Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Full refund scheme - Get your donations in

Club confirm details on season ticket and membership rebates

Norwich City Football Club can now confirm details of the rebate options available for 2019-20 season ticket holders and members.

On Monday the club made the decision to begin the rebate process, after the government confirmed that owing to the current COVID-19 pandemic that no professional sport, even behind closed doors, will take place in the UK until June 1, at the earliest.

Following a significant response and further feedback from supporters, the club can confirm that three options will be made available for 2019-20 season ticket holders and members to claim or donate their pro-rata rebate.

Rebate%20Options%20V2%20-%20433.jpg

Option one: Pro-rata refund

All 2019-20 season ticket holders and members are entitled to a full pro-rata refund based on the remaining 2019-20 fixtures that these fans are unable to attend. 

Option two: Support the academy

Fans have the option to donate their pro-rata rebate to the club’s academy. The club have seen significant growth in academy productivity in recent seasons, with several youth players breaking through into the first team. Donating rebates to the club’s academy will further help development in this area.

Option three: Help the club’s Community Sports Foundation 

The club’s official charity, the Community Sports Foundation, is facing significant potential losses of income in the region of £500k due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Fans can donate rebates to the Foundation to help sustain their vital community work. The Foundation will also be able to claim Gift Aid, increasing each fan donation by 25 percent.

How to claim a rebate 

All 2019-20 season ticket holders and members will be sent a letter by post which confirms the rebate amount they are entitled to and a reminder of how to claim. Supporters will also be sent an email with these details. Please visit tickets.canaries.co.uk to ensure personal details are up to date.

Supporters can then claim their refund from 9am on Monday 1 June by completing the rebate application at canaries.co.uk/rebate. Supporters will be asked to select their rebate of choice, then prompted to visit tickets.canaries.co.uk to ensure personal details are fully up to date.

Supporters will have until Tuesday 30 June to complete this process and select their rebate option.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not quite the “we’re in trouble, get the begging bowl out” but not far off.

Giving to the CSF is not begging.  Giving to the Academy is helping protect the future of the club.

I wonder how many will donate.  Presumably people bought their memberships and season tickets because they could afford them - and it is not the club's fault this has happened and that the CSF is losing  income too....it's a charity and what a great cause to donate to.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Giving to the CSF is not begging.  Giving to the Academy is helping protect the future of the club.

I wonder how many will donate.  Presumably people bought their memberships and season tickets because they could afford them - and it is not the club's fault this has happened and that the CSF is losing a income too....it's a charity and what a great cause to donate to.

Agreed.

I've been reading the other from when the rebates were announced yesterday and I can't work out what's actually wrong with people? Why are so many looking for a way to attack the club regarding rebates? Are some fans just not happy unless they have something to moan about?

Donations were always going to be an option and, frankly, the academy and the CSF are pretty decent options.

The communications also go on to clearly lay out the process for getting your rebate at the earliest opportunity.

I don't know what else people want the club to do in this situation.

• Like 1

No complaints with how the club are dealing with this. Is there an option to do some and some, i.e. take some of the rebate but donate the remainder? Two excellent causes.

I guess there is nothing to stop non members and season ticket holders donating too? Judging from the matchday threads there always seemed to be plenty of supporters following the games on streams etc.

Edited by Capt. Pants

It's full personal choice yet some will still complain.

You can do what you want including supporting the CSF and/or any other charity/charities with all or any part of the refund.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You can do what you want including supporting the CSF and/or any other charity/charities with all or any part of the refund.

I wonder whether some posters reading and posting on these rebate threads realise that those watching from the sofa on a dodgy stream have nothing to come back ?

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wonder whether some posters reading and posting on these rebate threads realise that those watching from the sofa on a dodgy stream have nothing to come back ?

We should have a collection for them.😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

We should have a collection for them.😉

Those that it applies to could put it towards a new bike. 😛

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

It’s a pity there’s not a 50:50 option - I’d happily give over some of the money owed, but all told it’s likely to be around £200 for me and my lad and I’d not really want to give it all up. 

I guess CSF is a charity so can get the refund and donate directly? 

Edited by Branston Pickle

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well I would hope the club had the decency to email them informing them of the choices other people had.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

It’s a pity there’s not a 50:50 option - I’d happily give over some of the money owed, but all told it’s likely to be around £200 for me and my lad and I’d not really want to give it all up. 

There is. After you take the refund you can spend it as you like.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I wonder how many will donate.  Presumably people bought their memberships and season tickets because they could afford them - and it is not the club's fault this has happened and that the CSF is losing  income too....it's a charity and what a great cause to donate to.

So as a non season ticket holder will you be donating £400 ( that’s our 3 season tickets ) ? Thought not !

Also unlike every other EPL club we are also currently paying for next years season ticket, something that probably isn’t even going to happen in front of supporters. As I mentioned before I happily gave up my league 1 rebate, this time is different, 1. I am on 80% salary, 2. I feel football should be helping over the next months not playing ( ie their tests and PPE should be given up to protect our nurses and carers ) 3. Why are our players, coaches, directors etc not taking pay cuts, but asking us to subsidise other things where people are furloughed.

• Like 2

The club have handled this well.

There may well be a bit more nudging as we get nearer 1st June but you can't hear the begging bowl rattling nearly as loudly as it did in 2009. At that time you were made to feel as though you couldn't possibly be a Norwich supporter if you took your rebate.

Of course our financial position now is light years from what it was then so it would look a bit embarrassing to play the ' we're skint' card this time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Agreed, but I would have been much happier if option 4 was use Carrow Road like Watford and Vicarage Road and give some of your money to subsidise that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Agreed, and I think more would take that option if there is an automatic process.

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes you can donate directly to CSF if you wish

I like the occasional moan but I am struggling to find anything to moan about with the exception of why wait until 1/6/20 

36 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So as a non season ticket holder will you be donating £400 ( that’s our 3 season tickets ) ? Thought not !

Also unlike every other EPL club we are also currently paying for next years season ticket, something that probably isn’t even going to happen in front of supporters. As I mentioned before I happily gave up my league 1 rebate, this time is different, 1. I am on 80% salary, 2. I feel football should be helping over the next months not playing ( ie their tests and PPE should be given up to protect our nurses and carers ) 3. Why are our players, coaches, directors etc not taking pay cuts, but asking us to subsidise other things where people are furloughed.

It's for everyone to decide what they do, there is no right or wrong.  Blaming the club and others shouldn't come into it - the situation isn't their fault anymore than it is yours. 

Anyhow, what they are suggesting is not a big deal - theatres and venues up and down the land are asking people to consider not taking refunds for tickets bought so as to show support for those venues for who it is going to be a struggle to keep finances straight.  So what the club are doing is perfectly reasonable and only what many other good organisations are doing - better really, because one of the options is a charity.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Whats your problem, you can get your money back on or after june 1st.

as for paying for next years ticket NCFC are not the only club that have already taken money for next season and I am sure that if next season doesnt happen you will get your money back, alternatively contact the club and stop paying NOW...The Club are handling this well

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's for everyone to decide what they do, there is no right or wrong.  Blaming the club and others shouldn't come into it - the situation isn't their fault anymore than it is yours. 

Anyhow, what they are suggesting is not a big deal - theatres and venues up and down the land are asking people to consider not taking refunds for tickets bought so as to show support for those venues for who it is going to be a struggle to keep finances straight.  So what the club are doing is perfectly reasonable and only what many other good organisations are doing - better really, because one of the options is a charity.

Are you reading something i am not Lakey as i do not find criticism of the club for how they are going about this except for a bit of lighthearted banter about the comparison with 2009 ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The club have handled this well.

There may well be a bit more nudging as we get nearer 1st June but you can't hear the begging bowl rattling nearly as loudly as it did in 2009. At that time you were made to feel as though you couldn't possibly be a Norwich supporter if you took your rebate.

Of course our financial position now is light years from what it was then so it would look a bit embarrassing to play the ' we're skint' card this time.

Agree.

I think it was crucial to avoid a similar situation as we had in 2009 and the club have been sensible enough with it. I'm just hoping fans do the same- ie no criticism or insinuations of moral superiority for taking the refund. 

Just now, king canary said:

Agree.

I think it was crucial to avoid a similar situation as we had in 2009 and the club have been sensible enough with it. I'm just hoping fans do the same- ie no criticism or insinuations of moral superiority for taking the refund. 

Haven't seen that to be fair Kingo. All I've seen is criticism for giving the choice.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Haven't seen that to be fair Kingo. All I've seen is criticism for giving the choice.

Before this even came up there was a thread started criticizing someone for asking about refunds on the facebook group. Luckily seemed to be alone in that opinion.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Those that it applies to could put it towards a new bike. 😛

Or a nice new cycling shirt

3C175E83-79A2-4EA3-9065-F1E229A546F2.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Before this even came up there was a thread started criticizing someone for asking about refunds on the facebook group. Luckily seemed to be alone in that opinion.

On here Kingo?

The only way people know what others are doing with their money is if they post that information on here. I haven't seen anyone make a point about not taking the refund but I have seen posts where people make a point about taking it.