Sign in to follow this  
Jezzard

Whose mad idea is Points per Game?

Efl are looking for a neutral venue to play the play offs over 1 leg and then the final to determine the final promotion place from the 4 teams current in the play offs. Again this is on the presumption that none of the teams just outside the play offs challenge this and that Fulham don’t also challenge Leeds and West Brom getting automatically promoted! There should have been clear direction to null and void all leagues from the top as this is going to end in mass litigation 

Just now, JF said:

Efl are looking for a neutral venue to play the play offs over 1 leg and then the final to determine the final promotion place from the 4 teams current in the play offs. Again this is on the presumption that none of the teams just outside the play offs challenge this and that Fulham don’t also challenge Leeds and West Brom getting automatically promoted! There should have been clear direction to null and void all leagues from the top as this is going to end in mass litigation 

It's one big mess......

Agree. One rule for L1 and L2, another for the Championship and another for the EPL. Incredible.

Attempting to contrive a finish and a final table is an invitation to litigation. It is not going to fly.

I'm not sure I agree with all this legal action stuff. If the member clubs of the EPL and the EFL agree on a vote to finish the season on PPG and keep promotion and relegation there is no legal recourse that I can see - they all agreed to the terms of taking part in the competitions and this is just another of those.

This is an unprecedented situation - that is in itself a defence to legal action. They have tried to play on and have explored everything they can but it has proven impossible so having taken a vote, it stands.

We are bottom and any calculation has us relegated. I have no issue with that, if none of the clubs wanted null and void or to play on neutral grounds. Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders and move on.

Let's just win the Championship again next season. 

Cannot see 14 teams voting for ppg. Aside from the obvious 3, there will be others who realise it could well be them in this position next season.

If the season cannot be completed then it's going to be tough just to eject 3 - none of whom are as yet relegated. 

4 minutes ago, Throwaway said:

Cannot see 14 teams voting for ppg. Aside from the obvious 3, there will be others who realise it could well be them in this position next season.

If the season cannot be completed then it's going to be tough just to eject 3 - none of whom are as yet relegated. 

Up until today I’d have agreed but it seems the f.a hold a veto to any decisions and they are insisting on relegation 

42 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'm not sure I agree with all this legal action stuff. If the member clubs of the EPL and the EFL agree on a vote to finish the season on PPG and keep promotion and relegation there is no legal recourse that I can see - they all agreed to the terms of taking part in the competitions and this is just another of those.

This is an unprecedented situation - that is in itself a defence to legal action. They have tried to play on and have explored everything they can but it has proven impossible so having taken a vote, it stands.

We are bottom and any calculation has us relegated. I have no issue with that, if none of the clubs wanted null and void or to play on neutral grounds. Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders and move on.

Let's just win the Championship again next season. 

Quite happy for us to be in the Championship. But what criteria for 17 other clubs to relegate three teams? They are altering everything to suit. Now contracts can be extended past 30 June. 

Fair to say that Danny Rose doesn’t share the enthusiasm for it... 

The Government's saying bring back football to boost the morale of the nation,” Rose said. “I don't give a f--- about the nation’s morale. People’s lives are at risk. Football shouldn't be spoken about till numbers have dropped massively. It's ****."

Charlton are not happy, been in the relegation zone for just 6 days and are only 2 points from safety 

24 minutes ago, JF said:

Fair to say that Danny Rose doesn’t share the enthusiasm for it... 

The Government's saying bring back football to boost the morale of the nation,” Rose said. “I don't give a f--- about the nation’s morale. People’s lives are at risk. Football shouldn't be spoken about till numbers have dropped massively. It's ****."

And for the record, club football does nothing to raise the nation's morale. For every joyously happy Liverpool fan there are far more moaning Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, fans.

The natural state of the football fan is one of almost continuous discontent.

God Bless Danny Rose - he has spoken what most players are feeling.

Relegation on Home / Away average PPG basis, sees West Ham drop into the bottom three.

May almost be worth accepting relegation to see Villa and West Ham implode in the Championship.

I sense a lawsuite 🙂 Perhaps "only two clubs to be relegated as no Championship playoffs are possible"

West Ham PPG.jpg

Edited by Surfer

....still very quiet from the Championship on their plans to finish their season.

Cant see how clubs can be gifted a promotion 75% through a season, whilst those in the league above are forced to complete theirs??

9 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....still very quiet from the Championship on their plans to finish their season.

Cant see how clubs can be gifted a promotion 75% through a season, whilst those in the league above are forced to complete theirs??

If all leagues agree to finish on PPG though, and the clubs agree that as a majority, only the playoffs need to take place. 

18 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If all leagues agree to finish on PPG though, and the clubs agree that as a majority, only the playoffs need to take place. 

Why hold any playoffs? Home / away average PPG can pick a "winner" of 3rd place just as easily as 1st or 2nd. Fulham have obtained an average of 2.00 PPG from home fixtures and 1.44 for away... etc