Sign in to follow this  
pete

14 day quarantine ?

It had been announced people arriving in the UK will face a 14 day quarantine period when arriving by air https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52594023 . No details on travel other than air travel.  But if we have players who have gone abroad home to be with their families how will they  be able to join up for training.  Or will the PL players be given favourable treatment by the UK government and be exempt from going into quarantine I don't see how they can. 

As we are looking at another 3 weeks of self isolation which takes us to beginning of June.  And 4 weeks of intensive training will be needed when all the players will be available time is running out to complete Project Start before end of July which I understand is a crucial date mentioned by UEFA.

Good point about the players Pete. They will probably try and get round it by flying to Dublin first.

I cannot see how they can possibly achieve it. I think the only argument left is whether three teams are relegated when football cannot resume. And I think the threat of legal action will put a stop to that.

If new regulations are brought in it's been reported in several places that it won't be until the end of the month which gives clubs plenty of time to get players back to the UK. 

EU has a restriction on non essential travel Into EU for non EU citizens, so Dublin should not be an option for players like Emi for example, and the UK quarantine rumor has not said anything about EU v non EU citizens yet. I’m sure the government will find a way to qualify a 14-day self quarantine to include “appropriate medical supervision”

Edited by Surfer

24 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Stable door, horse and bolted come to mind...

👍👍👍

This, this, this.

Just now, Herman said:

👍👍👍

This, this, this.

Restrictions tightening then😉

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Restrictions tightening then😉

Great. Now flights are at their lowest levels since Bleriot it seems a bit late.😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

EU has a restriction on non essential travel Into EU for non EU citizens, so Dublin should not be an option for players like Emi for example, and the UK quarantine rumor has not said anything about EU v non EU citizens yet. I’m sure the government will find a way to qualify a 14-day self quarantine to include “appropriate medical supervision”

Apologies if I've misunderstood your post, but Buendia is an EU citizen and I believe he has remained in Norwich during lockdown.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t think any club would use any loopholes to get round the quarantine measures they would be slaughtered by the media and justifiably too

Anyone  arriving into ireland must self  quarantine for 14 days anyway  so  even without eu/ UK  regulations they wouldn't be able to use us as a back door.  

Not sure how this will be enforced. I am off to the US in September,I have no intention of staying in doors for 2 weeks after that 

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Not sure how this will be enforced. I am off to the US in September,I have no intention of staying in doors for 2 weeks after that 

That's OK, some Americans don't believe it exists

6 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Apologies if I've misunderstood your post, but Buendia is an EU citizen and I believe he has remained in Norwich during lockdown.

He may well have stayed in the UK, and this example therefore may be moot, but he is a citizen of Argentina? Unless I am wrong about that.... 

28 minutes ago, Surfer said:

He may well have stayed in the UK, and this example therefore may be moot, but he is a citizen of Argentina? Unless I am wrong about that.... 

Pretty sure he has a dual passport as moved to Spain young.

9 hours ago, Surfer said:

As has been stated, he is a dual Argentine/Spanish citizen. I believe he was 12 when he moved to Spain, and he actually won a few caps for Spain's Under-19 team.

17 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

You may not be allowed to travel in September 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

And looking at pictures from yesterday, many Londoners dont give a sh_t either. 

• Like 1