Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Full refund scheme - Get your donations in

Should have been an option 4. Put the money towards expanding the ground. 

Surely with no football there for at least a year  its the ideal time to do it with minimal disruption! 

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

Surely with no football there for at least a year  its the ideal time to do it with minimal disruption! 

Will expansion be required after a year of this because my feeling is that the way the authorities and Sky are dealing with this some people will have had enough of the professional game and may well spend their time supporting grass roots football ?

• Like 2

It all seems fair enough to me and not more we could have asked the club to do. I shall be asking for my full rebate on the 1st June.

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Will expansion be required after a year of this because my feeling is that the way the authorities and Sky are dealing with this some people will have had enough of the professional game and may well spend their time supporting grass roots football ?

Thinking that very thing... 

32 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Another option would have been to pay towards legal costs. That would have made the Daily Heil😂😂

But you will be indirectly as it all comes from the same pot, well the academy certainly does. That's the beauty of the scheme.

If the home membership scheme wasn't not seen as a money making scheme by the club by offering membership to anyone interested and 10,000 members stumped up their £50.  Enabling me to get tickets for only 4 games for last season and none for my daughter.  The £50 charge was excessive and will come back to haunt the club.  I will be seeking my rebate because of the club's greed.  The plastics among the new members will also want a rebate.

Could this be automated?

Press 1 to claim your refund

Press 2 to donate it to the CSF

Press 3 to donate it to the academy

Press 4 to claim half back and donate half to the CSF

Press 5 to claim half back and donate half to the academy

Press 6 to donate half to the academy and half to the CSF

Press 7 to donate to a fund for the stadium

Press 8 to claim half back and donate half to a fund for the stadium

Press 9 to donate half to a fund for the stadium  and donate half to the CSF...

Looks like we need a bigger keyboard😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

On here Kingo?

The only way people know what others are doing with their money is if they post that information on here. I haven't seen anyone make a point about not taking the refund but I have seen posts where people make a point about taking it.

indeed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you may also see some nerves from people about going into packed stadiums with 20,000+ other people that may hit crowd numbers.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

indeed

Facebook?

I see there's even more posts making points about not taking it. Not seen any about taking it. Seems you were concerned about the wrong thing🙃

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think you may also see some nerves from people about going into packed stadiums with 20,000+ other people that may hit crowd numbers.

Vulnerable people may have a choice to make. It's so unfair when often football is a massive part of their lives. At least our club and partners do what they can. But how do you make up for not going to games?

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Facebook?

I see there's even more posts making points about not taking it. Not seen any about taking it. Seems you were concerned about the wrong thing🙃

i think the main difference is nobody is suggesting people not taking it are in the wrong, where as the OP of that thread was suggesting people who wanted a refund were...

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

i think the main difference is nobody is suggesting people not taking it are in the wrong, where as the OP of that thread was suggesting people who wanted a refund were...

That's Facebook. 

I wonder if it's different? I wonder if someone posted just as forcefully why they were donating theirs if it would be viewed as insinuating? 

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Could this be automated?

Press 1 to claim your refund

Press 2 to donate it to the CSF

Press 3 to donate it to the academy

Press 4 to claim half back and donate half to the CSF

Press 5 to claim half back and donate half to the academy

Press 6 to donate half to the academy and half to the CSF

Press 7 to donate to a fund for the stadium

Press 8 to claim half back and donate half to a fund for the stadium

Press 9 to donate half to a fund for the stadium  and donate half to the CSF...

Looks like we need a bigger keyboard😕

You forgot to press 0 if you wish to speak to an adviser.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Or a nice new cycling shirt

3C175E83-79A2-4EA3-9065-F1E229A546F2.png

If I saw that cycling along the B1145 I might not be able to steer around it in my Bentley.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

They've all been Bryan Thurlowed....

Edited by nutty nigel

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's Facebook. 

I wonder if it's different? I wonder if someone posted just as forcefully why they were donating theirs if it would be viewed as insinuating? 

No it isn't facebook though is it?

Have you read the post?

The first post is someone on here saying others should pile into someone for wanting to know if he can get a refund.

There is no insinuating about it really.

I'm yet to see an equivalent post stating people who don't claim their refunds should be laid into. 

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

Whats your problem, you can get your money back on or after june 1st.

as for paying for next years ticket NCFC are not the only club that have already taken money for next season and I am sure that if next season doesnt happen you will get your money back, alternatively contact the club and stop paying NOW...The Club are handling this well

Think you have misunderstood, I have no issues with club.

53 minutes ago, king canary said:

No it isn't facebook though is it?

Have you read the post?

The first post is someone on here saying others should pile into someone for wanting to know if he can get a refund.

There is no insinuating about it really.

I'm yet to see an equivalent post stating people who don't claim their refunds should be laid into. 

That link doesn't work for me Kingo.

Are you referring to Dylan's post?

Ok Kingo. I found it. 

It's hardly insinuating. It couldn't be more direct. It wasn't supported by anyone unless they went to Facebook and piled in. 

Probably best to let Facebook stay on Facebook.

I've still not seen any posts making points about donating the rebates. Does that mean they are all being claimed or do people prefer to keep it to themselves. Is there an opposite label to virtue signalling?

6 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Suspect coronavirus will free up quite a few seats by the time a vaccine arrives, unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

. Is there an opposite label to virtue signalling?

Just looked it up...... the best the interweb can come up with is Vice Signalling.

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Just looked it up...... the best the interweb can come up with is Vice Signalling.

Interesting. From what I read it's possible to do both. For instance if you loudly supported nurses pay being pegged back you'd be vice signalling. Then if you started clapping on a Thursday saying they're worth their weight in gold you'd be virtue signalling. But surely nobody could be that hypocritical. Could they?

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wonder what essex canary is making of all this ?

Hi TIL. Some credit where it is due, the travel industry after all is probably holding onto people's money for longer. It would nonetheless have been good form to have thrown in the towel completely on the away members scheme which may have earned them a little more goodwill in terms of season ticket monies being donated to the Academy and CSF. I think it would also be good form for all Directors and Executive Team members to publicly announce that they are donating their bond bonuses back to the Academy or CSF 'pour encourage les autres'.

Interesting in terms of our earlier discussion to see the difference between the £3.5 million and the £9 million. I think I will go with about £1.5 million ticket income re casual tickets not yet sold for outstanding matches making around £5 million ticket income including commercials for the six matches plus then £2 million for other commercial activity on the day (pies, pints, programmes, club shop etc) making around £7million in total nearly £1.2 million per matchday. That leaves another £2million which I accept the Club has probably lost due to summer concerts, Office Accommodation, Delia's, Club Shop non matchday etc. Just that the last bit isn't matchday related.  

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Press 10 to replenish the drinks cabinet and fuel the plane for away matches.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Hi TIL. Some credit where it is due, the travel industry after all is probably holding onto people's money for longer. It would nonetheless have been good form to have thrown in the towel completely on the away members scheme which may have earned them a little more goodwill in terms of season ticket monies being donated to the Academy and CSF. I think it would also be good form for all Directors and Executive Team members to publicly announce that they are donating their bond bonuses back to the Academy or CSF 'pour encourage les autres'.

Interesting in terms of our earlier discussion to see the difference between the £3.5 million and the £9 million. I think I will go with about £1.5 million ticket income re casual tickets not yet sold for outstanding matches making around £5 million ticket income including commercials for the six matches plus then £2 million for other commercial activity on the day (pies, pints, programmes, club shop etc) making around £7million in total nearly £1.2 million per matchday. That leaves another £2million which I accept the Club has probably lost due to summer concerts, Office Accommodation, Delia's, Club Shop non matchday etc. Just that the last bit isn't matchday related.  

You're a rum 'un Essex🙃

You have no idea what other people do with their money. You don't know what bond holders did with their bonus. And you never will know.

Just like people on here won't know what other posters are doing with their refunds. The only ones we know are the ones informing us they're taking the refund. But then a lot of the comments on this are from people who have no refund to decide what to do with.

It's futile worrying about other people's money. And even more futile to let it affect what you do with yours.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

You're a rum 'un Essex🙃

You have no idea what other people do with their money. You don't know what bond holders did with their bonus. And you never will know.

Just like people on here won't know what other posters are doing with their refunds. The only ones we know are the ones informing us they're taking the refund. But then a lot of the comments on this are from people who have no refund to decide what to do with.

It's futile worrying about other people's money. And even more futile to let it affect what you do with yours.

Nigel. I take your point in general that is of no consequence what people do with their money when they have legitimately received it.

Nonetheless I think when you are a Company Director you need to proceed very wearily when you are party to approving an investment initiative in which you subsequently partake yourself. There are some very complicated clauses in the Companies Act section 994 etc that cover this sort of thing. The level of complication makes it very difficult to prove or disapprove anything but those of us of a squeaky clean disposition  like to take extra precautions to make sure we are on the right side.  Then, of course, there is the general point of business is booming one minute I will take some reward then next minute ....uh,oh.

I had a bet on us to win the Championship last season and of course I took my money. Then again I don't care if my bookmaker goes bust, I will just go to a different bookmaker next time. I hope the Clubs directors look at the Club a little differently to that.

• Confused 1