Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Just wondering...

Forgetting about the hysterics about should football return, or the money involved etc.

... Does anyone want the football season to resume? 

The season, and watching live football at CR, feels a lifetime ago. So much has changed, including my priorities. For me, I feel it should be cancelled. If Norwich “get a little miracle” and stay up, great. If they get relegated, so be it. We were heading that way anyway.

I hope that the PL just cancel it and we can all stop talking about it. But as many on here have said, what do I know...

My opinion is that football should come back fully or not at all, none of these half arsed approaches.

• Like 5

It has to wait until it is safe for the supporters to attend. Until then it is not the game we love. I cannot think of anything worse than behind closed doors. And that is from someone who watches streams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It has to wait until it is safe for the supporters to attend. Until then it is not the game we love. I cannot think of anything worse than behind closed doors. And that is from someone who watches streams.

Just imagine the drop in attendance next year if they said all over 70’s were banned from mass public gatherings to protect them! 😉

From my point of view as a football fan completing the season in any way other than how the first 29 games were played is wrong.

From my point of view as a football season ticket holder to complete the season without the soul of the club being able to take part is a disgrace.

If this had happened pre-PL does anyone honestly think these contrived solutions would be being considered?

35 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

From my point of view as a football fan completing the season in any way other than how the first 29 games were played is wrong.

From my point of view as a football season ticket holder to complete the season without the soul of the club being able to take part is a disgrace.

If this had happened pre-PL does anyone honestly think these contrived solutions would be being considered?

Of course not, but I'm sure they would have done had they received £3bn a season in TV money.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

My opinion is that football should come back fully or not at all, none of these half arsed approaches.

Professional Football without crowds just isn't and can’t ever be the real thing IMO.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Just imagine the drop in attendance next year if they said all over 70’s were banned from mass public gatherings to protect them! 😉

Delia and her hubby would be well chuffed having to watch it on a jerky ol' ifollow stream 😀

26 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Of course not, but I'm sure they would have done had they received £3bn a season in TV money.

And that's exactly what I don't get when supporters worry so much about the money. We don't get any money. It seems a lot get angry about other people who do get the money. Our tickets aren't any cheaper. The games we watch aren't any better. It's not more fun because of the money...

Football is a spectator sport if it’s not possible to finish this season as it was started it should not resume at all.It seems some will go to any lengths to finish the season I am a season ticket holder and love my team and football but the greed is really starting to p#ss me off.Managers,club doctors and players really have to stand up to the idiots who seem to think they are more important than life itself.Rant over.

This season will not finish although i want it to when its safe to as i think we would definitely stay up.

If it does not finish then relegation from the Premier will be off the table. Also promotion from the Championship will not happen. PPG will not happen as a % of teams who go on a run stay up from our position in the table. Neutral grounds wont happen with relegation as teams at the bottom have the majority of their points from home matches. Teams will play weakened sides as some players will refuse to play, integrity?

Only 1 option is to cancel season with no promotions and relegations and restart new season when its safe to do so.

5 minutes ago, HairyTeeth said:

This season will not finish although i want it to when its safe to as i think we would definitely stay up.

If it does not finish then relegation from the Premier will be off the table. Also promotion from the Championship will not happen. PPG will not happen as a % of teams who go on a run stay up from our position in the table. Neutral grounds wont happen with relegation as teams at the bottom have the majority of their points from home matches. Teams will play weakened sides as some players will refuse to play, integrity?

Only 1 option is to cancel season with no promotions and relegations and restart new season when its safe to do so.

That is a truly awful option.

21 hours ago, Herman said:

In principle I agree but I think you have to recognise that this would be a financial catastrophe for many clubs.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What’s a more realistic and better option though?

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I agree its an awful option. Not fair on anyone but all options are unfair so what do we do?

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

In principle I agree but I think you have to recognise that this would be a financial catastrophe for many clubs.

This is true but I am not sure if there is any way around it. People have little money and it isn't going to improve in the near future.The initial excitement of seeing your team will soon dissipate once it looks like a glorified friendly. Will they be willing to stump up cash to watch a substandard product. And lower league teams need gate receipts to operate. Behind closed doors will cost them a lot for little benefit.

28 minutes ago, HairyTeeth said:

I agree its an awful option. Not fair on anyone but all options are unfair so what do we do?

Even some promotions without relegations is not ideal but far fairer than pretending 3/4 of the season played counts for nothing. 

Personally I think there should be relegations too and teams like Southend and maybe our good selves could have little complaint if it happened.