JF

Germany’s return is going well....

Regardless of the above. I might get it I might not. It doesn't matter. 

But what you are doing is just criticising people generally and achieves sod all. 

Why would you call people fat on a forum? It makes no sense. 

I've 3 questions for you. Please please respond. 

What is your profession?

What makes you feel that you can constantly critisise the UK?

Who on here are you calling racist etc... 

I’m posting here in a private capacity and would never associate with work for professional reasons. I’ve explained in more detail when previously asked and they’ve understood 

secondly because people are dying 

Thirdly again I’ve explained before all the research is that humans are inherently biologically racist for survival reasons so everyone but some clearly decide to act on these emotions and express hard right xenophobic and islamophobic views. Immigration was a key topic in Brexit which doesn’t stand up to scrutiny as we can clearly see in this crisis. I think it is up to individuals to decide for who is a ring  racially but if you are saying racism isn’t a problem in society and on here then I think you are being naive quite frankly. There a lot of people getting hung up on the German comparison for a start because it’s Germany rather than what is important is what are the lessons we can learn. 

25 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

May I suggest to you as the resident pseudo-intellectual Deutschland Oracle. That you learn to spell big boy pant wearing (lederhosen) words like 'economics' and 'making'.....Vielen Dank....

He'll blame his cheap phone again (He did a few years back). 

Which countries are you visiting again, next month T? 

Do Germany have more fat people than the UK?

Look at world news

Follow quality news sources with different points of view 

listen to what different experts have to say

Read up on basic economics risk theory and decision making

Exercise

eat a healthy diet 

learn a foreign language

interact with people from other countries and cultures 

Yes, I do, so does that mean I get it also?

Is there harm in stating your profession? I missed the previous explanations. 

Your critisim is of the general public and UK citizens. Why do you feel you can do this. 

I know racism in society is an issue I see it and experience all the time. You have accused people of it on here, I was wondering who you are referring to. 

No one is hung up from what I can see on the comparison at all. That's just you. 

28 minutes ago, C Goodenough said:

Regardless of the above. I might get it I might not. It doesn't matter. 

But what you are doing is just criticising people generally and achieves sod all. 

Why would you call people fat on a forum? It makes no sense. 

I've 3 questions for you. Please please respond. 

What is your profession?

What makes you feel that you can constantly critisise the UK?

Who on here are you calling racist etc... 

Oh look T, history repeating itself.

Thirdly again I’ve explained before all the research is that humans are inherently biologically racist for survival reasons so everyone but some clearly decide to act on these emotions and express hard right xenophobic and islamophobic views. Immigration was a key topic in Brexit which doesn’t stand up to scrutiny as we can clearly see in this crisis. I think it is up to individuals to decide for who is a ring  racially but if you are saying racism isn’t a problem in society and on here then I think you are being naive quite frankly. There a lot of people getting hung up on the German comparison for a start because it’s Germany rather than what is important is what are the lessons we can learn. 

Immigration isn't racism,. Who, on here,  says racism isn't a problem in society? It is in the UK and it is in Germany.
You're saying stuff to suit your agenda. 

Like I said before, and you still don't admit it. It is NOT about the Germans or the country (no body on here has said anything to the contrary, unless you can name and shame) , it's about YOU, but, again, that doesn't suit your rhetoric

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Like 1

I have a strange feeling that T is currently p1ssing him or her self . I’m guessing a WUM of the highest order with clearly nothing better to do . I do have a sneaking question of whether T and City 1st are ever seen together but that’s just a fleeting thought . I’d give them both equal credibility. 

I‘m going to park T in the harmless idiot category and maybe suggest that we all do the same . It’s a bit of a pain trawling through all the nonsense to read something helpful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, T said:

I’m posting here in a private capacity and would never associate with work for professional reasons. I’ve explained in more detail when previously asked and they’ve understood 

secondly because people are dying 

You're probably an alter ego of someone on this forum....You're probably still smarting from losing the Brexit vote and like others of your ilk, still want your pound of flesh....You're probably rather portly, probably sad, sour and single, probably rent a local bed-sit and drive a 20 year old Citroen Saxo....and you probably have a dour dead-end job as employment.....Oh, and you probably live on pizza, burger & chips, fat coke and you would literally fade to dust without Deliveroo.....Yom Yom you're a WUM....

Regards, Mello Yello Victoria Cross, Neuro Surgeon, Fighter Pilot, Entrepreneur, Self made Multi-Millionaire, Ladies Man, OBE, Designer of the Wankel rotary engine, Astronaut and so many other things.....That I probably aren't.....    

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I have a strange feeling that T is currently p1ssing him or her self . I’m guessing a WUM of the highest order with clearly nothing better to do . I do have a sneaking question of whether T and City 1st are ever seen together but that’s just a fleeting thought . I’d give them both equal credibility. 

I‘m going to park T in the harmless idiot category and maybe suggest that we all do the same . It’s a bit of a pain trawling through all the nonsense to read something helpful. 

You are right GPB, I am as guilty as any, but it's been going on for a few years now. 

(S)he so wants to be taken seriously but still hasn't learnt how to interact, even after all this time, so his/her age/ability/thought process must be questioned, which a lot on here are doing. I don't feel that City 1st and T are the same, because it would take a special type of stupid to deliberately insert numerous grammatical errors for such a sustained period, to try and deflect that theory.

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Like 1

T is certainly a WUM. I think he lives in Germany and is so wedded to the EU way of life that he cannot forgive the UK voting to leave. That’s why he abuses us as fat (unfortunately probably true compared to others in the EU), racist (as if wanting control of national borders is racist) and ill-educated (even though he cannot spell correctly in some of his posts). He thinks Germany is so wonderful that he probably believes that we, to paraphrase Lappinitup, wish we were Germany.

If anyone went onto a German (or Spanish or Italian) forum and said they were fat, racist and stupid what conclusion would be drawn? They would be quite rightly shot down in flames and put in their place. I hope T is a WUM because the alternative is very unpleasant.

6 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

If anyone went onto a German (or Spanish or Italian) forum and said they were fat, racist and stupid what conclusion would be drawn? They would be quite rightly shot down in flames and put in their place. I hope T is a WUM because the alternative is very unpleasant.

WUM....Keith Scott?

Edited by sonyc

56 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I do not believe so at all. Whatever one thinks about his posts, and there is a great deal one might think, T is entirely serious in what he says.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Canary said:

Begins with x and ends in enophobic?

45 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I do not believe so at all. Whatever one thinks about his posts, and there is a great deal one might think, T is entirely serious in what he says.

Depressingly, I agree with this view.

The UK has one of the worst CV 19 death records in the world  That isn’t coming from me but the statisticians  

The majority of UK adults are fat due to poor diet and lack of exercise. and is a major problem in the UK leading to high rates of heart Disease and diabetes and lCovid 19  deaths. This doesn’t come from me but medical authorities  And it is reported Boris recognised it made his condition worse and wants to bring measures to improve health  

The UK did vote for Brexit against the common consensus of Economists  The UK did. prepare for Brexit rather than a pandemic per a emergency planning professor  The UK didn’t and still doesn’t have PPE in place  The UK didn’t and still hasn’t test trace and isolate place  Immigration was a major part of the case for Brexit  Boris and Raab have highlighted the importance of immigrants and key workers in this crisis   Racism is a known biological trait  People have being making xenophobic and islamophobic comments and never ever being able to come up with a practical logical rational evidence based argument for Brexit which has been main focus of last few years  

So if you have a problem with what I’m saying you should bring it up with the statisticians , the doctors and nurses, the key workers and the economists and experts in general because I’m merely reporting what they are saying. I’m only  the messenger boy pointing out reality.   instead of attacking people for highlighting problems you would be better off acknowledging them and dealing with them because the first stage is acceptance that you have a problem. Im not sure how many deaths you will tolerate before you accept that the UK has issues it should deal with for your own good. I want better for the UK but it seems others would rather deny and not deal with the problems. 

12 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Not going to comment on the racist or stupid elements, but to be fair, the obesity is just a factual criticism. We are the fattest country in Europe (outside of Turkey, where one of their sayings [genuinely] is "A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony")

obese.jpg

11 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Begins with x and ends in enophobic?

Yep, there is no doubt about that, a lot of the reflections on the U.K. have some truth, many apply equally to other counties, in fact more so, there is a hesitance or refusal to acknowledge any UK achievements and positive qualities and grotesque generalisation of weakness.

The worrying thing in relation to him as a poster is the xenophobic obsession form a German perspective bordering on an extreme nationalism,  a very distasteful quality and somewhat ironic.

Edited by Van wink

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Not going to comment on the racist or stupid elements, but to be fair, the obesity is just a factual criticism. We are the fattest country in Europe (outside of Turkey, where one of their sayings [genuinely] is "A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony")

obese.jpg

The use of the term balcony in Turkey always amused me😃

I saw those figures myself KIO and they are certainly interesting and worthy of concern. Not sure they justify T’s sweeping generalisations linking it to COVID though or his “majority of UK adults are fat” statement. The tentative surveys I’ve seen suggest there may be a link with being significantly overweight.

it also doesn’t fit with Turkey’s COVID statistics and I certainly won’t be going onto a Galatasaray forum and pointing it out!

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

I saw those figures myself KIO and they are certainly interesting and worthy of concern. Not sure they justify T’s sweeping generalisations linking it to COVID though or his “majority of UK adults are fat” statement. The tentative surveys I’ve seen suggest there may be a link with being significantly overweight.

it also doesn’t fit with Turkey’s COVID statistics and I certainly won’t be going onto a Galatasaray forum and pointing it out!

We are the fat man of Europe, poor outcomes from CV19 in obese people seems to be a pretty well established view among medics, possibly because of the comorbidity associated with obesity such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and use of ACE inhibitors as treatment. I wouldn’t believe a single word that comes out of Turkey atm.

1 hour ago, T said:

The UK has one of the worst CV 19 death records in the world  That isn’t coming from me but the statisticians  

The majority of UK adults are fat due to poor diet and lack of exercise. and is a major problem in the UK leading to high rates of heart Disease and diabetes and lCovid 19  deaths. This doesn’t come from me but medical authorities  And it is reported Boris recognised it made his condition worse and wants to bring measures to improve health  

The UK did vote for Brexit against the common consensus of Economists  The UK did. prepare for Brexit rather than a pandemic per a emergency planning professor  The UK didn’t and still doesn’t have PPE in place  The UK didn’t and still hasn’t test trace and isolate place  Immigration was a major part of the case for Brexit  Boris and Raab have highlighted the importance of immigrants and key workers in this crisis   Racism is a known biological trait  People have being making xenophobic and islamophobic comments and never ever being able to come up with a practical logical rational evidence based argument for Brexit which has been main focus of last few years  

So if you have a problem with what I’m saying you should bring it up with the statisticians , the doctors and nurses, the key workers and the economists and experts in general because I’m merely reporting what they are saying. I’m only  the messenger boy pointing out reality.   instead of attacking people for highlighting problems you would be better off acknowledging them and dealing with them because the first stage is acceptance that you have a problem. Im not sure how many deaths you will tolerate before you accept that the UK has issues it should deal with for your own good. I want better for the UK but it seems others would rather deny and not deal with the problems. 

A few things here are repeated again. Maybe repeat them if you want but maybe on the other thread? 

Not sure the majority of adults are fat. That is exaggerated is it for effect? But sure yeah it's a problem. 

The whole racism thing again hey... What's your point, you stated that a number of times and get it now. You feel everyone in the Uk is racist or everyone who voted brexit is racist. 

If I've a problem with what you're saying I should bring up with statisticians or key workers.? Why. 

My toleration with the death rates. Here I've asked you before for some assistance as to what I can do to help, your response was to exercise etc... Anything the people in the UK can do to show that we don't tolerate it. Any ideas. 

No attack here. 2 questions. Did you spend all night writing that or just copy bits for other posts you've made? 

Where else do you spread this good word other than to a few hundred Norwich supporters? 

Edited by C Goodenough
Edit

31 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Again, sticking entirely to factual and avoiding theoretics here - The govt agrees that the majority of UK adults are overweight.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn03336/

"28.7% of adults in England are obese. A further 35.6% are overweight but not obese."

64.3% is a majority whatever way you paint it.

I'm avoiding commenting on anything other than the evidence because I can't be bothered getting into a pointless argument (not directed at you, just a general comment).

I do agree with Van Wink though - I lived in Turkey 10 years ago and still ahve friends there. It's a very different country to the one I left in 2009. I wouldn't trust their stats as far as I can spit. 

I will say, as I can do so factually, that my experience in Turkish hospital was excellent and they were brilliant. It seems to be a bit argumentative on here so to lighten the tone I will give you a summary of my Turkish hospital anecdote.

Went to a camp on the beach. Got food poisoning either from dodgy water or badly cooked meat. Spent an entire day with horrific cramps and vomiting/squits. Got back to my mate's apartment in Istanbul, slept for 16 hours straight. Woke up feeling the same, but my health insurance card was at my place in Ankara - had to take a 6 hour bus journey in that state. No toilet on the bus. Fortuitously avoided s**tting myself on the bus. Got back to Ankara, got my card, and went straight to hospital - IV Drip in each arm. The doctor came to explain what was wrong with me, and kept asserting I had a problem with my "small balls". I was utterly perplexed for several minutes until I realised he was saying "small bowel" as in small intestine, but his strong accent made it difficult to understand. 

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, kick it off said:

obese.jpg

Still seems a bit odd. It's not as if T is claiming to be from Japan. A nation with 20/100 people being obese calling a nation with 28/100 obese seems a bit silly to me.

1 minute ago, Borman said:

Still seems a bit odd. It's not as if T is claiming to be from Japan. A nation with 20/100 people being obese calling a nation with 28/100 obese seems a bit silly to me.

In percentage terms it's a 40% increase from one to the other. Not defending T's opinion, or even commenting on it, but it would be notable statistically.

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

We are the fat man of Europe, poor outcomes from CV19 in obese people seems to be a pretty well established view among medics, possibly because of the comorbidity associated with obesity such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and use of ACE inhibitors as treatment. I wouldn’t believe a single word that comes out of Turkey atm.

While we are the worst in Europe its clear that this isn’t a uniquely British issue. When the majority of European countries have 20%+ obesity rates, arguing over a few % point swings from country to country somehow being something to cheer about in one country and belittle another is stupid.

Its obviously very likely that our higher rate of obesity in our population may be impacting our death rates negatively. But obesity isn’t some uniquely British problem and presenting it like it is points to an agenda.

• Like 2

Great story KIO. 😀

I have relatives in Italy and had to have hospital treatment over there for something similar, although it was nowhere near as dramatic as yours. The service was first class and gratefully received. Also nobody commented on the size of my balls!

13 minutes ago, kick it off said:

In percentage terms it's a 40% increase from one to the other. Not defending T's opinion, or even commenting on it, but it would be notable statistically.

but if in a land where 1/10,000 people have green skin called a nation where 2/10,000 have green skin the "alien nation" would also seem silly to me despite the 100% increase in the latter.

Anyway, no more silly examples - It just seems an odd starting point for T unless he's looking for an argument on the internet - I doubt he's German at all. 

1 hour ago, T said:

Yes this is generally how it works T.

Edited by Borman

So, in pure number terms, the UK had (approx) 18.08 million obese people and Germany had (approx) 16.24 million obese people in 2014. That's a lot of obese people

To be fair it is hard work being as svelte and buff as me. Not everyone has the discipline to keep up with the exercise and healthy eating.

• Haha 1