An interesting letter in today's EDP on this subject from a gentleman who apparently buys 7 corporate seats.

Fine in many ways I guess though equally we could ask why one person needs 7 seats.

It could also be argued that perhaps our family oriented club could provide more ordinary seats accessible to young people at affordable prices and fewer commercial seats?

37 minutes ago, essex canary said:

An interesting letter in today's EDP on this subject from a gentleman who apparently buys 7 corporate seats.

Fine in many ways I guess though equally we could ask why one person needs 7 seats.

It could also be argued that perhaps our family oriented club could provide more ordinary seats accessible to young people at affordable prices and fewer commercial seats?

I know the gentleman in question and I can confirm he has a huge @rse.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps he bought 7 bonds too. 

Where are these corporate seats?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

In the home dugout.....

On 07/05/2020 at 12:30, Badger said:

Fans or customers?

Customers are undoubtedly entitled to a rebate.

Fans - short for fanatical supporters - might feel that they might forgo the rebate if there personal finances permit it. For many it is not an affordable option but for those who can afford the loss it is an option.

I never understand why customers expect company employees to a sacrifice when as employees, they are not obliged to make a sacrifice any more than customers.

Fans might expect more of players, but are probably unreasonable in doing so. When, as a Norwich native, I did my almost obligatory spell at Norwich Union (as it then was), there is no way on earth that I would have sacrificed my wages to help the company - indeed if they were in that much trouble, I'd be looking to get out. Why should players behave differently?

Badger during your spell working for Norwich Union wouldn’t think you were on as some Premiership footballers £100000 per week or as in NCFC case £20 to £40 thousand a week. 

On 07/05/2020 at 11:09, king canary said:

1) No- why would it? 

2) Each to their own. I think you'd be in the minority on that though.

3) Offsetting against future ticket purchases basically is a refund though isn't it? The difference is semantics essentailly.

KC, you are wasting your time? Never a straight answer, just a question to a question!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

KC, you are wasting your time? Never a straight answer, just a question to a question!

Always a straight and honest answer. It's just some people react very badly to differing views so make abusive and personal posts. I can never understand that on discussion boards. Maybe it's a lack of social skills.

Here's the straight and honest answer that followed...

1) Because if there's no alternative I'd take the refund.

2) If I'm in the minority why do the majority buy the tickets in the first place?

3) if the not taking the refund doesn't offset against future tickets then I'd take the refund. I paid for tickets and expect tickets in return.

43 minutes ago, daly said:

Badger during your spell working for Norwich Union wouldn’t think you were on as some Premiership footballers £100000 per week or as in NCFC case £20 to £40 thousand a week. 

No - but I'm not sure what your point is?

8 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

If next season is out for spectators surely they won’t keep taking the direct debits 

They won't take them anyway if you ask them to stop. I'd like to get mine paid for the next season whenever that is. I can always leave it to someone in my will....

🙃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Having reviewed the letter and taking account of Squits response perhaps one buttock is in the City Stand and the other in the South Stand?

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

Having reviewed the letter and taking account of Squits response perhaps one buttock is in the City Stand and the other in the South Stand?

Sounds a bit like a bum deal?.....