Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Anyone who went to a Press Gang Gig or photos of Same. Sentimental Request.

A bit O/T but thought i'd chance the wrath of the Board Police.

Tomorrow, the 7 th is the one year Anniversary of the unexpected passing of my Mother in Law, The Gal Liza, formerly of The Press Gang. If any board posters have any old bit of squit themselves that they could share with me, be it photos , recordings, whatever, i and my extended family would be very grateful. She was a wonderful Lady with an 'open kitchen' always welcoming to all callers. It seems that the PM facility is not working at the moment and as they were public performances i'd have no problem if any items were openly posted on here.

To our disgrace, we never collected her performances, so if anyone has anything at all of interest, we would be very grateful indeed.

many thanks in advance, Mr and Mrs WCorko.

9 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

A bit O/T but thought i'd chance the wrath of the Board Police.

Tomorrow, the 7 th is the one year Anniversary of the unexpected passing of my Mother in Law, The Gal Liza, formerly of The Press Gang. If any board posters have any old bit of squit themselves that they could share with me, be it photos , recordings, whatever, i and my extended family would be very grateful. She was a wonderful Lady with an 'open kitchen' always welcoming to all callers. It seems that the PM facility is not working at the moment and as they were public performances i'd have no problem if any items were openly posted on here.

To our disgrace, we never collected her performances, so if anyone has anything at all of interest, we would be very grateful indeed.

many thanks in advance, Mr and Mrs WCorko.

Corko, the Friends of Norfolk Dialect (F.O.N.D) were selling a DVD of the Press Gangs final performance at Cromer Pier, together with excerpts of shows at village halls. A quick Google resulted in a couple of old EDP articles including one regarding the aforementioned final performance which had a photo of the Press Gang.............

11 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Corko, the Friends of Norfolk Dialect (F.O.N.D) were selling a DVD of the Press Gangs final performance at Cromer Pier, together with excerpts of shows at village halls. A quick Google resulted in a couple of old EDP articles including one regarding the aforementioned final performance which had a photo of the Press Gang.............

Thanks Plastico, I saw that,half  their mixed ashes are being spread at eccles beach this morning , the other half being spread on the anniversary of his passing at the end of September  at a beauty  spot near to where we live.  

The Norfolk flag flies in W Cork in honour of a great lady 

IMG-20200507-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2

Update, contacted Keith Skipper he sent us a copy of "magic mardle "dvd which features both The Gal Liza and her husband John, my father in law.  Who incidentally  came up with the moniker FOND.  

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1