The Bristol Nest

Playing behind closed doors

I have reliable information regarding the Sunday statement but can't share all 5 three week phases here.  Suffice to say that if each phase increased infection rates we will revert to the previous one. Restarting sport behind closed doors is due, if the initial phases do not lead to a rise in the R 0 rate,  in Phase 3 on June 29th.

Edited by The Bristol Nest
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I have reliable information regarding the Sunday statement but can't share all 5 three week phases here.  Suffice to say that if each phase increased infection rates we will revert to the previous one. Restarting sport behind closed doors is due, if the initial phases do not lead to a rise in the R 0 rate,  in Phase 3 on June 29th.

Oh you tease.

It will be interesting to see how right you are, as usually when someone claims to have reliable information it's BS.

• Like 1

If that’s true it doesn’t give the PL enough time to complete the season before UEFA deadline of August 2nd. Time will tell

Maybe BJ had a word with Varadkar,.... " crikey! You Paddy chaps seem to have got a  plan....errrrr  ...what is it"

Varadkar ..." simple BJ , front up a press conference, tell the people how it is , outline the plan, remind everyone that each stage of the plan is only enacted if everyone plays the game and infection rates carry on dropping consistently"

Three weeks later Boris comes up with a plan... funnily enough it's a five stage plan based on incremental freedoms based on downward infection rates.

Good Thinking Boris. 😉

• Haha 1

Sorry to tease. I have the generic 5 phase basic plan from a real friend who is really involved but even that changes daily hence a fairly generic plan.

The reopening of preschools to the children of keyworkers will come as a shock to keyworkers who have been taking their children to preschool for the last six weeks..

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

20200508_160816.thumb.jpg.3a1d09d06dc8c057928ddeff41a6f0ae.jpg

This is Ireland plan 

• Like 1

This plan does seem sensible though so would not be at all disappointed to see something like it announced.

4 minutes ago, JF said:

This is Ireland plan 

****. That is interesting. It might be B S sent to my friend unless the Gov have genuinely just put their own dates on the Irish plan. I will warn my friend...

If they have gone down the June 29th route for behind closed doors then the games would have to be crammed in 2 a week from that date, that coupled with the neutral venues and 5 subs really does leave this all open to be legally challenged by the eventual bottom 3 for compensation. Boris will probably have us all locked away and they can kick off in a couple of weeks..

My copy rewords much of the Irish plan, for example, open up non essential shops in phase 3 but only if accessed from street level with a strict number and social distancing. Shopping malls don't open until a much later phase.

7 minutes ago, JF said:

If they have gone down the June 29th route for behind closed doors then the games would have to be crammed in 2 a week from that date, that coupled with the neutral venues and 5 subs really does leave this all open to be legally challenged by the eventual bottom 3 for compensation. Boris will probably have us all locked away and they can kick off in a couple of weeks..

Never going to happen if June 29th is start date.

Just now, ricardo said:

I’d agree but the way it’s been going if they only had 9 days I think they would give it a good go!

Taking that Ireland plan as an example.  I'm struggling to see how the June 29th phase 3 plan could apply to football?

"Permit "behind closed doors" sporting activities events where arrangements are in place to enable participants to maintain social distancing".

How the heck could you put arrangements in place to enable participants in a football match to maintain social distancing???

• Like 1

Guys, I'd generally be  fairly cynical about politics/politicians but have to admit I've been impressed so far with the way the Irish non govt has dealt  with this.

There has been mistakes such as the Covid  payment of € 350 pw given to people  including sckoolkids who are  over 18 who lost job due to virus , but were earning less than €350 . But they took decisive action quickly and allayed a lot of peoples financial worries. 

Since the virus became topic no 1 obv a lot has changed in day to day life and listening  to the Irish politicians talking ( I know, they've  got me believing them) theres a lot of new ideas for social welfare and healthcare reform , most of it sounding fair and progressive. 

If the UK plan is in fact similar to the Irish one , then it should be met with support  as christ knows what else we can realistically do to be safe yet not let stagnation set it. There will be minutae in the plan to argue about on here, of that you can be sure.......so all is not lost.👍😉

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Guys, I'd generally be  fairly cynical about politics/politicians but have to admit I've been impressed so far with the way the Irish non govt has dealt  with this.

There has been mistakes such as the Covid  payment of € 350 pw given to people  including sckoolkids who are  over 18 who lost job due to virus , but were earning less than €350 . But they took decisive action quickly and allayed a lot of peoples financial worries. 

Since the virus became topic no 1 obv a lot has changed in day to day life and listening  to the Irish politicians talking ( I know, they've  got me believing them) theres a lot of new ideas for social welfare and healthcare reform , most of it sounding fair and progressive. 

If the UK plan is in fact similar to the Irish one , then it should be met with support  as christ knows what else we can realistically do to be safe yet not let stagnation set it. There will be minutae in the plan to argue about on here, of that you can be sure.......so all is not lost.👍😉

Out of curiosity do you know when the primary school children are returning in Ireland’s plan? 

edit: ignore that I’ve found it in NN post

Edited by JF

56 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think i know somebody who might disagree with you on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Liar. 

Oh dear, oh dearie me that is you tea leaf gazing and making guff up and then bleating on here.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh dear, oh dearie me that is you tea leaf gazing and making guff up and then bleating on here.

Odd that you should be lurking plod!!

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe it was JFo or Bagstero, I have so many logins I confuse myself. Fortunately there's a fella on here who can spot a multi login at 3000 paces and is only too happy to tell me.Or you.  Or anyone.

Sod football. 20th July until I can get a haircut.

Timescales kind of coincide with the binning of the furlough scheme?