Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

The players won't stand for Project Restart

If the players are looking for an example they just need to use tennis.

You have to use one set of balls and only the person who brought them can touch then with their hands.

Maybe a new rule would be a toss up to decide whose balls are going to be used to gain an advantage 

I could resume playing Golf but I cannot really see much point just now. The restrictions seem to make the main purpose of the game irrelevant. If I have to walk round worrying whether I am doing the right thing, it will take any enjoyment out of of the game.

Shows just how far Leeds have really fallen in that they're posting on a Norwich forum crying cos they might not get promoted. Again.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

err..... things that I pointed out some weeks back would be what determined this

to be met by over excited bleats about integrity, and that the season such be voided

the pressure on players will be the same as on the poor beggars herded into over crowded buses, trains and work spaces

and fans whining now about a money making monster should stop and ask themselves at what point did they object to that 'monster' being created

as it's a bit late now to be griping

Me for one and also have always tried to do as much as i could personally not to help feed into the money making monster, by never ever, since day one of Sky, giving them a brass cent  for any subscription of their's, or any other service to like BT. Also by being a fan of our local team they are at least as possible a self funding model without super rich owners.

If the EPL does go ahead in June, even July, with social distancing still at the fore, then i for one will not be watching or even be interested in behind closed door games, even thou  it will involve  NCFC.

Professor Van-Tam has been listening to the players and managers and appears to be kicking the ball further down the road in this afternoon's briefing.  He talked about one step at a time and confirmed that the training protocols have not yet been agreed, and that until that happens they cannot even think about resumption of playing. Unfortunately I cannot attach the video clip for reasons of size (its, not mine). Do not believe the Sky party line!

Sky are being hoist on the Government's petard of involving health professionals in the briefings. Huzzah!

Edited by Pugin
  • Like 1

On 14/05/2020 at 11:56, Bill said:

really  ?

what evidence is there of that ?

Do you think the evidence is slowly coming to light, Bill? People like Allardyce are on the inside and know exactly what players are thinking. 

On 13/05/2020 at 02:43, Cyan said:

Clearly. And it will really grind the gears of so many Leeds haters. Beautiful. 

or

other football fans as they like to be known

and I am not so sure that being the Eddie the Eagle of football is 'grinding any gears', any more than it is watching Norman Wisdom

ps any reason why you joined a bit back and have only now posted ?

So glad this is gathering pace. Ian Holloway has just slaughtered the PFA on TalkSport because of the negligent way in which they are representing players. Darren Bent made the point that players are prepared to forgo wages in order to stay safe. I know this to be the case. It's about individuals and their nearest and dearest staying healthy. A few brave players have said what hundreds of their colleagues believe.

Let me put it this way - the Government and the professional classes are well into their rugby. If Rugby Union started ignoring social distancing in training, then footballers would happily do the same. But rugby players won't - they have far to manny Doctors, surgeons and lawyers in their ranks. They know.