JF

Germany’s return is going well....

2 hours ago, T said:

Im also entirely happy to leave it there but I’m used to having to explaining things to people who find concepts difficult to grasp.

Are you and City 1st the same person ?

If only the rest of the world was as perfect as you.....

27 minutes ago, pete said:

Lost the will to live reading this chain of posts but would like to bring attention to the post named Junior Samba a fit, footballer who is seriously ill after contracting Covid 19. 

That is why they need to be tested and quarantined for two weeks before playing. There will always be some risk though. Stopping society completely  until of and and when a vaccine is available is not an option. So in the meantime we have to test trace and isolate and take mitigating actions as a society. 

38 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Are you and City 1st the same person ?

If only the rest of the world was as perfect as you.....

No and definitely no. As you are asking are you racist, fat or ill informed or of a sensitive disposition  otherwise I see no reason to get agitated by robust argument. Just against racism and extremism which I know upsets the parochial.  And happen to have read about this particular topic because I can understand German that is all rather than commenting on emotion and reading a headline in the Daily Mail. 

Edited by T

2 hours ago, T said:

No and definitely no. As you are asking are you racist, fat or ill informed or of a sensitive disposition  otherwise I see no reason to get agitated by robust argument. Just against racism and extremism which I know upsets the parochial.  And happen to have read about this particular topic because I can understand German that is all rather than commenting on emotion and reading a headline in the Daily Mail. 

I think me asking whether you were City 1st can be seen to be a joke but when you say, " I'm used to having to explain(ing) to people who find concepts difficult to grasp " it does make you sound insufferably superior.

As you were asking I'm a baby boomer which by definition must make me racist in some peoples eyes, my BMA isn't in the red zone and I try to keep up with current affairs and discussions without bursting into tears when someone disagrees with me.

Am I right in thinking you have lots of acquaintances rather than friends and get invited to parties heaving with statisticians and serious but rather humourless types ?

Oh, and I don't read the Daily Mail headlines except occasionally on here.

22 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I think me asking whether you were City 1st can be seen to be a joke but when you say, " I'm used to having to explain(ing) to people who find concepts difficult to grasp " it does make you sound insufferably superior.

As you were asking I'm a baby boomer which by definition must make me racist in some peoples eyes, my BMA isn't in the red zone and I try to keep up with current affairs and discussions without bursting into tears when someone disagrees with me.

Am I right in thinking you have lots of acquaintances rather than friends and get invited to parties heaving with statisticians and serious but rather humourless types ?

Oh, and I don't read the Daily Mail headlines except occasionally on here.

It is also insufferable when people who think they are superior refuse to grasp a point normally because the are racist islamophobic or extremist yet you chose to make personal attacks on me rather rather these people. I wonder why this is so.

Clearly the point completely passed you by because you obviously didn’t grasp the meaning or the target. I’m not the one who thinks that I’m superior to the German government or the RKI who have studied this topic as others on here do without clearly understandIng statistics or having read the local news report on this topic so I agree with your point but if you think that your clearly missed my point and aimed it at the wrong people 

i have absolutely no personal interest in your status and I don’t know why I think you should. I was mocking your personal attack but clearly you didn’t grasp that point either. 

yes i studied some statistics at University so I understand the topic so I know others are talking nonsense but it seems mocking a very important subject because people don’t understand it is some kind of badge of honour. 

And my friends from around the world are smart enough to get my sense of humour unlike some. 

And yes a headline in the Daily Mail seems to constitute knowledge to some as far as the year concerned. 

Why do you post on here T ?

You're clearly wasting your time trying to educate the simple cave-dwellers.

I expect yesterday's VE Day celebrations were pretty low key in your neck of the woods but I do hope you managed to give our national flag a quick wave when no one was looking.🤨

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes it is frustrating sometimes when  you have actually studied and read a story.and other clearly and understandable haven’t 🙂  I’m only reporting what the RKI has said and don’t have a particular view  and I’m certainly not perfect enough or superior enough to think that I know better than the RKI unlike others on here. 

VE took over most of the news in an extended news addition actually. Important to remember the lessons and dangers of nationalism and respect all those who died on all sides because of nationalism So sad so many are nationalists and don’t respect that memory. I  don’t particularly seek being mocked over the stupidity of Boris Brexit and the England football team so not a lot of waving.

Nationalism should be reserved for the sporting arena as far as I’m concerned. Never thought I would say it but given all that has happened in the UK and the way the UK has treated immigrants and emigrants I’m not sure I will pass the Tebbit test anymore. 

And there is me thinking you might have learnt something over these last few years T. How wrong was I, giving you the benefit of the doubt? 🤦‍♂️

Plus, you obviously still have that cheap phone. I thought you would have upgraded that by now.

1st real problem for the return of football in Germany. Dynamo Dresden’s entire team has been ordered into 14 day quarantine by the local health authority after two new positive tests, they already had one player in quarantine. They were supposed to be playing this Saturday 

Edited by JF

7 minutes ago, JF said:

1st teal problem for the return of football in Germany. Dynamo Dresden’s entire team has been ordered into 14 day quarantine by the local health authority after two new positive tests, they already had one player in quarantine. They were supposed to be playing this Saturday 

Inevitable this sort of thing was going to happen.

I agree  ... this kind of thing will happen. In such a truncated end of season (effectively a mini tournament to finalise positions), it will cause a disproportionate interruption in terms of the completion of games.

Probably worth pointing out that different regions in Germany are implying different rules so 3 positive tests here has resulted in the whole team being quarantined but that’s not the same across all the teams in the league. Comes down to local governments 

21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Inevitable this sort of thing was going to happen.

Yes that is why they are tetsign and isolating

38 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

And there is me thinking you might have learnt something over these last few years T. How wrong was I, giving you the benefit of the doubt? 🤦‍♂️

Plus, you obviously still have that cheap phone. I thought you would have upgraded that by now.

I've learnt a lot from working in different countries actually. It's a very cheap phone. It's free. Sometimes I even remember which language keyboard to use but not often. 

5 minutes ago, T said:

I've learnt a lot from working in different countries actually. It's a very cheap phone. It's free. Sometimes I even remember which language keyboard to use but not often. 

To quote from a previous post;

Clearly the point completely passed you by because you obviously didn’t grasp the meaning

18 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

To quote from a previous post;

Clearly the point completely passed you by because you obviously didn’t grasp the meaning

Or chose to ignore the point. Personally lock down has been great because it is has given me a chance to learn a lot of new things but I see there a lot on here who are stuck in their believes and therefore their mind is closed and they never learn anything. And the UK has a lot to learn that much should be clear from the crisis

Whether the Bundesliga experiment works out I don’t know but obviously absolutely right to quanta time teams with positive tests and this was always the plan. The alternative to risk mitagation is just to give up which is not particularly constructive. 

aI have learnt that xenophobics are very anxious people and scared of things that are unknown and different. 

6 minutes ago, T said:

Or chose to ignore the point. Personally lock down has been great because it is has given me a chance to learn a lot of new things but I see there a lot on here who are stuck in their believes and therefore their mind is closed and they never learn anything. And the UK has a lot to learn that much should be clear from the crisis

Whether the Bundesliga experiment works out I don’t know but obviously absolutely right to quanta time teams with positive tests and this was always the plan. The alternative to risk mitagation is just to give up which is not particularly constructive. 

aI have learnt that xenophobics are very anxious people and scared of things that are unknown and different. 

Quarantining teams wasn’t part of the plan. Quarantining players that tested positive was. The whole team being quarantined is a local authority decision so isn’t a decision across the board. If every team in every league has to quarantine for 14 days when they record positive tests then no league has any chance of completing 

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

If I was as intellectually superior as T clearly (thinks he) is, I wouldn't spend my time discussing it on a Norwich forum where, incidentally, he very rarely if ever discussed Norwich.

If it helps inflate the ego then great, but I dont see how being condescending to the extent that him and City 1st is will ever deliver the message they want it to, even if they happen to be correct.

4 minutes ago, T said:

But some of your old habits just can't be shaken off though. Lol

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Quarantining teams wasn’t part of the plan. Quarantining players that tested positive was. The whole team being quarantined is a local authority decision so isn’t a decision across the board. If every team in every league has to quarantine for 14 days when they record positive tests then no league has any chance of completing 

There are certain journos now claiming that Dresden have done this simply because they are bottom.

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

There are certain journos now claiming that Dresden have done this simply because they are bottom.

Quick, ring the EDP

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

As in deliberately had their players infected with the Virus??? That’s a seriously strong and probably liable accusation!

Edited by JF

7 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

and the question still holds - if football can so easily source these tests then why can't the UK government I

still don't care where the tests come from, they would be better used testing frontline medical staff. Argue all you like against me or anyone else, you know this true.

you don't seem too bright

so I shall explain this as simply as I can .........................

there is not a finite number of tests - which would mean whatever football takes lessens the number for other users

football will simply order them, and they will be made - just as the UK ordered PPE from Turkey and it was made..... to order

if football did not order them, they would not exist

it is that simple - rather like you unkind folk might think

15 minutes ago, T said:

Whereas you appear to be suffering from sophomenia......a pseudo polymath......(In Layman's terms...you're a Walter Mitty).....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JF said:

Yes sure you don’t want it to happen but the football plan is a subset of the government plan and was always subject to German government approval. and the German overall plan.   It was always reported as I’ve said as  a plan that potentially might work with no guarantees. Plausible and conceivable are the words used. The plan has always been to gradually lift restrictions and then reimpose them locally if there are any outbreaks so a targeted rather broad brush approach. The alternative though is just to give up. But of course people would know all of this if they had actually read the German news which I suspect they haven’t given the generally abysmal UK foreign language skills. So people are arguing their point without ever actually having read what has been said but please feel free to point out to me the original news reports if you have read any additional original reports that add additional info I’ve not seen otherwise you are talking from a position from what might have been said rather than actually was said. 

21 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Sounds like a plan. If we fail to win either of our first two games after restart, we can just tell our players to go and lick some door handles at the N&N.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T said:

Yes sure you don’t want it to happen but the football plan is a subset of the government plan and was always subject to German government approval. and the German overall plan.   It was always reported as I’ve said as  a plan that potentially might work with no guarantees. Plausible and conceivable are the words used. The plan has always been to gradually lift restrictions and then reimpose them locally if there are any outbreaks so a targeted rather broad brush approach. The alternative though is just to give up. But of course people would know all of this if they had actually read the German news which I suspect they haven’t given the generally abysmal UK foreign language skills. So people are arguing their point without ever actually having read what has been said but please feel free to point out to me the original news reports if you have read any additional original reports that add additional info I’ve not seen otherwise you are talking from a position from what might have been said rather than actually was said. 

Absolute tool...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It seems I am correct then that you opining on something that you have never actually read or watched and therefore don’t know what you are talking about so can only resort to being aggressive and abusive. But please feel free to get back to me when you have read the local news reports  Not very big or clever. Is it to abuse to someone for actually having read about a subject because it conflicts with your unsupported suppositions. 

Edited by T