Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

The terrifying story of Junior Samba

On a serious note I think it will unfortunately take a player dying from this disease for those that are in power to rethink.

This lad by all accounts was/is in a serious state and still they think it's ok to force a start.

The only way that the clubs etc can protect themselves is to ask players whether they are happy to play and sign something to say that they do, no club is going to force a player to play, no club can terminate contracts if a player refuses so it will come down to who is ok with putting themselves at risk which will affect the starting 11 and make some teams weaker in the process.

By the way if, as is claimed in some media fed stories today putting pressure on the bottom 6, the only club doctors who have raised queries/issues over player safety are from the bottom 6 clubs then you have to say it rather brings into question the integrity of the club doctors from the other 14 clubs. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Sarcasm is  the  lowest form of wit,  hence we adjust our wit to suit  our company. 

ie. You  Bilious. Now do you get it , or should I revert to single syllables  to help  you even more? 

Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage.

Back to the post.

Surely there is some humanity and fear among some footballers, not most of their owners or agents obviously, who would want to get together on Facetwat or Bookzoom and say to each other, they will still need us when this is over so why don't we say no thank you at the moment.

If it does go ahead, and if I were our players, I would bet as much as I can afford on us to lose every game. That will stuff your integrity you greedy, soulless bar stewards

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

By the way if, as is claimed in some media fed stories today putting pressure on the bottom 6, the only club doctors who have raised queries/issues over player safety are from the bottom 6 clubs then you have to say it rather brings into question the integrity of the club doctors from the other 14 clubs. 

Dont believe its just the bottom 6 and I thought I read something the other day about a letter from all 20.

What I've worked out with this is that most journalists are making stuff up, they have nothing else to do as there are no other stories so they create news, or as Donald would say 'fake news'

They all hint at stuff without actually saying anything, when its shown to be nonsense they claim that there source told them so they are not accountable!?

Some of the nonsense I've read over the last few weeks is actually laughable.

Do you think Doctors are immune from greed Jim. A guy called Shipman dispelled any doubts.

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Dont believe its just the bottom 6 and I thought I read something the other day about a letter from all 20.

What I've worked out with this is that most journalists are making stuff up, they have nothing else to do as there are no other stories so they create news, or as Donald would say 'fake news'

They all hint at stuff without actually saying anything, when its shown to be nonsense they claim that there source told them so they are not accountable!?

Some of the nonsense I've read over the last few weeks is actually laughable.

I would say its more than them just making stuff up. Some of them are clearly being briefed/fed stuff by the group of clubs who are most keen to re-start. Its very transparent and is attempting to paint the bottom 6 as the bad guys and bully the current bottom three into agreeing to play.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I would say its more than them just making stuff up. Some of them are clearly being briefed/fed stuff by the group of clubs who are most keen to re-start. Its very transparent and is attempting to paint the bottom 6 as the bad guys and bully the current bottom three into agreeing to play.

Whilst I accept that this is probably correct, let us not proclaim the high ground, I mostly want the season called off because of our current position. The clubs - and we all - have their (our) own positions and act to protect those interests.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Fair point, I was generalising a little 😂

Agree with the being fed stuff, but even with that they are sensationalising it to make more of it.

There was a story the other day about the bottom 6 and the only picture they showed was of us which then of course highlights us and makes it sound like we are the instigators.

This whole thing has made me be a real cynic when it comes to the press and media.

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Fair point, I was generalising a little 😂

Agree with the being fed stuff, but even with that they are sensationalising it to make more of it.

There was a story the other day about the bottom 6 and the only picture they showed was of us which then of course highlights us and makes it sound like we are the instigators.

This whole thing has made me be a real cynic when it comes to the press and media.

I suppose in fairness to them they have to write stuff and earn a living. There aren't many other genuine football stories about at the moment. 

I suppose in fairness to them they have to write stuff and earn a living. There aren't many other genuine football stories about at the moment. 

Trouble is Jim, it appears to me, seeing 60 years of football journalism, much is made up by "unknown sources believed to be close to the owner". And repetition of press conferences. The old journalist didn't speak to agents or owners. He certainly did have an insider in the club who was given the price of a drink now and again.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Do you think Doctors are immune from greed Jim. A guy called Shipman dispelled any doubts.

????????????    Non comprendez squire.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I have no idea, some guff about sarcasm which one now seems to be able to explain

have a read of the thread and maybe you can explain what they are on about

for my part it was a gentle did at Ricardo who had previously stated that the season would not be finished, - so no idea where the sarcasm was there

A gentle did...

Eh?

I was alluding to Harold Shipman murdering his patients for their money Ron. I think club doctors will wilt under pressure from their clubs. Remember Chelsea's doctor?

Has Bill deserted this post.

A little sarcasm there did you notice.

With the news that black folk are 4 times more likely to die than white folk from coronavirus or coronavirus related complications...

... Are there not currently lots of rich white football club owners, the same that make up the membership of the Premier League, pushing to put their black players at huge risk for profit?

I feel that it may be fair to point out that the proportion of black folk on the boards of the EPL, Sky TV and the 20 member clubs is unlikely to be very high, but the proportion of black players at the top level is substantial and the same is likely to apply in Germany.

I count 10 black players in the Crystal Palace squad, but no black people on their board of directors.

Newcastle have got 10, Arsenal have got 8. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Poor ol’ City 1st. He just doesn’t get it so we’re then all trapped in a endless Mad Hatters Tea Party.

Can it be much simpler ? 

1) OP puts up a post with a link which we read

2) Various posters comment in a jokey/sarcastic way that the article has nothing to do with money/integrity of football.

3) City 1st comes flying in at full throttle accusing various posters of some imaginary lack of consistency.

The various posters were joking FFS City 1st so if you can’t/won’t see that then don’t dig yourself into a bigger hole or you’ll end up an even bigger numpty than all the other numpties you seem to think infest this board 🤭

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 1

The only thing he omitted this morning were that all us posters were one and the same person.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I was alluding to Harold Shipman murdering his patients for their money Ron. I think club doctors will wilt under pressure from their clubs. Remember Chelsea's doctor?

Trying to forge the will of one of his victims got him caught, but  Shipman murdered hundreds of people without making any money. Nobody's really sure what was going on in his mind, but it certainly wasn't related to money. Not everything is.

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Trying to forge the will of one of his victims got him caught, but  Shipman murdered hundreds of people without making any money. Nobody's really sure what was going on in his mind, but it certainly wasn't related to money. Not everything is.

He ( Shipman, not Bill)had a ' God Complex' ...you dont need money when you are God. Eventually  he realised he was mortal and was scuppered by a mortal sin....Greed.

Bill has a superiority complex. He will be scuppered  when he realises his shoite stinks.....just like everybody elses.

Edited by wcorkcanary

10 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Have you ever considered that Internet forums may just not be for you?

Do give it some serious thought.

It crossed Pete’s mind I believe🤔

Shipman's last victim was Kathleen Grundy, who was found dead at her home on 24 June 1998. He was the last person to see her alive; he later signed her death certificate, recording "old age" as the cause of death. Grundy's daughter, lawyer Angela Woodruff, became concerned when solicitor Brian Burgess informed her that a will had been made, apparently by her mother; there were doubts about its authenticity. The will excluded Woodruff and her children, but left £386,000 to Shipman.

He would target elderly women and before murdering them would steal their jewellery. Some £10,000 worth of pinched pieces was discovered after his arrest stashed in his garage, and in 2005 - five years after he took his own life - his wife Primrose asked the police to return it all to her.

Obviously he wasn't solely a murderer for gain but did at times steal from his victims

5 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

3) City 1st comes flying in at full throttle accusing various posters of some imaginary lack of consistency.

And I'm supposed to be the one making this thread about me 😅

whereas it has been nothing but a free for all under the delusion that I was not aware that the posts previous were not completely  without some element of attempted levity

but that's water off a duck's back as far as it goes - though it is interesting to see who have felt the need to find some little used log in to express their outrage

for my part I have been out in the sun all day - I thought an extra bit of vitamin D might shake off this nasty cough

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

And I'm supposed to be the one making this thread about me 😅

whereas it has been nothing but a free for all under the delusion that I was not aware that the posts previous were not completely  without some element of attempted levity

but that's water off a duck's back as far as it goes - though it is interesting to see who have felt the need to find some little used log in to express their outrage

for my part I have been out in the sun all day - I thought an extra bit of vitamin D might shake off this nasty cough

I hope you didn’t exceed your one hour’s daily exercise. Oh dear. Dearie dearie me.

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I hope you didn’t exceed your one hour’s daily exercise. Oh dear. Dearie dearie me.

out most of the day would suggest that, however laying in the park reading a book might be thought not to be exercise - similarly shopping in Aldi, picking up some fence paint, collecting a prescription and going to the bank could be described as essential

just as going over the cut a friends lawn and hedge cut be a combination of both

or maybe this is just me failing to understand sarcasm 😊

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Shipman's last victim was Kathleen Grundy, who was found dead at her home on 24 June 1998. He was the last person to see her alive; he later signed her death certificate, recording "old age" as the cause of death. Grundy's daughter, lawyer Angela Woodruff, became concerned when solicitor Brian Burgess informed her that a will had been made, apparently by her mother; there were doubts about its authenticity. The will excluded Woodruff and her children, but left £386,000 to Shipman.

He would target elderly women and before murdering them would steal their jewellery. Some £10,000 worth of pinched pieces was discovered after his arrest stashed in his garage, and in 2005 - five years after he took his own life - his wife Primrose asked the police to return it all to her.

Obviously he wasn't solely a murderer for gain but did at times steal from his victims

The stolen items totalled a third of the items in his wife's jewellery box, & fetched £1700 at auction. Hardly a motive for killing hundreds of people, or do you really believe he murdered so many for what is a paltry sum for a man in his position? Sounds much more like keeping a memento of his crimes, as is sometimes the case with psychopaths.

Money is not the only motive for evil deeds.

I would have thought players would be horrified at the thought of taking this back to their families after a 6 week old baby has died today from Covid 19.

Not many of us are being asked to work next to colleagues who are subjecting you to their bodily fluids. We need to get rid of this disease and quickly. Even those who think it’s just the elderly and those with underlying symptoms that suffer should remember they will be old one day. People such as Chelsea Pensioners who fought for you to be able to have an opinion are now dying in their droves.

I've found myself posting and reading this forum a lot less since lockdown. Every time I come back, threads like this remind me why.