Sign in to follow this  
marinersawan

Grim experiences - home

Wolves 1980

FA cup 4th round replay - back in the days when the fans still thought it meant something - and we had a bumper crowd; I think people were moved from the River End to the normally empty pen of the Barclay. And we lost 3-2.

But then in the league, shortly afterwards - we lost 4-0 at home. I'm sure we've had more shameful performances, but I was disgusted by that one. 

Remember those Wolves games also. We took a beating

Also 4-0 at home to Wimbledon

Colchester anyone?

1-0 at home to a crap Charlton (Roeder manager if I remember correctly)

Leicester 3-2 to send us down in 81

That's off the top of my head!

One of the obvious ones . Norwich 1 Colchester 7 , 2009 .

To make it even worse it was a big day for our family . My 9 year old youngest son’s first game as a season ticket holder , same as me and his older brother ! He was so excited ! I’d promised him it would be a great season and we’d do really well , starting with Colchester .He’d saved up and bought himself a new shirt .  The tears started welling up as the fourth and fifth went in , he tried hard but couldn’t hold them back when six and seven hit the back of the net . I felt so awful for him , although felt like crying myself too . Anyway , we all know what a happy ending there was ...... He’s had a season ticket every season since . 

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 2

My sister lives in Cornwall and I took the opportunity to visit when we were playing at Plymouth. It was in the Roeder days and we lost 3-0. It was the worst performance I've ever seen from a Norwich team. 

My sister was good friends with the girlfriend of David Norris who played for Plymouth at the time so we went into the players lounge afterwards. I got the first round and just as I finished ordering David turned up. I said that must have been the quickest shower ever. 

"I didn't need a shower" was his reply. 

When we went in to the lounge before the game Roeder was watching Newcastle play Sunderland on tv. It was about 45 minutes before kick off. Just about summed him up 

Edit this should have been in the away thread. Sorry! 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Aren’t we supposed to be looking after each other’s mental health? This really isn’t helping 😁

• Haha 2

Charlton? Cup game which ended up being roeders last game. 

A game against sheff utd under worthy. Can't remember much except they scored early. Ullathorne was playing for them and was mouthy trying to get our players booked. The biggest cheer was for an announcement that the train to Sheffield had been cancelled. 

A no brainer - Colchester.

For a positive spin, is it record to turn around by 11 goals for the return fixture?