Sign in to follow this  
pete

13 for 6 against 1 dissenter

It’s getting more and more pathetic now. One idea being considered is games may not be 45 minutes each half

Well one thing about reading that latest snippet is that there remain "lots of possibilities". That's good! It had seemed to mbe running away with itself. 

Needless to say playing shortened matches is ludicrous.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Well one thing about reading that latest snippet is that there remain "lots of possibilities". That's good! It had seemed to mbe running away with itself. 

Needless to say playing shortened matches is ludicrous.

If they made it 40 mins ball in play, I'd be in favour.  Players'd want a pay rise  though. Little darlings would  be knackered. 

21 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree Purple - there needs to be more focus on this and yet it seems to be ignored. The EFL are just keeping their heads down, hoping the prem will sort relegation at which point I am convinced they will just promote Leeds and WBA and hold playoffs because they are making no serious effort to plan their own return.

Jim, in terms of the poitics of the thing this would be a useful ploy for the Six or however many it is to use - to say that they would (grudgingly) accept relegation if the Championship  was played out to a proper finish, as above, but absolutely not otherwise.

In that case then the obvious solution would either be to ignore the Championship and have no promotion, or to expand the PL for one season. The latter presumably being something these overmighty (or perhaps not as mighty as they once were) TV companies would like.

Would it help if they had jumpers for goalposts also? It may help in the containment of the virus. All it would need is an honest goalkeeper, to judge if shots went in, or over  the 'bar'. The player's Mums could take it in turns to be the arbiter of time (they could bring their own spoons and pans to bang), thereby cutting down on essential staff at the games. 

• Haha 2

“No clearing of airways”??? I had to check if this tweet was from a parody account.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

“No clearing of airways”??? I had to check if this tweet was from a parody account.

Yes if a player clears their airways and spits it’s a booking

What a load of contrived piffle. Just asking for a legal challenge if relegation is based on this.

So the now want to mess with the actual laws of the game not just the logistics of when and where it will be played. Just feckin marvellous !

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So the now want to mess with the actual laws of the game not just the logistics of when and where it will be played. Just feckin marvellous !

Ah...but it's the integrity of the game that is most important 

• Haha 1

Lets just play it out on Fifa20, have to put forward a different player for each game.  The whole situation is getting more and more farcical by the day.

Every single protagonist should be saying that player safety is the most important consideration. Of course it is - a couple of player deaths and football would be scarred forever, reputationally and financially.

But they are not - in all cases all they seem interested in is self interest. 

And football without crowds is not football. We might as well play FIFA 20 - in fact it might be preferable as there would be no risk to health.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JF said:

There is a very real risk here that we get relegated, Leeds or WBA get promoted without actually earning it and then a "re-set" takes place with us in the championship that leaves us further separated from the riches of the premier league. 

I really do not see how EFL clubs can take legal action over being denied promotion if they cannot finish their season. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

There is a very real risk here that we get relegated, Leeds or WBA get promoted without actually earning it and then a "re-set" takes place with us in the championship that leaves us further separated from the riches of the premier league. 

I really do not see how EFL clubs can take legal action over being denied promotion if they cannot finish their season. 

I hope Norwich have already got their lawyers all over this. This summer is going to be messy. I see no way we should go down to a team that hasn’t finished their season. Parry is being an absolute mug if he thinks teams like Fulham ect will accept Leeds and West Brom being promoted on ppg. The legal action will come from all angles on that 

13 minutes ago, JF said:

Parry is correct over the need for a reset in financial disparity but it won't happen- you're asking for teams at the top to give more and they just won't.

3 minutes ago, JF said:

I hope Norwich have already got their lawyers all over this. This summer is going to be messy. I see no way we should go down to a team that hasn’t finished their season. Parry is being an absolute mug if he thinks teams like Fulham ect will accept Leeds and West Brom being promoted on ppg. The legal action will come from all angles on that 

Plus the logic of what Parry is saying is that clubs will be relegated from the Championship and League One without having played a full season. Hard to see them not talking to lawyers.

• Like 2

Just now, JF said:

Agreed. Parry needs to work out how he's completing the EFL seasons before  issuing threats. The cases of team not promoted will be weaker than those kicked out of a league that went unfinished.

Leaving the relegated teams with only a few weeks to prepare themselves for the 20/21 season will be a nightmare as well. I believe we are moving closer to relegation being scrapped

It’s astonishing that they are bandying garbage about the ‘integrity of the game’ -  then suggesting playing in empty grounds, at neutral venues, presumably with no VAR (which has cost us but was an overriding rule change this season), more subs allowed, and now with shorter games and possibly with players in masks?!

WTAF. 

Just where is the ‘integrity’ in changing almost everything fundamental about a competition 3/4 of the way through? 

Edited by Branston Pickle

I presume people have seen the Leeds fans who are playing the emotional card that the likes of us are using the Covid as a ready made reason to duck out of relegation and yet conveniently forget that they completely disintegrated , last season, in a similar position to where they find them selves now. They act like their season has finished and they must be declared champions now.

Parry now saying ppg is a viable way of finishing leagues 

Edited by JF

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I presume people have seen the Leeds fans who are playing the emotional card that the likes of us are using the Covid as a ready made reason to duck out of relegation and yet conveniently forget that they completely disintegrated , last season, in a similar position to where they find them selves now. They act like their season has finished and they must be declared champions now.

Yes there are hundreds all over every post on Twitter, I just block them!

They will all be in Boris and Hancock's ears at the moment. PPE, PPG some might still be claiming PPI. Integrity, goodwill, contracts, furloughing top ups, safety and decisions.

This lot are making the Mafia look like a Credit Union.

Parry has now officially cast doubt on the viability of next seasons EFL starting 

39 minutes ago, JF said:

Parry has now officially cast doubt on the viability of next seasons EFL starting 

So he wants teams to be relegated from the Premier League and into an abyss where there's no football? Good luck with that one. All three relegated teams would go bust.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Preserving the integrity of football = Dirty Filthy Lucre.....with a large percentage of Avarice thrown in......

• Like 1