Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

How’s everyone’s VE Day going ?

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Carp has a muddy, fairly unpleasant taste. Not a fish that one would want to eat, imo.

Not quite sure why it's necessary to ban it as it tastes so awful! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Carp has a muddy, fairly unpleasant taste. Not a fish that one would want to eat, imo.

44 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not quite sure why it's necessary to ban it as it tastes so awful! 

I'm kind of intrigued as Pike and Trout  flavour very much depend on diet and habitat. Fish from limestone rivers and lakes taste much better than  fish that come from more peaty rivers. There is  an area of Hungary ( seen it on t'telly) where the water in the lakes is crystal clear and thick with carp . The locals ranch the fish rather than farm them, and in the programme I saw ,3 english guys expressed surprise at how decent they tasted , aaaaaanyway  , I'll  try anything twice ( in case I got it wrong the first time).

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Explain in what way was I endangering mine or anyone else's health

Well, 6 feet is not 2 metres for a start 

7 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Well, 6 feet is not 2 metres for a start 

And we do know he has a very long nose, so that has to be accounted for 🤥

Did you know Pinocchio and the flower pot men were related?😀

Edited by Van wink

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

As I stated earlier in this thread. Only ever eaten it in China..it was ghastly.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Explain in what way was I endangering mine or anyone else's health

How did i know you would try and justify what you did which was a clear breach of advice and regulations set out by the Govt and medical advisors. 99% of us are sticking to what we have been told and expected to do to help contain and isolate the virus but oh no City1st knows better.

I will stick to my view on this no matter what twaddle you now come up with but i strongly suspect nobody will back you up.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How did i know you would try and justify what you did which was a clear breach of advice and regulations set out by the Govt and medical advisors. 99% of us are sticking to what we have been told and expected to do to help contain and isolate the virus but oh no City1st knows better.

I will stick to my view on this no matter what twaddle you now come up with but i strongly suspect nobody will back you up.

This.....

The government advice on this, is quite easy to understand in my opinion, and if we didn’t have so many people in this country that seem to believe that this advice doesn’t apply to them, I’m fairly confident that not only would the death toll be lower but we’d be much further along the line of recovery. There is no justification, just pig headed people that genuinely believe they know better, that their need to visit family and friends is greater than others. Selfish.

• Like 2

As I stated earlier in this thread. Only ever eaten it in China..it was ghastly.

My son would be very upset with you chaps talking about eating his hobby. I might even go as far as to say fanatical hobby. When he isn't saving the UK from the march of ISIS or dressing up fancy for the tourists, he is a weekend bailiff at the famous Wraysbury lakes. The carp have names and are like family pets. The though of eating one wouid be like cannibalism to him.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Liar, liar, bum’s on fire.....😀😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

My son would be very upset with you chaps talking about eating his hobby. I might even go as far as to say fanatical hobby. When he isn't saving the UK from the march of ISIS or dressing up fancy for the tourists, he is a weekend bailiff at the famous Wraysbury lakes. The carp have names and are like family pets. The though of eating one wouid be like cannibalism to him.

There are a couple on here who know me personally and know that my family have been fishermen  for centuries. I have records going back to 1677 and they may go back even further. I have had many hobbies in my lifetime from freefall with the cambridge freefall club to matchbox collecting, oh and of course my beloved Triumph Motorcycles. But the one that relax me the most is rod fishing of all types. You would think I had had enough of the water by now. But no I have not. I used to give talks of social history to 1000s of kids over the years. I used to tell them that Carp were one of the staples many years ago as they were easy to keep. Monks in their monastries used to have ponds called Stew ponds to keep and breed carp in so they could always have fish on fridays, a tradition that a lot of people still adhere to with fish and chips. When I ate carp in China it was it was to see how it tasted, wrong move. I have eaten many pike and nice they are too. I think the difference with the tastes of the two fish is because of their eating menus. I have been a part time river bailiff in my time also but no longer do it.

Edited by SHRIMPER
  • Like 1

To get this back on track, we had a lovely BBQ then watched my sister on the Thursford Facebook Live Sessions. I'm sure many of you have visited Thursford in North Norfolk for their Christmas Spectacular each winter and now some of the cast are doing short 20 minute live sessions from their homes. 

It's a difficult time for actors, actresses and singers with the likelihood that theatres will remain shut like football stadiums for many months. 

If anyone wants to kill 20 minutes, here's a link: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Good to see plod upholding the finest tradition of the British judiciary.....or not as in this case. I had only intended to visit my brother, others were out an about in their gardens.

In fact I was in close proximity to at least a dozen or so in the supermarket afterwards - as I have no doubt others were when visiting B7Q etc

And it was not about government advice - but medical knowledge as I have no intention of contracting this virus nor wish to pass it on. However to ensure your you and others are fed etc millions of others will be expected to take the risks you falsely accuse me of To pay the pensions will need people to be paying tax ie working.

No one is asking those medically vulnerable to take on this risk, neither are they asking folk to spout sh yte they know nothing about either. My original post was about the subject matter, which you and fellow whingers ironically (but not unsurprisingly) turned into being about me....yet again. But have not contributed to despite your/their jingoistic nonsense elsewhere.

And there were plenty in Wells Beach road car park yesterday and loads walking along the top path - maybe you could write a letter to the Fakenham Times expressing your outrage, or local supermarkets near you who will be allowing shoppers to wander about close at hand

It might even give you something better to do with your time 😜

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

Good to see plod upholding the finest tradition of the British judiciary.....or not as in this case. I had only intended to visit my brother, others were out an about in their gardens.

In fact I was in close proximity to at least a dozen or so in the supermarket afterwards - as I have no doubt others were when visiting B7Q etc

And it was not about government advice - but medical knowledge as I have no intention of contracting this virus nor wish to pass it on. However to ensure your you and others are fed etc millions of others will be expected to take the risks you falsely accuse me of To pay the pensions will need people to be paying tax ie working.

No one is asking those medically vulnerable to take on this risk, neither are they asking folk to spout sh yte they know nothing about either. My original post was about the subject matter, which you and fellow whingers ironically (but not unsurprisingly) turned into being about me....yet again. But have not contributed to despite your/their jingoistic nonsense elsewhere.

And there were plenty in Wells Beach road car park yesterday and loads walking along the top path - maybe you could write a letter to the Fakenham Times expressing your outrage, or local supermarkets near you who will be allowing shoppers to wander about close at hand

It might even give you something better to do with your time 😜

City1st playing the victim card claiming that the thread has been turned into all about him. Maybe not posting about what was clearly a breach of how the rest of us have been advised to live our lives in the current climate would have been more advisable.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

City1st playing the victim card claiming that the thread has been turned into all about him. Maybe not posting about what was clearly a breach of how the rest of us have been advised to live our lives in the current climate would have been more advisable.

Come on..... he did live in "ole in't road".....you have to make allowances. Probably got a chipping on his shoulder.

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

so I am at fault....................because you chose to make this thread about me

dear god, any wonder you never rose above point duty

37 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As opposed to the 30,000 dead who got it and spread it deliberately.

so where was my fault

speaking to three people at least six foot apart

or mixing in a supermarket with a couple of dozen, none of whom were in fancy dress

and given you don't now the necessity of either then maybe when you do

then comment on that basis

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

so I am at fault....................because you chose to make this thread about me

dear god, any wonder you never rose above point duty

Yes you are at fault and as i said because of your totally selfish post you yourself made it all about you.

I take it you know what i did during my Police service or is that you posting unsubstantiated drivel ?

Edited by TIL 1010

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes you are at fault and as i said because of your totally selfish post you yourself made it all about you.

I take it you know what i did during my Police service or is that you posting unsubstantiated drivel ?

Neither do you know what I the purpose was in my visit, so....................

21 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Why don't you just say that your brother is either self isolating or shielding and you were running food and/or medicine over to him?........

Bit slow 😄

irrespective of what my reason was

I was minded to quote the words

'Rules are obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men' but I feared that might set him off again. Nothing I did on Friday was in contravention of understood safe behaviour and did actually fall under

"You may go out to help a vulnerable person provided you are under 70, and have no symptoms or other serious health problems"

It was no more than unblocking his sink/washing machine outlet pipe - his health condition stops him bending over etc. But plod's self righteous outrage was aimed at me, rather than it being any comment on the wider picture, as I wonder how many of those who deliver, and process his food he rants at'

And maybe the lack of comment about VE Day is that their side lost, otherwise one positive came out of it as one of the chaps has a photo of my grand dad with others in the village home guard and also told me some stuff that his dad had told him. I'm phoning him in the week as he said he will see what else he can recall.

I would like to get it saved before it is lost forever. Whether it is of that much importance to future generations can decide, but at least that will be able to make that decision.

Edited by Bill

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

'Rules are obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men' but I feared that might set him off again. Nothing I did on Friday was in contravention of understood safe behaviour and did actually fall under

"You may go out to help a vulnerable person provided you are under 70, and have no symptoms or other serious health problems"

It was no more than unblocking his sink/washing machine outlet pipe - his health condition stops him bending over etc. But plod's self righteous outrage was aimed at me, rather than it being any comment on the wider picture, as I wonder how many of those who deliver, and process his food he rants at'

And maybe the lack of comment about VE Day is that their side lost, otherwise one positive came out of it as one of the chaps has a photo of my grand dad with others in the village home guard and also told me some stuff that his dad had told him. I'm phoning him in the week as he said he will see what else he can recall.

I would like to get it saved before it is lost forever. Whether it is of that much importance to future generations can decide, but at least that will be able to make that decision.

Hope you wore a mask 

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

Neither do you know what I the purpose was in my visit, so....................

Well according to you it was to lay a wreath on the war memorial and to visit your brother. I assumed you were stating facts whereas your post about my Police service was indeed drivel, unsubstantiated at that.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

myReviewer.com - About the DVD - Ripping Yarns (UK)
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Why didn't you just say that at the start?........

as I said.....a bit slow😉