsides in gear and invest quick enough before the issue closed.

Yes, with the benefit of hindsight, the scheme was expensive, but only because the Club had the audacity to get promoted and the bonus therefore kicked in. It wasn't as if the Club was offering something it couldn't then afford, given the subsequent £100 million TV windfall.

It would also have been considered very odd had the directors not invested in the scheme at all - imagine the uproar if they hadn't do so? 

I don’t disagree generally, but would happily have taken up that scheme but it sold out too quickly - nothing at all to do with not ‘getting off my backside‘.  I guess it was a success but it was almost ‘too‘ generous and so (too many?) larger investors seemed to snaffle it up.  

I was a little intrigued that we paid it all back so swiftly - we had the option on promotion but didn’t have to.  I said at the time and still think it might have been better investing more in the squad, but I guess it was a choice and we chose to repay (clearing the debt, which is no bad thing). 

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t disagree generally, but would happily have taken up that scheme but it sold out too quickly - nothing at all to do with not ‘getting off my backside‘.  I guess it was a success but it was almost ‘too‘ generous and so (too many?) larger investors seemed to snaffle it up.  

I was a little intrigued that we paid it all back so swiftly - we had the option on promotion but didn’t have to.  I said at the time and still think it might have been better investing more in the squad, but I guess it was a choice and we chose to repay (clearing the debt, which is no bad thing). 

I think it makes sense to pay it back ASAP- you just can't predict where we'd be in 3 years time so better to pay it off when you know you can afford it, instead of wait and find yourself short of the money when time runs out.

23 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

He did invest in an unlisted football club Purple back in 2002 but 18 years on it looks to me that he regrets it as a season ticket for life in one of those lovely padded seats in The South Stand plus access to The Legends bar is not comparable to some hard cash in the form of a dividend.

So if you were to inherit 1,000 shares in the Football Club what would be your expectations based on the following?.

Share prospectus stated 'seat for life' appended by the following 'By offering these benefits, The Board intends to encourage potential investors to subscribe and retain Ordinary Shares subscribed under the Offer. Accordingly, the benefits are personal to the subscribers for Ordinary Shares and may not be transferred.' 

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

So if you were to inherit 1,000 shares in the Football Club what would be your expectations based on the following?.

Share prospectus stated 'seat for life' appended by the following 'By offering these benefits, The Board intends to encourage potential investors to subscribe and retain Ordinary Shares subscribed under the Offer. Accordingly, the benefits are personal to the subscribers for Ordinary Shares and may not be transferred.' 

I know exactly what it stated but obviously your interpretation is at variance with others.

42 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Branston, I can't find the original emails, but, from memory, there was at least a two week window (maybe longer) for parties to first register an expression of interest, which also included the option to provide an indication on their likely investments. That was before the the buying window actually opened for those who had already previously expressed an interest. Everyone had an equal chance (just as it should be in my opinion) to do their research, make their decisions and get organised to make a purchase, if that's what they wanted to do. No one could have predicted how successful the bond issue was going to be, nor that the Club would be promoted just twelve months later. I'm afraid therefore, that I have very little empathy for the "I was on holiday" brigade.  

Edited by GMF

Article in the Sun today says no mass gatherings for at least 12 months so that’s next season gone completely 

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I know exactly what it stated but obviously your interpretation is at variance with others.

Come on TIL. I am trying to work out whether you are PC plod or fraud squad material. How would you balance the interpretation of `for life', 'encourage to retain' and 'transferability' in a death and inheritance situation?

Seriously, don't believe anything that's in the Sun. For years several acquaintances of mine have been "journalists" for this "newspaper" who are paid a small fee to write up believable "news" articles which have absolutely no factual basis - I think it's quite well known that this practice has been going on for a long time so there must be hundreds of them out there. 

Also, this concentration on a vaccine is misplaced. There may well not be a vaccine ever but that doesn't mean we will never have mass gatherings again. If this coronavirus behaves like others (which is likely given that it is part of the same virus family) it will come and go, gradually weakening all the time. What we need to discover is a way of treating it so that people don't die - the healthcare professionals have already made huge progress on that and they will probably find that cure before we get near to a vaccine.

I think writing off next season already is somewhat premature, and I still think we'll be back at Carrow Road before Christmas.

Essex, why are you canvassing the pink un for views of loyal supporters and what do you intend to do with those views?

It all seems strange to me. You obviously have better access to our club then most of the supporters on here. You have the normal shareholder channels and the ADG.

Are you canvassing opinion to take to our club? Or maybe an outside body to air your grievances?

Plus the fact this is an anonymous message board so you can never be sure of what you read. For instance I have noticed that even if a 'season ticket holder' throws his ticket in one season he can miraculously have it back again to throw in the next.

5 hours ago, GMF said:

Branston, I can't find the original emails, but, from memory, there was at least a two week window (maybe longer) for parties to first register an expression of interest, which also included the option to provide an indication on their likely investments. That was before the the buying window actually opened for those who had already previously expressed an interest. Everyone had an equal chance (just as it should be in my opinion) to do their research, make their decisions and get organised to make a purchase, if that's what they wanted to do. No one could have predicted how successful the bond issue was going to be, nor that the Club would be promoted just twelve months later. I'm afraid therefore, that I have very little empathy for the "I was on holiday" brigade.  

Yes and no - I did everything in good time and missed out, but it’s just one of those things, I’m a long way from being bothered, it happens when things are oversubscribed.  But it had nothing at all to do with ‘not being bothered to get off my backside’ which was your initial assertion.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

Come on TIL. I am trying to work out whether you are PC plod or fraud squad material. How would you balance the interpretation of `for life', 'encourage to retain' and 'transferability' in a death and inheritance situation?

I am really struggling to understand why you have brought your agenda to this forum seeking support unless of course you have tried other channels and did not get the response you required or thought you might get.

Edited by TIL 1010

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Essex, why are you canvassing the pink un for views of loyal supporters and what do you intend to do with those views?

It all seems strange to me. You obviously have better access to our club then most of the supporters on here. You have the normal shareholder channels and the ADG.

Are you canvassing opinion to take to our club? Or maybe an outside body to air your grievances?

Plus the fact this is an anonymous message board so you can never be sure of what you read. For instance I have noticed that even if a 'season ticket holder' throws his ticket in one season he can miraculously have it back again to throw in the next.

Thanks Nigel. I guess I was just looking for a 'citizens jury' verdict upon something which is admittedly ambiguous albeit that any views could only be interpreted by supporting comments. Equally no problem if it isn't a good idea.

Given that the Club do give away Home Memberships for 1 share, perhaps the best thing to do for anyone who inherits 1,000 of them with no benefits would be to sell them for £50 each such that the new owners would get £35 value each from the Club. Club cost £35,000 per annum - much greater cost for NCFC than keeping the seat in-place.   

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am really struggling to understand why you have brought your agenda to this forum seeking support unless of course you have tried other channels and did not get the response you required or thought you might get.

Correct on the latter point. See my response to Nigel.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Correct on the latter point.

These other channels i was alluding to were obviously the ADG for one which must beg the question why they did not support your views ?

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

These other channels i was alluding to were obviously the ADG for one which must beg the question why they did not support your views ?

Answer: Because they shy away from anything controversial. Publicly available report attached. I wasn't clear about the 1 share entitlement until after my departure from the ADG. 

Ombudsman Final Report.pdf

I get confused Essex. You seem to be complaining about so many things it's difficult to know which one you are focussing on in which message.

The bond? I can't support you on that simply because I registered, managed to come up with £500 and invested. Then when I went to various get togethers for bond holders I saw a lot of people I see at games and at forums etc. Now I know some people did miss out. But I would say the majority on here said they would not be investing. Some also said that the bonus would never be paid. More likely that we would be relegated and lose everything.

Why didn't you partake in the Canaries Bond?

If it's about you not being paid a bonus on something you bought in 2002 that never offered a bonus then I don't see any relevance.

Then it seems to be about other individuals on the board who you insinuate are dishonest. Or Steve Stone and the same insinuation. I would have thought if that was the case other ADG would have backed you. Is Alan Bowkett still on the ADG?

But even if I agreed with you I don't see what earthly use I would be. Would you really go somewhere else and say - The ADG won't back me, the football ombudsman won't back me but there's a bog cleaner called nutty nigel on the pink un who thinks I'm hard done by...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

Answer: Because they shy away from anything controversial. Publicly available report attached. I wasn't clear about the 1 share entitlement until after my departure from the ADG. 

Ombudsman Final Report.pdf 183.39 kB · 0 downloads

I had already been made aware of all that. Norwich may well be a large city but in other respects it is more like a village.

Edited by TIL 1010

That's an interesting read  from the Independent Football Ombudsman.

He's basically reaffirmed that the 2002 share offer document was clear - any subscriber benefits were personal to the subscriber and the Club were therefore right in denying the inheritor of an AD's shares the right to his seat for no ongoing charge.

The ombudsman also confirmed that AD's were not entitled to free away memberships - they did not exist at the time of the original share offer.

That's a pretty comprehensive endorsement of the club's actions and begs the question, why is this even being debated on here?

15 hours ago, essex canary said:

Thanks Nigel. I guess I was just looking for a 'citizens jury' verdict upon something which is admittedly ambiguous albeit that any views could only be interpreted by supporting comments. Equally no problem if it isn't a good idea.

Given that the Club do give away Home Memberships for 1 share, perhaps the best thing to do for anyone who inherits 1,000 of them with no benefits would be to sell them for £50 each such that the new owners would get £35 value each from the Club. Club cost £35,000 per annum - much greater cost for NCFC than keeping the seat in-place.   

Essex, if the IFO has reaffirmed that the original subscriber benefits were personal and therefore not transferable, your above suggestion that you could sell your shares with the benefit of an ongoing entitlement to free membership, is misleading to any potential purchasers - do you really think that you should be doing this? 

19 minutes ago, GMF said:

Essex, if the IFO has reaffirmed that the original subscriber benefits were personal and therefore not transferable, your above suggestion that you could sell your shares with the benefit of an ongoing entitlement to free membership, is misleading to any potential purchasers - do you really think that you should be doing this? 

Yep, what the hell is actually Ethics Canarys gripe?. Was he hoodwinked  by the Club , misled perhaps? Did he not read the small print?

Are we not bemused? Answers on a postcard to 

Ethics Canary, 13 Gripe st. , Unsubstantiated insunuationtown,  Boringland. The World( is against me).

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Having trouble checking my bank account, have they stopped taking direct debits for next season ?

mine havent stopped, last one taken on 30/4.

havent had my Man Utd tickets refunded yet and havent received letter from club re season ticket refunds

The process of rebates commences on June 1st which is still 11 days away so i suspect the letters will be landing on doormats sometime next week.

Thought they might have done the Man U refunds by now.  I am sure they will get to it, just confirming to others that I have still not had it. 

54 minutes ago, Ren said:

Thought they might have done the Man U refunds by now.  I am sure they will get to it, just confirming to others that I have still not had it. 

Had mine last week.