Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Etuhu was Good "apparentlY"

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~776722,00.html

Apparently Dixon etuhu had a good second half accordinfg to the official website. It also seems that we were as good as reading and had alot of goog chances in the second half, something the BBC didnt mention in their commentary. Apparently, etuhu was unluck 2 or 3 times, huckerby,jarret,  henderson, johansen and thorne all had good chances.

So it seems to me that we are creating opportunities and were unlucky to lose 4-0. We need to give Johansen time while he gets match fit and add Earnshaw to the squad (hopefully) and we should hopefully put these chances away.

I''m not saying we played well, the first half was shocking but 4-0 seems unfair and lets just hope we get a result on sunday. I need  to read some other reports on the game too see if the NCFC website is accurate.

Dont get me wrong, if we play badly on sunday with worthys newboys then i will be the 1st one calling for his head. Mystic Matt does have a good feeling about sunday, i reckon 3-1 with earnshaw 2 and Huckerby on the scoresheet.

What''s the point of Dixon being good in the second half when the game is already lost - what about the first 45 minutes. Doesn''t he know that the game starts in the first minute.

And as for being as good as Reading, how come they scored 4 goals and we scored none ?

from wrath of the barclay:Just got home

Utter ***ing disgrace. We were so bad Etuhu looked really good tonight. Huckerby was terrible, Henderson a ***ing joke, Green made two fantastic save but was caught out of position 3 times. Hughes - ****Jarrett - ****Thorne - lazy ****Charlton headless chickenNew JJ looked ok, bit lightweight but seemed to know how to find a yellow shirt - we''ll see how long that lasts.Reading were organised and always had a plan going forward. They could have had 7

Posted By: T 07 on January 31st 2006 at 23:07:04

Etuhu showed glimpses of why he has been signed, but in 1st half especially demonstrated why he is so frustrating. I was watching him, and he spends so much time watching the game by go around him. He only looks like he can be bothered when he actually has the ball. He was our only midfield player making forward runs (but only when he had the ball). At one point he was our most forward midfield player whilst we were defending, and then quickly became the deepest player when we were attacking. Has Worthy given him instructions, or is he really as lazy as this board would believe??? He showed that he has the potential to be good for us. I think he needs someone playing alongside him to wind him up a bit and to shout at him all the time. I tried but I don''t think he could here me above the continuous Reading goal celebrationsCrying [:''(]

[quote user="westoncanary."]He was good, and was unlucky not to score twice.  With better finishing we should have had at least 3 or 4 goals last night.[/quote]

and if reading had had equivalent finishing to our 3 or 4 they would have got 8 or 9.

So we created some chances when 3 nil down???   and fluffed th lot of them

No. We created chances in the 1st half as well,  I know you hate Worthy & are angry kid in disguise, but when we got the ball down we did open them up. Coppell said as much in his post match interview.

and one when we were 1-0 down to I recall: that might have changed the nature of the first half (although I doubt it)

Not defending the team as we were brushed aside, but constant swiping at players like Etuhu will achieve nothing. He IS frustrating, but was the only midfiled player to show anything going forward at all.

Interesting reading all your thoughts on Etuhu. Alot seem to have it in for him. Last night was the first time Ive seen him play and I thought he looked OK and doesnt deserve the criticism he gets.

I feel given a chance with a good partner (Safri) he could do weel for us.

It was so obvious from the start that a Midfield three of Charlie, Etutu and Hughes were not up to it. Charlie looks so out of his depth in midfield.

Jarrett should have started or even Rehman in the centre with Etuhu in a four man midfield.

open them up? My backside.   Reading had acres of space on the break and most of the time made good use of it. We were scrambling for the ball for most of the game and they marked us much tighter.  As for Etuhu, he looks incredibly lazy.  Beyond comprehension sometimes.  Yes in the second have he was playing some useful balls and getting forward for some golden but squandered oportunities, but as has been mentioned, one half is not enough.  Man of Match for me by a mile was Mcveigh but bar that we were terrible.  Didnt see a player who was going to do anything.  As for the chances we had, they were 90% when we were 3 or 4 down.  rubbish. Worthy get out. 

Matt

Have to say Etuhu was quite good at some points in the match,

unbelievably frustrating at others tho.  Hucks had a really wierd

game, looked like he was trying to be defensive, not somthing that

really suits him.

[quote user="shropshire canary"]

and one when we were 1-0 down to I recall: that might have changed the nature of the first half (although I doubt it)

Not defending the team as we were brushed aside, but constant swiping at players like Etuhu will achieve nothing. He IS frustrating, but was the only midfiled player to show anything going forward at all.

[/quote]

SNIPING at Etuhu???  I just posted someones match report.....  And as it happens I think that probably was his best match for us!!  :-)  shame we got slaughtered 4 nil

Quick view from a Reading STH.I thought Etuhu was your best player last night. He was the only one who really got stuck in, and with his size our middle two found him a little difficult to content with at times. Like most of your team he looked a lot better going forward than backwards.I would be more worried about your back 4 if I were you. There were shocking. Doherty was unbelievably lucky to still be on the pitch after 5 mins, he quite clearly hauled down Doyle who was clear on goal. Mind you that was the closest he got to Doyle all night. For our third he got turned inside and out so much he was still running the other way when it went in.I think 4-0 flattered us, on another night you would have had a goal or two. Good luck against Ipswich on Sunday.

[quote user="Royal Fleet"]Quick view from a Reading STH.

I thought Etuhu was your best player last night. He was the only one who really got stuck in, and with his size our middle two found him a little difficult to content with at times. Like most of your team he looked a lot better going forward than backwards.

I would be more worried about your back 4 if I were you. There were shocking. Doherty was unbelievably lucky to still be on the pitch after 5 mins, he quite clearly hauled down Doyle who was clear on goal. Mind you that was the closest he got to Doyle all night. For our third he got turned inside and out so much he was still running the other way when it went in.

I think 4-0 flattered us, on another night you would have had a goal or two.

Good luck against Ipswich on Sunday.
[/quote]

I agree mate - hopefully he will continue this form, and that wasnt the 1 good match in 15 that preston fans say he has......

Living 10 miles from reading and working with reading fans who were at the game like myself also thought  dickson Etuhu was are best player Mcveigh played well i was surprised when he was subbed,  JJ looked ok would have liked him on earlier

We had some good chances on another day would have went in, but that seems to be our luck frustrating thing for me was the Bl**dy Hoofing when we keep it on the floor we played ok

Hughes full of running but in the wrong direction mostly

Anyway i have been completely hammered by all these reading fans taking the p**s

I Have told them that was not the norwich side we are used to seeing and normal side will resume service on sunday @ 11:15Embarrassed [:$]

It seems that Etuhu is the new Francis, just as Jarrett is the new Darel Russell. I once saw a Russell shot from 8 yards that went for a throw-in.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

It seems that Etuhu is the new Francis, just as Jarrett is the new Darel Russell. I once saw a Russell shot from 8 yards that went for a throw-in.

[/quote]

How about "Dickson Etuhu is a poor man''s Damien Francis" I reckon that sounds about right

Hey Tadley Yellow, im at uni in Reading and my bf lives in Tadley, had

to get the bus back from the Majedski with all the Reading fans last

night, and been in lectures with them today, so i sympathise, its not

fun!

Fingers crossed for sun to be so much better, a win against ''them'' and yesterday and all the mocking that followed is forgiven.

On the basis that he cost a lot less than we sold Francis for, then yes, he''s the poor man''s Francis. But Francis was rubbish most of the time, except when he got a sniff of glory, when his poor touch often let him down. I think Etuhu may be better than that... I hope.

Dickson did make some good runs forward yesterday and was the most likely midfielder to score - but that was after Reading had the three points sewn up and they were mixed in with poor passing and a lack of effort;  he was the best midfielder we had but still was not good.

Yes we had some chances weston but we were seriously out classed and reading took their foot off the gas once they went two nil up, we had one effort on target in the first half and Big Marcus had only 1 save to make in the second, when we did create 3/4 efforts against a team that is already booking at their promotion party.  

Don''t blame dicko, blame the tactician.Safri is the only city player capable of playing the centre midfielder of 3 role, where he has sits and dominates at will.  without him, the system can''t work.dicko is a up and down box to box player, as he showed last night, and make no mistake the goals will come - he will be as good as francis was in his prime, given time and confidence and playing alongside a decent partner like safs, whi can cover for him.dicko was patently not suited to his role last night, and becuase we didn''t dominate the centre the left and right sides of midfield were exposed, allowing little to create chances at will on the right wing especially.