Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Delia as Campaign Leader

Recommended Posts

What is the general view on this topic as posted on today's pinkun website?

As a matter of context Delia did an interview with Sky Sports last November generally bemoaning the influence of money in football and the demise of Bury etc.

Is there a difference between talking then and talking now?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the club is maintaining a silence whilst all the EPL discussions and negotiation is ongoing. And I think this is the right thing to do, not to start "gobbing off" at this precise time about inequity / influence of money etc. It would be bad form and would backfire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a good point. Perhaps it would be a good idea to influence events behind closed doors then.

Better to be a leader than a follower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps a good point. Perhaps it would be a good idea to influence events behind closed doors then.

Better to be a leader than a follower.

Personally I think shes laughing behind her hand at anyone who bought shares  years  ago without any chance of dividend. 👍😉.

Thought I'd save you the bother. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, here. That is why I am so damn angry at Nil promotion bonus for shareholders and 25% for bondholders. That should never have happened and the relative risk is now clearly demonstrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this new found distaste for the adoration of money in football remain or will money regain the kingdom. Time will tell.

Will "essential workers" remain essential or will they be driven back down. Time will tell.

Will terms and conditions of bonds and investments be changed because people who didn't take part don't like the outcome. Time will tell.

Will money from people's investments be paid to people who made other investments in the past. Time will tell.

So many questions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Here, here. That is why I am so damn angry at Nil promotion bonus for shareholders and 25% for bondholders. That should never have happened and the relative risk is now clearly demonstrated. 

Brilliant!! Did you never see the  Andy William's show in the 70s, the Bear that knocked on his door,every show, asking for milk and cookies,  the answer was always the same.... " not now , not ever ", Slams door in Bears face. 

Try not giving away what you are getting at in first few responses, itll keep the suspense going 👍😂

Edited by wcorkcanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Will this new found distaste for the adoration of money in football remain or will money regain the kingdom. Time will tell.

Will "essential workers" remain essential or will they be driven back down. Time will tell.

Will terms and conditions of bonds and investments be changed because people who didn't take part don't like the outcome. Time will tell.

Will money from people's investments be paid to people who made other investments in the past. Time will tell.

So many questions...

But always  the same answer.....

" I doubt it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Delia is the perfect spokesperson.

She is respected greatly in the non football world. Funny that many of our own fans disrespect her. And she is respected among football itself. Forget Karen Brady and her slightly seedy club. Ours is the First Lady.

She has a very soft and pleasant speaking voice (forget ManC) and I am sure she wouldn't say anything she didn't believe unlike some of the snake like CEO's of clubs. It is a bit unfortunate it won't be a proper meeting as I guess they only get invited to speak on the platform they use. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delia is potentially a great spokesperson. But to be truly great you need to say the right things to the right people at the right time. 

Also if the wheel needs reinventing then fine but perhaps the best of us would do that without expecting reward for it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...but can you imagine the redtop headlines? 'Delia stirs the pot', 'Delia turns up the temperature', Delia is simmering', 'We are in the soup, says Delia', 'Delia curries favour with EPL' etc etc etc. and worse! How about 'Delia's recipe for salvation'?

It would be unbearable and would be met with quite a lot of sexist derision.

Stuart Webber would be a better club representative, but I am far from convinced that we are not playing our hand just right at present. What goes into the public domain is just lightweight quotes that do not really matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care whether it's Delia or Webber but I would be so proud if either of them just came out and said, "We are not prepared to put our players at risk so will not be taking part. Have the points. We will take relegation."

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, essex canary said:

What is the general view on this topic as posted on today's pinkun website?

As a matter of context Delia did an interview with Sky Sports last November generally bemoaning the influence of money in football and the demise of Bury etc.

Is there a difference between talking then and talking now?

 

 

 

 

 

I suppose I have to say I agree with the article seeing as how it was 'me Guv' that wrote the thing!

My intention was simple and that was to try and generate some high profile publicity in an attempt to stop the headlong rush to resume the season. The time for 'polite, discrete discussions behind closed doors' is over. If the Govt. have given the green light (which I suspect they have) then it will be decided at the PL 'meeting' next Monday.

As owner, Delia Smith is fairly unique in the PL. She is widely liked throughout the country (and importantly OUTSIDE of football also). She is viewed universally as a 'fan' first and foremost. As I mentioned, the national media would be all over this if she just picKed up the phone to BBC and ITV (not so sure about SKY!!). When she wants to she can talk with seriousness, passion and conviction. If anyone could relate the nonsense of this 'dash to the cash' when hundreds are still dying every day, she can. The hypocrisy, of course, is that there will be 'one rule for football' and different rules for the rest of us 'normal folk'. 

This whole business has received very little media coverage outside the 'back pages' and sports bulletins. It's not reached the main news stories for some reason. Smith could put rocket fuel under the groundswell of opinion which is very heavily against resumption in the format and timescale seemingly proposed. It would sure as hell put pressure on the PL and the so called 'Top Six'. Only takes one of them to blink and the whole thing collapses. Remember how the Scousers and Spurs backed off their 'furlough' announcements!

Like I said - OVER TO YOU DELIA!!!

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Here, here. That is why I am so damn angry at Nil promotion bonus for shareholders and 25% for bondholders. That should never have happened and the relative risk is now clearly demonstrated. 

As an ordinary shareholder i was not expecting a promotion bonus as there is no entitlement for that and i suspect you were the only one however bondholders were entitled as outlined in the terms and conditions before purchase.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All power to you Yellowrider. But there's no doubt in my mind if she does she will get slaughtered. And if she doesn't she will get slaughtered. I'd love it if she did. I'd love it if the upshot of this is that English football re-claimed it's soul that was sold in 1992. But if this message board is a barometer I'm in the minority. Except since the first week in March where morals about this seem to have changed. Do you think it will be a permanent change YR? Or do you think we'll soon return to thirsting for more and more money to go out of the game into the pockets of players and their agents. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather keep Delia well out of anything to be honest She would be bound to put her foot in it.

I think the club strategy at the moment is all with the possibility of litigation in mind. Refuse to play at this stage and it potentially provides the premier league with a defence if they try and relegate us based on an incomplete season. They can say we brought relegation on ourselves rather than it being arbitrarily forced upon us through an unfair decision on their part.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything she says against restarting would be dismissed as being 'self interest' as the owner of a club who is likely to go down.

For it to mean anything you really need a senior figure from one of the top clubs who aren't in danger of relegation to come out against restarting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I'd rather keep Delia well out of anything to be honest She would be bound to put her foot in it.

I think the club strategy at the moment is all with the possibility of litigation in mind. Refuse to play at this stage and it potentially provides the premier league with a defence if they try and relegate us based on an incomplete season. They can say we brought relegation on ourselves rather than it being arbitrarily forced upon us through an unfair decision on their part.

 

And so it will go on. Which is why things won't change.

We continually dance to a tune we say we hate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To TIL. You are correct about Terms and Conditions. If however you partner with Shareholders, it may be polite to consult them in advance about introducing a lower tier risk of investors with high rewards. Of course I accept that it doesn't matter much for people who invested £100 but it does for people who invested somewhat more. As a preference share holder for instance I was required to keep my money in for the duration at only 4.5%.

 At least the promotion enabled to take that element of it out which I did as a  reaction response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, king canary said:

Anything she says against restarting would be dismissed as being 'self interest' as the owner of a club who is likely to go down.

For it to mean anything you really need a senior figure from one of the top clubs who aren't in danger of relegation to come out against restarting.

This. Sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

I like to think of Blackadder and NCFC in the same breath. What role would you like Tom to play?

Useless tool can’t do much maybe doing a bit of Morris dancing during the premier league meetings ie the court jester 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, essex canary said:

To TIL. You are correct about Terms and Conditions. If however you partner with Shareholders, it may be polite to consult them in advance about introducing a lower tier risk of investors with high rewards. Of course I accept that it doesn't matter much for people who invested £100 but it does for people who invested somewhat more. As a preference share holder for instance I was required to keep my money in for the duration at only 4.5%.

 At least the promotion enabled to take that element of it out which I did as a  reaction response.

The bond was an unsecured investment. The terms were 5pc gross interest annually, with an additional 3pc gross in club credit. With a 25pc bonus to be paid if the club was promoted during the 5 year lifetime of the bond.

These conditions put many off. They said we were more likely to get relegated and lose all our money. 

Edited by nutty nigel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"To TIL. You are correct about Terms and Conditions"........Ethics Canary.

Not much to add to that, except that if things were the other way round and the Club wanted a bit more money for the shares you'd  already purchased ...youd be outraged.  You did a  deal.  Years later ,people did a different deal.  Why whinge?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

🎶🎶... a champagne superowner who hates skkkkkkky!🎶🎶

OTBC

A Carrowowner virus....."Some might say"....."Whatever".....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Champagne Socialist

I never understood the term "Champagne Socialist." I know that it is intended to be derogatory but can't see why? Is it because socialists are meant to be tea total (oh dear😬)? Or perhaps that they should drink Sekt, Prosecco or Cava instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...