Sign in to follow this  
baldy09

Bleak

With most of the clubs in the premier all ganging up on the bottom 6 it really look bleak for city, if the  bottom 3 don't except the relegation or playing on neutral  grounds  issue they will be relegated anyhow

City do not travel well and with some of the top teams we are playing doesn't look well for city,  are we doomed or is there a chance or have the obese person sang 🤧 already

Whilst I will find it very hard to take if we get screwed over or denied our fair chance to stay up I suppose we have to remember that if it does start up again we do still have a chance to get out of the relegation zone and in a funny way playing the games in such bizarre circumstances may give us more chance that we would have had if the season had progressed to its natural conclusion. I think there will be strange results and there is definitely scope for one or more teams to go on a run if they can come out of the blocks quickly after such a long break.

It will take something totally unforeseen and catastrophic to stop this happening now. Aston Villa, Bournemouth et al (and us) might have excellent legal teams but up against the Premier League, the top six bully boys, the Government and now increasingly the media, no chance. They will have all bases covered 

Edited by Barry Brockes
Sentence omitted.

If we don’t accept neutral games it is being said that the top teams will propose a vote to relegate the current bottom three.

2 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

If we don’t accept neutral games it is being said that the top teams will propose a vote to relegate the current bottom three.

Good luck to them on that. Lawsuits at the ready.

6 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Off to court we go. 

Presumably though if the PL get the fourteen votes they need on Monday to get the changes through, neutral grounds it is and we have no grounds for redress do we? 

We deserve to go down we are bottom of the league for a reason 

we should accept our fate with good grace 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Lakey will be along to disagree.

Well, I'm still going for 5 wins from our 9 games!

17th 😉

So are we already relegated or do we have a chance of staying up? I get the impression some views have changed since we last kicked a ball.

And should we stop paying such huge amounts in salaries or should we continue to do everything we possibly can to pay more and more  Again I get the impression some views have changed since we last kicked a ball.

I guess the virus has changed the way we all view this. But will it be temporary or is a new day dawning?

44 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Presumably though if the PL get the fourteen votes they need on Monday to get the changes through, neutral grounds it is and we have no grounds for redress do we? 

More depend on IF Boris gives the go-ahead. I personally think he will but not until the end of June beginning of July, particularly if social distancing remains in some form.

that might just scupper any EPL plans to see this season out.

43 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

This is disturbing! Twice in a week I have agreed with you.  Seeing as you were rude enough not to reply to my offer of a platter of Scampi, should we ever meet, I will not increase it to cover sides and drink, but the original offer stands.

I know its mathematically possible to escape relegation but to use a comparison I used before ,are we the Black Knight of the premier league? Tis but a scratch! Come back and fight! 

Would be amusingif we refused to play and did indeed say feckit, relegate us , we dont care about the premier league, we care about  Norwich City , its players , staff and families. So sod off and play your stupid masked up behind closed doors no atmosphere shortened halves pointless charade of a ' competition ' to your hearts content  .  We aren't playing!!!

The rising R0 may put a start date beyond reach. Has gone up from .7 to .9 

What I can’t understand is all the talk about getting football back and it would be good for morale ( even for those with no interest in football?), nothing is said about cricket. Although not a great cricket fan surely there is more opportunities for social distancing on the cricket field?  Cricket is also losing money.

@ricardo  ...I expected to see the letter R by our name in the table about this time of the season. But not a R reproduction number.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They’ll be a collection announced to pay for that.

Should divide nicely between 6😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog

51 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

What I can’t understand is all the talk about getting football back and it would be good for morale ( even for those with no interest in football?), nothing is said about cricket. Although not a great cricket fan surely there is more opportunities for social distancing on the cricket field?  Cricket is also losing money.

Yes, but cricket probably doesn't contribute anywhere near as much tax revenue.

Having lost control of the epidemic in the care sector, footy should not be a priority for government.Our test capacity is low and getting lower figures would suggest, with a rising rate of infection, only Billy would be in favour of even thinking about starting football.

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

and what about Bournemouth, who are in the relegation zone by 1 goal?

With the death rates still very high it seemed as if the Government are slowing down the unlocking arrangements for a few more weeks, so this may well go well into June before the matter is resolved one way or the other. I suspect the most we will get on Sunday is extended exercise and a family group being able to have a picnic provided they are well away from others, with a hope/aspiration to start schools in June. Where a football restart fits in with all that goodness knows

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

I suspect the most we will get on Sunday is extended exercise and a family group being able to have a picnic provided they are well away from others

Which is what a lot of people are already doing 

5 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

With the death rates still very high it seemed as if the Government are slowing down the unlocking arrangements for a few more weeks, so this may well go well into June before the matter is resolved one way or the other. I suspect the most we will get on Sunday is extended exercise and a family group being able to have a picnic provided they are well away from others, with a hope/aspiration to start schools in June. Where a football restart fits in with all that goodness knows

Wasnt expecting to see R go up even before we started to relax lockdown, long long way to go

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

This is broadly what is being reported. Unlimited walks and exercise with social distancing, but maybe also larger stores (like Argos but outside of Sainsbury's),  garden centres/nurseries (again managed entry and distancing) and maybe some guidance on wearing of masks (which BJ alluded to before buy not mentioned much since). Would be staggered if football is mentioned.

I had started to feel more confident that the virus was disappearing in community settings but I keep reading about footballers in Italy, Germany testing positive etc. I therefore think it is indeed true that it is a dangerous moment....that the country might be feeling a little complacent.

If the R0 rate reaches 1 by Saturday then Boris will have little room for changing anything except allowing a few things top open. I cannot see how any PM could be seen to be allowing any form of sport that involves bodily contact and its obvious risk to life to begin again.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This is broadly what is being reported. Unlimited walks and exercise with social distancing, but maybe also larger stores (like Argos but outside of Sainsbury's),  garden centres/nurseries (again managed entry and distancing) and maybe some guidance on wearing of masks (which BJ alluded to before buy not mentioned much since). Would be staggered if football is mentioned.

I had started to feel more confident that the virus was disappearing in community settings but I keep reading about footballers in Italy, Germany testing positive etc. I therefore think it is indeed true that it is a dangerous moment....that the country might be feeling a little complacent.

Agree sonyc. There seem some aholes who , just because they are bored/entitled/arrogant/selfish think they can/should go about their business pretty much as they did 2 months ago. Unfortunately some people are in financial hardship, and some businesses will not survive this period, BUT the alternative is potential  death. But doesn't mean that people cannot wait another couple of weeks or so, for a fookin Costa or a KFC.

The lockdown is still on. Who the **** do people think they are in going about these movements now, and yet a fortnight ago, when we were still on lockdown, they didn't? Everyone's an expert all of a sudden. Ffs, the rules are there, and people are that bloody thick,  that they pass the buck of responsibility to others, and cannot think for themselves

• Like 1