Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Turn your face after being tackled

This is starting to get very silly now 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8313191/amp/Players-told-turn-faces-away-tackled-Project-Restart-briefing.html

I suggest that man to man marking at corners be banned in favour of zonal marking. 

And the goalkeeper is only allowed out of the 6 yard box if he's going to make a save. 

Sorted. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Maybe if all these men in suits lead by example, don some boots and have a game of football, I might be prepared to listen to their utter nonsense. 

This is becoming grotesque. If the Mail article is accurate, thankfully  the managers have it within their power to put a stop to this nonsense. They surely will do.

44 minutes ago, Pugin said:

This is becoming grotesque. If the Mail article is accurate, thankfully  the managers have it within their power to put a stop to this nonsense. They surely will do.

Well that would be a first.

46 minutes ago, Pugin said:

No chance. They just want money for their clubs. If additional rules are brought in to enhance player safety - win win. Prize assets are protected.

I'm afraid that ethics do not seem to exist in the world of football.  I want the season's games to be finished, but not under these circumstances, behind closed doors and risking their health and possibly careers.  Seems totally wrong, but then the whole of the PL is based on the accumulation of wealth, not health. 

With this, they are risking much more than players' health, they are risking pushing people's acceptance of the ethos of the PL beyond the limit.   Money is one thing and people can at least understand finances, health is something else and people will not accept that being put so openly and blatantly put at risk.  And even if players go along with all this, it would only take one player to get seriously ill for them to say enough is enough and bring the pack of cards down.  It's like playing a lottery with their health. 

If the players have any sense they will call this out for the folly it is....trouble is, they stand to lose so much money if the games aren't completed, so they will be conflicted too...money or health.....that is the question they have to answer themselves.

That is a dumb idea. You make a tackle and you have to turn away and not see where the ball is going? 

When are they going to get in in their thick heads that project restart is the stupidest idea since jar jar bunks!? 

• Haha 1

Where do the insurance companies stand? Seems to me that if a player spits on the grass out of habit and a speck ends up on a multi million pounds asset that the response from the insurer might well be: "not my problem Mr Zillionaire player owner. You put him there."!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I'm afraid that ethics do not seem to exist in the world of football.  I want the season's games to be finished, but not under these circumstances, behind closed doors and risking their health and possibly careers.  Seems totally wrong, but then the whole of the PL is based on the accumulation of wealth, not health. 

With this, they are risking much more than players' health, they are risking pushing people's acceptance of the ethos of the PL beyond the limit.   Money is one thing and people can at least understand finances, health is something else and people will not accept that being put so openly and blatantly put at risk.  And even if players go along with all this, it would only take one player to get seriously ill for them to say enough is enough and bring the pack of cards down.  It's like playing a lottery with their health. 

If the players have any sense they will call this out for the folly it is....trouble is, they stand to lose so much money if the games aren't completed, so they will be conflicted too...money or health.....that is the question they have to answer themselves.

Yes, the players will I assume face a choice between playing on or having to take pay cuts due to the monies that will be lost if they refuse. 

If you are two nil down with 5 mins to play do you "accidentally" sneeze at a player taking a throw in leaving the referee no option than to call the game off. Most businesses will suffer far more than football which has been in a financial shambles for years as in most cases it continues to persist in paying out more than it earns. Call the season off !!!!

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Did she spit?

.....nah, only roasted......