11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't see the point in saying "If the club did this but didn't do that it'd be bad". It's like saying "if we signed a convicted murderer to play up front I wouldn't be happy".

We don't know, what is the point in negative speculation? By all mean lay into the club once a decision has been made you're unhappy with but until then why bother.

This entire board is currently speculation about things that might happen...

• Like 1

I'll tell you what. If we don't get the opportunity to have a full refund on unused tickets I will put £20 into Ray's Funds. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I'll tell you what. If we don't get the opportunity to have a full refund on unused tickets I will put £20 into Ray's Funds. 

You might as well put that back in your wallet now as the club have already said they will.

Edited by king canary

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Surely all of us are waiting to find out what is going to actually happen.

If it's behind closed doors I would choose to pay for my ticket and use it when it's possible.

Didn't you once have a five year season ticket? However much of your money did you leave with our club to make that work?

We were not in the middle of a pandemic when i had my 5 year season ticket and not bracing ourselves being unable go to football matches for goodness knows how long.

I must say i find it a tad rich for you to ask a question about my finances when you got a bit touchy the other day when a poster asked a similar question of you. I have the ability to leave my money with the club and continue to pay for my season ticket but surely have at some stage to put a line in the sand between possibly a few months or maybe in excess of a year.

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

This entire board is currently speculation about things that might happen...

Probably explains why i'm lacking the inspiration to post much at the moment

Just now, king canary said:

You might as well put that back in your wallet now as the club have already said they will.

So what is the problem with choice then.

Kingo, it would suit me to leave the money there. I have to find the money for monthly DDs for me and my grandkids. If I take a refund I have to find it later. Every year finding it is tougher.

As I said pages ago. If my money staying there helps our club then it's win/win.

I don't get what the problem is with being given this choice.

As I said, if it's about football's totally unfair distribution of money then nobody would buy the ticket in the first place.

And Tilly, it's not about questioning your finances. It's about having the choice you had back then denied now. It would suit my finances to get the ticket paid for. If that helps our club then it's win/win for me.

I know I'm repeating myself but it's because I truly do not understand why this choice should be denied. Surely this choice would be in the best interest of everyone concerned??

So what is the problem with choice then.

Kingo, it would suit me to leave the money there. I have to find the money for monthly DDs for me and my grandkids. If I take a refund I have to find it later. Every year finding it is tougher.

As I said pages ago. If my money staying there helps our club then it's win/win.

I don't get what the problem is with being given this choice.

As I said, if it's about football's totally unfair distribution of money then nobody would buy the ticket in the first place.

And Tilly, it's not about questioning your finances. It's about having the choice you had back then denied now. It would suit my finances to get the ticket paid for. If that helps our club then it's win/win for me.

I know I'm repeating myself but it's because I truly do not understand why this choice should be denied. Surely this choice would be in the best interest of everyone concerned??

Oh for petes sake.

This is why I stopped replying to you.

If you can find a single post I've made that people should be denied the choice then have at it. 

Oh for petes sake.

This is why I stopped replying to you.

If you can find a single post I've made that people should be denied the choice then have at it. 

So what is the problem you have with our club giving that choice?

So what is the problem you have with our club giving that choice?

Again, if you can find a post saying I have a problem with the choice being given then have at it.

Your arguing against things I haven't said, it isn't the first time and frankly its tiresome. You're not an idiot so I can only conclude you're deliberately missing the point.

Again, if you can find a post saying I have a problem with the choice being given then have at it.

Your arguing against things I haven't said, it isn't the first time and frankly its tiresome. You're not an idiot so I can only conclude you're deliberately missing the point.

So what is the point I'm missing?

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So what is the point I'm missing?

All of it as far as I can tell.

It isn't about if the club offer fans the choice to not take their rebate- it is about how they go about it.

Here are a few potential options...

1) The club puts out a simple statement saying 'season ticket holders can claim their rebate by filling in this form.' This gives people who don't want to claim it that chance but also doesn't ask people not to.

2) The club puts out a similar statement to 2009- 'you can claim your rebate but we'd like you to consider not doing it as these are tough financial times for the club and any extra money helps.' As part of this statement they also announce the executive board, players and managers are taking a 10% pay cut for the rest of the year to help.

3) They put out the same statement as 2) but without any mention of executive/player salary cuts. 

In my opinion 1 and 2 would both likely go down fine with the majority of fans. 3 probably wouldn't. 

It seems that the debating point is about whether what somebody else is doing will influence your decision or not?

KC would expect Stuart Webber to be doing his bit if he was going to leave the refund with the club.

NN doesn't care what Emi Buendia is doing, he'll make a decision based on his personal circumstances at the time.

In a nutshell - I think?

Surely option one would have to state an alternative if there was one.

Option two seems to be about other people's money. I would not consider that when deciding what to do with mine.

Option three would have to include any refund not taken being used to offset future ticket purchases for me to agree.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

It seems that the debating point is about whether what somebody else is doing will influence your decision or not?

KC would expect Stuart Webber to be doing his bit if he was going to leave the refund with the club.

NN doesn't care what Emi Buendia is doing, he'll make a decision based on his personal circumstances at the time.

In a nutshell - I think?

Basically.

Surely option one would have to state an alternative if there was one.

Option two seems to be about other people's money. I would not consider that when deciding what to do with mine.

Option three would have to include any refund not taken being used to offset future ticket purchases for me to agree.

1) No- why would it? 

2) Each to their own. I think you'd be in the minority on that though.

3) Offsetting against future ticket purchases basically is a refund though isn't it? The difference is semantics essentailly.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

1) No- why would it? 

2) Each to their own. I think you'd be in the minority on that though.

3) Offsetting against future ticket purchases basically is a refund though isn't it? The difference is semantics essentailly.

1) Because if there's no alternative iI'd take the refund.

2) If I'm in the minority why do the majority buy the tickets in the first place?

3) if the not taking the refund doesn't offset against future tickets then I'd take the refund. I paid for tickets and expect tickets in return.

Edited by nutty nigel

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

1) Because if there's no alternative iI'd take the refund.

2) If I'm in the minority why do the majority buy the tickets in the first place?

3) if the not taking the refund doesn't offset against future tickets then I'd take the refund. I paid for tickets and expect tickets in return.

As far as I can tell you'll be taking the refund in whatever form it takes. Offset against future tickets is still a refund, just delayed.

As far as I can tell you'll be taking the refund in whatever form it takes. Offset against future tickets is still a refund, just delayed.

Is there a precedence for ticket money to be held back for other things then? 

I'll stick that £20 quid back up and give it to PUPs if our club asks me not to take a refund and then not use that money for future tickets.

It's win/win for me if that helps our club through any cash flow difficulties. But any charity donation I'd put elsewhere.

Is there a precedence for ticket money to be held back for other things then? 

I'll stick that £20 quid back up and give it to PUPs if our club asks me not to take a refund and then not use that money for future tickets.

It's win/win for me if that helps our club through any cash flow difficulties. But any charity donation I'd put elsewhere.

2009 is the precedent.

The club asked fans to not take the rebate, it wasn't offset against future tickets.

2009 is the precedent.

The club asked fans to not take the rebate, it wasn't offset against future tickets.

In 2009 the ticket prices were reduced after we'd paid for them. But I guess you're right.

So here's a thought. How are you going to feel if you take your refund and theñ ticket prices are hiked up when football resumes?

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In 2009 the ticket prices were reduced after we'd paid for them. But I guess you're right.

So here's a thought. How are you going to feel if you take your refund and theñ ticket prices are hiked up when football resumes?

I doubt the club could hike 20/21 season ticket prices having already announced them.

If casual ticket costs went up then that would be the clubs prerogative- it would likely put me off buying them though and I don't think it would be sensible business if you factor in the idea that people will likely have less disposable income after this is all done.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

I doubt the club could hike 20/21 season ticket prices having already announced them.

If casual ticket costs went up then that would be the clubs prerogative- it would likely put me off buying them though and I don't think it would be sensible business if you factor in the idea that people will likely have less disposable income after this is all done.

This is because football in it's present form is unsustainable.

But it was unsustainable when we brought our tickets. 

As for casual tickets, they are comparatively cheaper than they've ever been. If season tickets aren't renewed when football resumes then don't expect that to remain the case.

All in all leaving my money where it is makes sense to me and by demanding a rebate based on other people's money would be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

And if I had those principles surely I wouldn't have brought the ticket in the first place. The only change from when I did is the donations from people at our club to the NHS.

Edited by nutty nigel

Fans or customers?

Customers are undoubtedly entitled to a rebate.

Fans - short for fanatical supporters - might feel that they might forgo the rebate if there personal finances permit it. For many it is not an affordable option but for those who can afford the loss it is an option.

I never understand why customers expect company employees to a sacrifice when as employees, they are not obliged to make a sacrifice any more than customers.

Fans might expect more of players, but are probably unreasonable in doing so. When, as a Norwich native, I did my almost obligatory spell at Norwich Union (as it then was), there is no way on earth that I would have sacrificed my wages to help the company - indeed if they were in that much trouble, I'd be looking to get out. Why should players behave differently?

It’s going to be at least a year before we’re back, so this thread could run for a while yet

Badger, I seriously doubt ticket holders will be asked to forgo the rebate. I would expect the options to be keep the tickets for as and when or take the rebate and repurchase when the stadium is opened again.

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

It’s going to be at least a year before we’re back, so this thread could run for a while yet

Discussion on a discussion board or discussion in a trolls playground 🙃

Discussion on a discussion board or discussion in a trolls playground 🙃

?

36 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

?

Just a comment in the options for the year. Mind you the Brexit thread could last for a decade. We're nearly half way there🙃