Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

The players won't stand for Project Restart

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Until a vaccine is found anybody that goes to work could potentially be in danger. Yikes.

Should we all stay at home until then?

Do we mothball football until a vaccine is found, just to be on the safe side?

Or maybe just until the season is null and void......aye that's it isn't it. 

 

I think that people should be responsible and not do unnecessary things. If not for themselves then for others. To my point of view inventing a new way of playing football is unnecessary. 

You obviously think it's necessary. Why?

And again. I don't care what the outcome is. And if the whole gravy train goes bust I believe we will be in a better place when the dust settles.

Edited by nutty nigel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Orly said:

Are you implying that the premier league club doctors are not on board with the restart?  Which ones if so?  Also, you didn't provide a quote to a specific player, nor that player referencing a specific doctor (neither did I, to be fair, but I wasn't quoting a specific player, merely talking in generalities about players spouting nonsense and conveniently forgetting that many ordinary people are going to work every day to keep the country going).

And John Ruddy didn't influence my opinion.  I merely agree with his, and more philosophically, with the stoic nature of his argument to resume.  

Anyways.  Am not here to argue, was merely tired of reading the echo chamber that this board was turning into.  Have stated my points satisfactorily and am now going to scoot off.

Everybody have a pleasant day, keep calm, stay safe and carry on (with reasonable precautions)!

 

I think a true Stoic would say one should be stoic in the face only of something that had to be endured. Not sure that is the case here.

Edited by PurpleCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Cyan said:

 

I don't care if they play or not. If anything PPG suits best. Me saying poor loves doesn't actually change that.

And I assume that with you being so worried about the players health you won't care if the season is stopped right now and they use PPG to decide final places. I mean as long as the players are all ok that's all that matters right?

Happy for them to end the season and void it. Play the season again just like they do if a match is abandoned after 70 minutes. Assume you are the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve a feeling this Leeds supporter isn’t getting the bites he’s after...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And again. I don't care what the outcome is. And if the whole gravy train goes bust I believe we will be in a better place when the dust settles.

Out of interest, who do you mean by we? Norwich or football fans in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JF said:

I’ve a feeling this Leeds supporter isn’t getting the bites he’s after...

Hes winding himself up more than others.

It's like having a Leeds version of.......no I I can't say it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, king canary said:

Out of interest, who do you mean by we? Norwich or football fans in general?

I mean football as a sport. In my view. Of course it may not suit others.

What do you think Kingo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Happy for them to end the season and void it. Play the season again just like they do if a match is abandoned after 70 minutes. Assume you are the same?

Na

 PPG for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Cyan said:

Na

 PPG for me

So you don't want the games played now? 

What about the money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I mean football as a sport. In my view. Of course it may not suit others.

What do you think Kingo?

I totally agree.

I mentioned in another thread that is due some form of financial apocalypse to basically reset the sport. Didn't expect it to look like this though.

Only issue is I don't really trust the authorities and the clubs to employ and stick to sensible measures for the good of the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So you don't want the games played now? 

What about the money?

Ideally I'd like the games played, the season completed when it's safe to do so. 

But if they can't finish then it's PPG for me. None of this null and void folderol. Can't have you lot being rewarded for failure now can we. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, king canary said:

I totally agree.

I mentioned in another thread that is due some form of financial apocalypse to basically reset the sport. Didn't expect it to look like this though.

Only issue is I don't really trust the authorities and the clubs to employ and stick to sensible measures for the good of the game.

They won't.

I suspect its more likely that the big 6 push through a euro super league and that's where Sky end up pumping them money in long term.

And when I said big 6, i didn't mean Leeds Cyan 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

They won't.

I suspect its more likely that the big 6 push through a euro super league and that's where Sky end up pumping them money in long term.

And when I said big 6, i didn't mean Leeds Cyan 😉

I'm not convinced a super league would be that much of a disaster.

It depends how willing fans of smaller clubs are to trade off quality for competitiveness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Ideally I'd like the games played, the season completed when it's safe to do so. 

But if they can't finish then it's PPG for me. None of this null and void folderol. Can't have you lot being rewarded for failure now can we. 

Rule C14 "the bottom three clubs in the table at the end of the season will be relegated"

The season hasn't ended so the EPL would be in breach of its own rules if it tried to relegate anyone. 

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Ideally I'd like the games played, the season completed when it's safe to do so. 

But if they can't finish then it's PPG for me. None of this null and void folderol. Can't have you lot being rewarded for failure now can we. 

And I'm sure you'd say the same if Leeds were in our position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Rule C14 "the bottom three clubs in the table at the end of the season will be relegated"

The season hasn't ended so the EPL would be in breach of its own rules if it tried to relegate anyone. 

You keep telling yourself that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Cyan, the best thing about being in the PL is season that you get promoted to it, and all that comes with that. He’s waited all these many, many, many, MANY years to see Leeds promoted and now that promotion will be an absolute non event that can’t even be celebrated! What’s more is after finally reaching the PL after all those years and previous failures they won’t even be able to watch the games next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cyan said:

You keep telling yourself that. 

I dont need to, you are the one that seems to be worrying about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, king canary said:
1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I dont need to, you are the one that seems to be worrying about it.

I'

Eh? I'm worried about rule C14? You mentioned it, never even crossed my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm not convinced a super league would be that much of a disaster.

It depends how willing fans of smaller clubs are to trade off quality for competitiveness. 

I think it would be for the better of football.

Let's be honest, the PL is only about the big 6, they get all the coverage, they get most of the live games.

Yes the money would disappear but it would stop this crazy divide between PL and the EFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cyan said:

Eh? I'm worried about rule C14? You mentioned it, never even crossed my mind. 

Now you've mentioned it again, cant get it off your mind it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JF said:

Poor Cyan, the best thing about being in the PL is season that you get promoted to it, and all that comes with that. He’s waited all these many, many, many, MANY years to see Leeds promoted and now that promotion will be an absolute non event that can’t even be celebrated! What’s more is after finally reaching the PL after all those years and previous failures they won’t even be able to watch the games next season. 

And will always be known as the team that didn't actually earn the right to be there.

No wonder they're all happy, had the season finished as normal they'd have fallen apart as usual and failed again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

And will always be known as the team that didn't actually earn the right to be there.

No wonder they're all happy, had the season finished as normal they'd have fallen apart as usual and failed again.

Imagine being known as the team that hadn't earned the right to be there. Why I think I would never live down the ignominy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I doubt if a month, or three weeks really, will be enough. No-one is going to come up with anything that can make playing football safe in a month.

Correct, and even if the situation improves a bit they will still be playing in empty stadiums - what on earth is the point in that.

The only time I remember that was the 70s (80s?) when it was a punishment meted out to clubs for appalling crowd behaviour, and even then only very rarely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cyan said:

Imagine being known as the team that hadn't earned the right to be there. Why I think I would never live down the ignominy. 

And there we have it, that's a massive word for a Leeds fan to use, you sure you're really a Leeds fan 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

They won't.

I suspect its more likely that the big 6 push through a euro super league and that's where Sky end up pumping them money in long term.

And when I said big 6, i didn't mean Leeds Cyan 😉

I think that would be an entirely good thing for the rest of football - cut the big 6 off completely in a Euro super league, no promotion or relegation and no entry into any of our cup competitions (and they can take VAR with them as well).

As you say that would probably suit Sky so we get shot of two sets of b@stards in one go - the ESL will be as dull as ditchwater but at least the rest of us get to enjoy some decent football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think that would be an entirely good thing for the rest of football - cut the big 6 off completely in a Euro super league, no promotion or relegation and no entry into any of our cup competitions (and they can take VAR with them as well).

As you say that would probably suit Sky so we get shot of two sets of b@stards in one go - the ESL will be as dull as ditchwater but at least the rest of us get to enjoy some decent football.

AB SO BLOOMING LUTELY

And I wouldn't bet against that being discussed. There are some big clubs set to lose out with not playing ie Arsenal and Tottenham as a PPG completion really stuffs them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Imagine being known as the team that hadn't earned the right to be there. Why I think I would never live down the ignominy. 

So unless the Championship clubs complete their season then they won’t have earned the right to be there presumably? Didn’t you have more points at the same stage last season as when the fixtures were stopped this season, how did that work out?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting towards middle of May now...today well over 600 more deaths reported in  UK and thousands more new cases...and thats only official deaths..and with  the supposed softening or easing of restrictions slightly, a good chance of  more cases and deaths on the way in the coming weeks..these are the things that govern what the Government will allow / not allow concerning easing or tightening the lockdown..also with relation to what will be allowed for sport, including football next month and beyond.

The football authorities may want this or that or whatever but ultimately its how the whole nation uphold or not uphold the guidances set down by the government that will allow how much more damage the virus is capable of doing...which ebbs and flows  on the tide of human contact..that will have a big bearing what football can or cannot do in the coming weeks and months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...