Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

No football until at least June

No professional sport, even behind closed doors, will be staged in England until 1 June at the earliest, the government has announced.

• Thanks 1

or

"The government have given the Premier League the green light to restart the season from 1 June."

Edited by Bill
  • Haha 1

💲💲💲............. what do you think ?

So where does this leave the PL now? UEFA have given the federations until the 25th of May to confirm restart plans but that would be difficult for the FA as there is no guarantee that playing can resume from the 1st of June.

So we might be playing every other day to finish the season. I doubt the players will be up for that.

The EPL are meeting today. What are the odds it will be to discuss when to have the next meeting?

Can they please hold the rather selfish and inconsiderate recommencement of Professional Football until at least late October or early November 2020....as I've still got an absolute shedload of TV box-set series to plough through?..... 

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Can they please hold the rather selfish and inconsiderate recommencement of Professional Football until at least late October or early November 2020....as I've still got an absolute shedload of TV box-set series to plough through?..... 

Not your back catalogue of Farming Diary?

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Not your back catalogue of Farming Diary?

No....but it does include my complete collection of well thumbed 'Boots and Shoe Fetish Monthly' magazines......

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

or

"The government have given the Premier League the green light to restart the season from 1 June."

They haven't though.

That's incredible use of artistic license from the Telegraph. Professional Sport in general is part of Step 2, which can only begin June AT THE EARLIEST - and is subject to change.

So the Premier League don't have a green light to restart yet whatsoever.

This is being poorly reported. The June 1st date is subject to conditions being met to move on to the next phase and then it’s all down to the training schedule. 3/4 weeks of intensive training needed before they can play a competitive match. That type of training may not be permitted until June as yet which puts the schedule into late June for a restart 

45 minutes ago, Bill said:

or

Wrong..

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

No....but it does include my complete collection of well thumbed 'Boots and Shoe Fetish Monthly' magazines......

I had to cancel my subscription after a while - the articles had no soul, and it made me feel such a heel, and gave me a case of cracked leather tongue.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JF said:

Wrong..

Handy guide for you JF:

image.png.04495dca72b016004e1cc1bc610ffd66.png

Edited by Ian

From June 1st does not mean that matches will be played on June 1st.

There is a clue in the word "from"

June 1st is only 3 weeks away and it will take that amount of time to see whay happens after the current easing of restrictions.

And then there will need to be another review to see if we can move to the next stage.

Any bad news regarding spread, R, infections & deaths will blow June 1st away.

Edited by Making Plans

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Now you have gone and done it. 😂

Could well be taking one of his breaks from the forum soon. 

That or admit he was wrong.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Now you have gone and done it. 😂

I’ll guess the reply..

oh dear, 

oh deary, deary me

Large dose of self righteousness 

sprinkling of being obnoxious

dusting of cantankerous 

Plenty of Waffle with not much real substance...

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Borman said:

That or admit he was wrong.

Hell will freeze over first make no mistake.

2 minutes ago, JF said:

I’ll guess the reply..

oh dear, 

oh deary, deary me

Large dose of self righteousness 

sprinkling of being obnoxious

dusting of cantankerous 

Plenty of Waffle with not much real substance...

You forgot that just one misplaced word will have you branded as a liar.

1 hour ago, JF said:

Wrong..

I think you're making a basic error here in trying to work out exactly what the government means by this when they don't actually know themselves. Does "elite sport" include group or team training for example? I suspect it doesn't, so they could train before that to be ready for actual, meaningful games from 1st June - or maybe just friendlies. Who knows?

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I think you're making a basic error here in trying to work out exactly what the government means by this when they don't actually know themselves. Does "elite sport" include group or team training for example? I suspect it doesn't, so they could train before that to be ready for actual, meaningful games from 1st June - or maybe just friendlies. Who knows?

Has to be linked with his 5 point plan surely. In other words until we get closer to the Norwich colour zone there will still be social distance measures in place.

So on that basis no team training or friendlies etc.

10 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

:46

Johnson: Sport events will provide much-needed boost

"Every day we shall monitor our progress," says Boris Johnson.

"If we stay on the downward slope, then and only then will it become safe to go further and move to the second step."

He explains this will include schools opening and potentially holding sporting events behind closed doors.

"This will provide a much-needed boost," he says.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You forgot that just one misplaced word will have you branded as a liar.

Button it plod.....

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

More importantly, when will we see Bill in his mask.😉

about the same time we will see you outside