Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Club announce refunds

18 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

5 games and the FA Cup tie will be a tidy sum of money. As kc has said nice and clear so all we have to do now is wait for the refund options to be issued which i assume will include giving you the ability to not take it.

About £3.5m all in all I would estimate if everyone claims it. I don;t have a problem with the club having an option for people not to claim any refund provided its just an option. Ultimately then its up to people what they do. I do though, hope that if fans do help the club out then it is recognised moving forward and we are not rewarded with further dubious cash making schemes like the away membership. 

17 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

To that end instead of Mr Webber torching £20 notes I reckon a mock-up of a sad-faced Sporting Director complete with said begging bowl Oliver Twist-style could well hit the spot 😀

Please Sir.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

About £3.5m all in all I would estimate if everyone claims it. I don;t have a problem with the club having an option for people not to claim any refund provided its just an option. Ultimately then its up to people what they do. I do though, hope that if fans do help the club out then it is recognised moving forward and we are not rewarded with further dubious cash making schemes like the away membership. 

Jim i don't know how you arrived at that sum and am not suggesting it is incorrect but remember there are a fair few thousand coffin dodgers like me plus juveniles who are on a concessionary rate not forgetting of course corporate season ticket holders which must number several hundred.

Furlough scheme extended by 4 months, presumably non playing staff still included?

The club may have to decide on a simplistic approach regarding the options if there is a lack of resource to process them.

Difficult to say how much it all will cost the club i would have thought about £2m. On reflection i will take mine. The already have my £600 for next season for an adult and junior and it is becoming apparent that sadly it may be years rather than months before we can return to watching football like we used to. As for next seasons ticket money i guess we will only get it if the club is solvent. If we were league 1 or worse i would be more minded to let them keep some or most of my cash this time around but with the millions spent on wages and expenses i have no enthusiasm to do so.

Edited by Yorkshire Canary

16 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Totally agree, just hope the club has enough staff on the payroll to process the refunds! 

The players and exec staff can do it...

5 minutes ago, Rustyboy said:

Has anything been said about the Arsenal away tickets?

It is all in the opening post on this thread Rusty.

Casual match tickets (2019-20)

Fans who have purchased a casual match ticket for an upcoming home or away league fixture, and or the home FA Cup quarter final tie against Manchester United, will have their match ticket automatically refunded by the end of May. The refund will be automatically issued onto the payment card that was used during the purchasing process.

Those who purchased tickets via any other method will be contacted by the club’s ticket office.

There is now more detail on how this will work, following discussions with supporters, including options to have your rebate money passed on to the Academy or the CSF.

20 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Jim i don't know how you arrived at that sum and am not suggesting it is incorrect but remember there are a fair few thousand coffin dodgers like me plus juveniles who are on a concessionary rate not forgetting of course corporate season ticket holders which must number several hundred.

Its back of a fag packet stuff Til I will admit (i.e. not factoring in concessions and corporates) but essentially based on each ST holder being due around £130 (£2.8m) and 27,000 tickets for Man U @ £30 = £800K. Obviously, I will have missed some bits and pieces. Kids tickets would bring the number down but corporates probably push it up.

• Like 1

So you can take a refund, donate to the academy or donate to the CSF.

Maybe i'm not gonna get the kick-off I wanted? 

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Its back of a fag packet stuff Til I will admit (i.e. not factoring in concessions and corporates) but essentially based on each ST holder being due around £130 (£2.8m) and 27,000 tickets for Man U @ £30 = £800K. Obviously, I will have missed some bits and pieces. Kids tickets would bring the number down but corporates probably push it up.

They probably didn't sell 27,000 tickets for ManU though as they pulled the sale [well] before the end of the window for season ticket holders to claim their seats.  Like many others I was pretty sure it wasn't going to happen and didn't claim my seat.  It therefore never made it to even home membership sale.  Still, you're right that the ManU game alone is going to be quite an amount.

SB

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So you can take a refund, donate to the academy or donate to the CSF.

Maybe i'm not gonna get the kick-off I wanted? 

As you asked so nicely....

Zoom board meeting 12/5/2020

Webber: So guys, we've put out the presser about how we're going to rebate the fans, but you know, we need that money. Any ideas?

Kensell: We gotta be careful boss, you know the sh.tstorm caused by the away membership fiasco.  

Webber: Yes, we need to be a bit more delicate with this.  Delia, what are your thoughts?

Delia (after her 11th gin of the morning): We have the besht fooshball shuppoters in the world.  

Kensell: Quite. Well boss, why dont we ask the fans to donate to the academy.  That's probably the least contentious way of going about it. But here's the kicker - however much they donate, we dont need to spend on the academy next year.  Mwahahahahaha

Webber: Brilliant, quite brilliant.

Delia (after misplacing the gin bottle): We need a 12th drink, where aaarrrrrre you? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, king canary said:

Good system, nothing to object to in my view- very different approach to 2009 so far.

Give it chance, people will find something to moan about. Already being accused of still being a lighter form of 'begging' on another thread...

They could put 10 years of season ticket cost in every fan's pocket, make us all honorary Hall of Famer's and declare free beer at every home game next season. People will still find a problem.

The club just cannot win.

You can get on with some work hoggy and come back on June 1st as that is decision day for the 3 options available. I got an email half an hour ago telling me to check my details are correct on the club system before this moves the rebate/donations forward on that date.

I shall be taking  the rebate by the way. I support the CSF in other ways throughout the year and inviting fans to prop up the academy for the second time in a couple of years is not for me ta.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You can get on with some work hoggy and come back on June 1st as that is decision day for the 3 options available. I got an email half an hour ago telling me to check my details are correct on the club system before this moves the rebate/donations forward on that date.

I shall be taking  the rebate by the way. I support the CSF in other ways throughout the year and inviting fans to prop up the academy for the second time in a couple of years is not for me ta.

And so begins the endless procession of fans lining up to tell us what they will do and why, like any of us gives a crap.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A fair few choking on their cornflakes with your last paragraph.

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And so begins the endless procession of fans lining up to tell us what they will do and why, like any of us gives a crap.

I was merely trying to help hoggy out in his quest for a $ hitstorm over this.

The club treated us as customers with the ludicrous membership schemes at the start of the season, so I’ll treat the club as a normal business and claim everything I’m entitled to. Norwich City is a business after all, not a charity.

PS, I’ve told everyone what I’m doing, and I don’t care if you don’t like it 😀👍🏻

The less money that remains in the club the better. It will force the stowmarket 2 to look for outside investment 

Well I will take mine which for the amount of games left and I personally will give it to the NHS who deserve it more.

How long before we see these prima Donna footballers applying for council jobs emptying the bins

Remember one of the best keepers NCFC ever had Kenny Nethercott working for Caleys it’s all going to come back again

On 11/05/2020 at 17:05, Capt. Pants said:

No refund for next season as obviously there could be some form of in stadium matches as the season  progresses (or not).

I will wait until I see the options available before I decide but unlikely I will waive my right to a refund unless players/exec reciprocate by forgoing some of their salaries.

This is going to cost the club a pretty penny!

I Agree. I do feel that the players wages which are very high compared with Jo Public and are draining the clubs finances. Surely it wouldn't hurt all players to take a big hit on their income to help our club out?  It's only for a few more months.  

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Bustad Club!

Why should people have to choose what they do with their money....

Has Michael Foulger agreed to match the rebates not taken yet ? 😛

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Has Michael Foulger agreed to match the rebates not taken yet ? 😛

He read the posts on here and said the rebates not taken would be such a poultry amount they wouldn't be worth bothering about...

• Haha 2

On 11/05/2020 at 17:05, Capt. Pants said:

No refund for next season as obviously there could be some form of in stadium matches as the season  progresses (or not).

I will wait until I see the options available before I decide but unlikely I will waive my right to a refund unless players/exec reciprocate by forgoing some of their salaries.

This is going to cost the club a pretty penny!

Still uneasy about players salaries, but I hadn't considered the donations to the CSF and academy until now. It's clever and well thought out. Would also leave a warm and fuzzy feeling 😉 

I just want to get back to Carrow Road, have a few beers before the game and cheer my team on whatever league we are in OTBC