Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

The players won't stand for Project Restart

The thing is if there is a solution that doesn’t keep us in the premier league next season I presume our lawyers could make merry

a decent QC giving an opinion now would getting them to null and void the season 

6 hours ago, Cyan said:

Oh so salty. And we are the bitter ones 🤔

Na f the games are played out we will secure promotion. Not without some drama no doubt but we will get there. Due to play Fulham at home. A draw, maintain the points gap and we'd be almost home. That isn't arrogance just belief.

If the games are played out Norwich will be relegated. A wonderfully memorable little trip into the EPL the rest of the division will be sad to see you go. The noise, the glamour, the atmosphere that the NCFC fans bring on away trips will be much missed I'm sure. 

Hopefully the EPL can survive such a loss. I hope little Leeds can live up to the high standards your club has set. We will see. 

If it's PPG that puts us up that's not ideal but not our doing so happy to take it. The fact that it will wind up so many fans of other clubs will just make it sweeter. 

Stay strong in these difficult times. 

I didn't realise that football is determined by hunches and who shouts loudest. Who knew?

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The thing is if there is a solution that doesn’t keep us in the premier league next season I presume our lawyers could make merry

a decent QC giving an opinion now would getting them to null and void the season 

Villa will launch a legal action that will take 2 years to go through the courts too.

They might gift a promotion to 2 clubs from the lower leagues but there will be no relegation from the EPL.

47 minutes ago, rondy said:

And apart from a few years where you cheated and bullied yourselves to a few trophies before most of us were born

I think you’ll find most of us were about at the time 😁

7 hours ago, Cyan said:

Clearly. And it will really grind the gears of so many Leeds haters. Beautiful. 

Ever wondered why so many hate Leeds as after all it cannot possibly be because of your footballing achievements in the last few decades can it ?

22 hours ago, Orly said:

It seems most of you are aware that everyone else in the entire country is returning to work, with little / no access to testing, having to take public transport in some instances, and getting paid a few quid an hour?  But somehow, premier league players paid millions, with access to plentiful resources for protecting staff and players somehow need to be protected above and beyond the general populace??

Also, I couldn't give two sh1ts about a footballer's opinion on a virus.  That's like asking the milkman for a 10,000 word dissertation on Ugandan cultural appropriation and economic recovery in the 1990s.

They are entitled to not FEEL safe if they wish.  They are not entitled to NOT do their jobs.  AND in my opinion, they have a moral obligation to do them,  like I have when I have gone to work when possible, so as to not burden the self-employment scheme more than I absolutely have to.

Big John Ruddy has got it right in the story on the main site now:

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/john-ruddy-on-return-1-6648853

Interesting perspective.

Are other Industries being ask to do a job with anymore than very low risk of exchanging bodily fluid.

Carers and care homes cannot get tests yet footballers and associated can have 2 a week ( I appreciate that might change in the coming weeks but this happens from today )

Our nurses have to buy their own PPE, every day industries are having to use non medical standard PPE, yet football can have as much high grade PPE as they want. Don’t you think our nurses deserve better protection.

The government paper is quite specific your job must be safe and you must be able practice social distancing. Can’t see how a footballer can do that.

If this is so safe and anyone having the virus will be picked up before spreading it, why do the players need face masks, medical staff need high level PPE ( which should be with our nurses and carers ), why do we need to disinfect pitches and why can they not tackle in training.

I accept our relegation, but I have a different view to yourself, to me those not wanting to play because of the risk are correct and being brave standing up to the bullies, those like Van **** saying they are brave, I am afraid they are not brave, just idiots.

One last thing, Liverpool are the this is safe brigade headers. 2 things strike me as strange, their women’s team want the WSL nul and avoid as it is not safe ( strange that they are bottom ) the other is quite rightly they want an enquiry into why their game against Athletico was played, yet they wouldn’t play that behind closed doors.

In the words of ABBA - Money, Money, Money it’s a rich mans world

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Liverpool need to come out and say it is unsafe to resume. They would be thanked evermore and would claim the moral high ground. But with American owners I don't hold out a lot of hope. 

I afraid its looks like we will be back soon - clubs paying for private testing regardless on how everyone feels, and we will be playing in champs next season

Well look on the bright side, our defence can teach the rest of the EPL about how to not tackle during the game let alone training.🚌

• Like 1

Surprised our new friend hasn’t been back after these latest developments. The one who was happy to take ppg now and not complete the season...

12 hours ago, Ramrod said:

Since when did any player worry their salary would ruin a football club? 

The EPL lot are so wealthy they have no reason to take the slightest risk. 

I am surprised how little football has mattered to me during this lock down. It has become irrelevant and the players are mostly shown up as living in a bubble. 

If clubs had to play though and their elite players refused they should field reserves or trainees. Now that would be interesting. 

I wonder if your lad was a trainee you'd be so happy if he was chucked in where others feared to tread. If it was my grandson I wouldn't.

There seems to be a lot of  random ire thrown around on here simply through views on other people's money. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cyan said:

Na f the games are played out we will secure promotion. Not without some drama no doubt but we will get there. Due to play Fulham at home. A draw, maintain the points gap and we'd be almost home. That isn't arrogance just belief.

If only. When the pressure was on you bottled it against both Norwich and Sheff Utd at home last season, so what makes you think you'd beat Fulham? Over the final 8 games you lost to 1p5wich ! Wigan, Birmingham and Brentford and drew with Villa, beat Preston, Sheff Wed and Millwall. So that's 1.25 PPG.... squeaky bum time if you did that again..... this time you have four tough away games at Cardiff, Blackburn, Swansea and Derby, plus three banana skin home games against Luton, Charlton and Barnsley, plus Stoke. 🙂

Let's assume you lose your next game at Cardiff, WBA beat Birmingham, and Fulham beat Brentford, then the pressure is on. Lose at home to Fulham and you are just 1 point ahead of them with 6 games to go... you just know you'd bottle it if that happened don't you? 

So wish you luck Cyan, it's about time Leeds are back in the EPL, but you still have to actually do it.

12 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well look on the bright side, our defence can teach the rest of the EPL about how to not tackle during the game let alone training.🚌

Social distancing not a new concept when defending corners.

Most of us are back at work and some of us never stopped. The jobs we did before the pandemic are the same as they are now. 

Some of us had times when we wished that we had chosen differently but cannot change that now.. 

Football was a national institution and I presume still is now. The money reflected that in players salaries as was argued at the time. Clubs have a right to expect their product to produce. 

Do you think that a care home worker isn't scared of going to work?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Most of us are back at work and some of us never stopped. The jobs we did before the pandemic are the same as they are now. 

Some of us had times when we wished that we had chosen differently but cannot change that now.. 

Football was a national institution and I presume still is now. The money reflected that in players salaries as was argued at the time. Clubs have a right to expect their product to produce. 

Do you think that a care home worker isn't scared of going to work?

Of course they are and rightly so.

The care worker/NHS debate I get, these are people who have close contact with people and the one area where the government should hang their heads in shame over this whole thing is how they left them exposed for to long without PPE.

In most other jobs though you can maintain social distancing but in football you cannot, so although it does bare some similarities with care workers position at least now most care workers can get PPE, a footballer cannot play in PPE.

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

A care home worker isn't being tested weekly and does not have the option of not playing if a resident is infected.

I know, but that doesn't mean that a footballer should be forced to play and adds to the argument that tests should be used in that industry and not football.

The care workers (in most cases) can at least protect themselves with PPE, forcing footballers back to work and exposing them to close contact without the ability to protect themselves is wrong, testing or not.

I agree UK isnt ready and shouldnt go ahead until it has sorted out PPE, track and trrace etc but estimated footballers have 88secs close contact during a game. A lot less than a trip on London underground. Don't suppose they will be faffing around at corners and free kicks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T said:

I agree UK isnt ready and shouldnt go ahead until it has sorted out PPE, track and trrace etc but estimated footballers have 88secs close contact during a game. A lot less than a trip on London underground. Don't suppose they will be faffing around at corners and free kicks. 

That may be the case for our lot but that's not a lot of time so I'd question that stat.

There are other things that they have to take in to account, sweat, snot and spit, players touching the ball continually and then wiping their faces, unless the ball is going to be cleaned everytime it goes out a player who touches it having wiped sweat off his face and then the next player touches it and does the same, the chances are it's now been passed, multiply that by however many times players use their hands for throw, free kicks, corners etc and the chance to spread is considerable.

And agree re the underground but sensible people on there wear masks because they have the choice, footballers won't have that choice.

88 seconds certainly sounds wrong. A corner can take half that time to take if players are jostling for positions and the ref holds play up

7 minutes ago, JF said:

88 seconds certainly sounds wrong. A corner can take half that time to take if players are jostling for positions and the ref holds play up

Danish university research. I agree does seem low   And agree potentially higher risk situation. You need to be confident your testing tracing and quarantine procedures are robust. I see U.K. generally a couple months behind in Germany so would take UK to July after end of contracts. The German football authorities admit they are on a knife edge whether it works out so going to be very difficult for UK unless UK gets its act together generally and can play after June. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, T said:

Danish university research. I agree does seem low   And agree potentially higher risk situation. You need to be confident your testing tracing and quarantine procedures are robust. I see U.K. generally a couple months behind in Germany so would take UK to July after end of contracts. The German football authorities admit they are on a knife edge whether it works out so going to be very difficult for UK unless UK gets its act together generally and can play after June. 

Not sure how they have arrived at that amount of time. Logically there is close contact at every single set piece. So a corner or a free kick where players are next to each other in a wall, whilst others are closely man marking. These set pieces can easily see 1 minute or more of close contact on each occasion. 

edit: my only presumption is that their research was based on in play close contact 

Edited by JF

1 minute ago, JF said:

Not sure how they have arrived at that amount of time. Logically there is close contact at every single set piece. So a corner or a free kick where players are next to each other in a wall, whilst others are closely man marking. These set pieces can easily see 1 minute or more of close contact on each occasion. 

Also on the basis that footballers are told to get touch tight, unless every player is Peter Crouch you can't do that and be 2 metres away.

During this everlong period when we have had to think differently about how we act and interact with others, there have still been many times when the memory has reverted to before and have done things we are not supposed to do. Touching, walking, coughing, sneezing have been done with as much care as possible but there have been too many occasions when the brain didn't react correctly.

How the hell anyone thinks that a contact sport like football, where decisions aren't considered except in the dressing room but the game is played on reaction only, can keep its integrity while also keeping to health guidelines is completely beyond me.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that money, the football industry, the TV companies and the media, all want PL football to start again and if it means it is a risk, then so be it.  Fans can do nothing as they are already going to be excluded from grounds so it is up to the players to make a stand.  Will they, or the players' union do anything? 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm afraid that money, the football industry, the TV companies and the media, all want PL football to start again and if it means it is a risk, then so be it.  Fans can do nothing as they are already going to be excluded from grounds so it is up to the players to make a stand.  Will they, or the players' union do anything? 

err..... things that I pointed out some weeks back would be what determined this

to be met by over excited bleats about integrity, and that the season such be voided

the pressure on players will be the same as on the poor beggars herded into over crowded buses, trains and work spaces

and fans whining now about a money making monster should stop and ask themselves at what point did they object to that 'monster' being created

as it's a bit late now to be griping

Where the Hell is the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) in all of this? And, come to that, the League Managers Association? They are so far off the pace that it is embarrassing. At the very, very least they should be issuing daily press releases / briefings. I guarantee that both have overblown press departments. They should see the current situation as an opportunity to make a difference.

Whatever anyone says, the games cannot resume without the players agreeing and take it from me, the groundswell of opinion amongst is that players is that they feel it is too dangerous to resume in the immediate future.

If the players are looking for an example they just need to use tennis.

You have to use one set of balls and only the person who brought them can touch then with their hands.

Maybe a new rule would be a toss up to decide whose balls are going to be used to gain an advantage 😁

7 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Where the Hell is the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) in all of this? And, come to that, the League Managers Association? They are so far off the pace that it is embarrassing. At the very, very least they should be issuing daily press releases / briefings. I guarantee that both have overblown press departments. They should see the current situation as an opportunity to make a difference.

Whatever anyone says, the games cannot resume without the players agreeing and take it from me, the groundswell of opinion amongst is that players is that they feel it is too dangerous to resume in the immediate future.

really  ?

what evidence is there of that ?