Just wondered what the views are on here. Like many on here i am a current season ticket holder and have paid in full for 2020/21 for a full adult and junior for my granddaughter and obviously the current season. With little prospect of seeing any football until well into next year what do you think should happen. Too much money to throw away but i do not want to kick the club when it is down either so if they offered like some of the holiday firms to roll it over for a future season i could go with that. I appreciate every ones position is different and some pay in full others pay in installments, just wondered what the views and mood was

No skin in this game as I don't have a season ticket anymore. However, if the club wanted me to turn down the money to help them out I'd expect to see the executives/players also giving some up to help the club.

• Like 8

An adult would be a mug to just give the club £500 with nothing in return with no players or executives reducing their pay.

How about the club does a share issue and the major shareholders see their stakes reduced, £499 converted into shares. 

How many times can this regime expect the fans to bail out the club, would this be the 5th time in 24 years? And is that what self-sufficient means? Fans bailing out skint majority shareholders every few years when they get the club heavily indebted? 

I've already cancelled my renewal, and I'll keep the £499 in case football fans everywhere are going to need to find the money to create new phoenix clubs over the next few years. I'll keep it aside in case we need to build Norwich City 1902 up from the 11th tier.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

For me it depends on what the outcome is with the premier league/relegation and how the club responds to any financial issues.

If things get rough and they implement wage cuts across the board for high earners plus the owners stick some money in then I would consider letting the club keep some of my money if they asked. Perhaps they could keep any rebate for this season and then I would let them just hold onto the money I've paid for next season as payment for the following years season ticket instead.

If however, the begging bowl comes out without others at or who own the club having done there bit then I will take back whatever I can get. 

Pay mine and grandsons on interest free direct debit. I want to carry on the payments. If this season is cancelled I would like the chance to roll the unused payments onto next seasons total so it would finish quicker. If there's no football next season I would like like to make a decision based on what we know at that time.

What I don't want is for people to insist on something different for me.

If allowing the club to hold on to the money helped them then it's win/win for me.

• Like 2

The club have already started the stories about how poor they are. Partly in the hope that people don't ask for a refund. 

I'd be happy for the club to put any refund I'm owed towards the cost of next year's ticket. Altho as that's already started it would probably be easier for them to use it to reduce the 21-22 price.

If not then hard cash please. Not club shop vouchers or something cheeky like that. 

I don't want to pay to watch the same game twice. There's a good chance I'll get sky/bt if they do show alot of city games. It would be good if the clubs could make some kind of deal for fans. Even if due to rights issues they can't show the games live it would be good if they can make full replays available for St holders. Certainly for the home games we're missing out on. 

It’s a tough situation YC. Like many I pay by D/D. It’s affordable and like many I will let that roll forward. However, I think there has to be an expectation that the hierarchy of the club will also take steps to cut costs. The other thing to keep an eye out for would be the club going bust and out of business which in itself I fear is a big reality if we are talking losses currently stated as possible £35 million. The self-financing model is certainly not conducive to the situation city are likely to find themselves in, and to survive selling one or more of our hot assets is not going to raise the finance expected one presumes, and with little tv money likely to be in the offing in behind closed doors matches if we have to go a whole season without fans, many of us could become creditors of an old regime. The lower league teams are already in trouble, and that flow might just trend upwards.

• Like 2

I don't want them to use any money I paid in for my ST on some kind of tv access. It would be like paying for bacon on your online shop and getting a tin of vegetable soup substituted.

I don't have a season ticket a Norwich City but I have one elsewhere, and for me it comes down to this: the club will naturally be taking a big hit right now financially, so I'd like to do my bit by not asking for a rebate, but if the players and staff (some of which earn in a week or two what the average fan earns in a year) don't do anything to help then I fail to see why the fans should be expected to.

Been in hospital with my wife so completely out of touch with rebate situation didn’t know you could ask for rebates regarding standing order payments. If the likelihood of no football at CR for the foreseeable future then from my point of view pointless continuing paying. As said by other on here Premiership footballers are on wages most can only dream of but with contracts etc cannot see them being taking a pay cut of any significance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Pay mine and grandsons on interest free direct debit. I want to carry on the payments. If this season is cancelled I would like the chance to roll the unused payments onto next seasons total so it would finish quicker. If there's no football next season I would like like to make a decision based on what we know at that time.

If allowing the club to hold on to the money helped them then it's win/win for me.

I feel the same way.......

16 minutes ago, daly said:

Been in hospital with my wife so completely out of touch with rebate situation didn’t know you could ask for rebates regarding standing order payments. If the likelihood of no football at CR for the foreseeable future then from my point of view pointless continuing paying. As said by other on here Premiership footballers are on wages most can only dream of but with contracts etc cannot see them being taking a pay cut of any significance.

Hope you and your wife are well or at least well enroute to a full recovery, Daly.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Ditto

I will keep paying mines regardless, I was planning to pay it anyway and if it helps short term, see no reason to ask for a rebate

What about Smiff then Frank?

Oh, Delia Smiff is a national treasure. I’m an admirer of her cookery skills and of her ability to describe the methodology behind preparing wholesome home cooking in simplistic easy for the wife to understand terms....

But if Delia Smiff was to turn up round mine, whisk in hand and say to me ‘Frank, I’m keeping your season ticket money’ I would say OI SMIFF, NOOOOOOOOOOOO. You’ve made a relative fortune from telling people how to boil an egg and you haven’t supplied the product as agreed! Give me my money back you money grabbing sozzled old WITCH!

Yeah but she wouldn’t do that Frank because you haven’t got a season ticket...

😁

• Haha 2

Will probably keep mine going unless I'm desperate for the dosh. Would like to think I'm helping the club and not lining the deep pockets of our players. Plus it will make me a better supporter.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hope you and your wife are well or at least well enroute to a full recovery, Daly.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and remarks 🐥🐥

I like, the club am self funded and will need all the money I can get until this pandemic is over. Fully refund for me I am afraid.

I think many have nailed it above, Ill be taking the refund I'm afraid.  The fact that the Webbers and the players have not even discussed a pay decrease or deferral and that we rushed out to furlough all our non-playing staff when we have just "banked" a £140M cheque and our majority shareholders saying that "they no longer put money into the club", confirms to me that this "self-funding" ***p is just that, ***p! 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately for the club, the £50 fee they introduced at the eleventh hour for me to have a chance of away tickets this season and £25 for next won't be forgotten - that combined with the fact we haven't heard those at the top are even considering taking a cut, and all we're reading in regards to the owners is that they're not putting any money in means I'll be cashing that cheque no matter what begging bowl bumph comes with it.

Sad really. I had no issue whatsoever letting them keep the League One rebate, and I needed that money far more then!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ren said:

I think many have nailed it above, Ill be taking the refund I'm afraid.  The fact that the Webbers and the players have not even discussed a pay decrease or deferral and that we rushed out to furlough all our non-playing staff when we have just "banked" a £140M cheque and our majority shareholders saying that "they no longer put money into the club", confirms to me that this "self-funding" ***p is just that, ***p! 

This. I will be claiming any refund offered too.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ren said:

This. ⤴️⤴️⤴️⤴️⤴️⤴️

I will have the money back.

If the players and the directors had taken a cut in salary, or if we hadn’t furloughed the non playing staff soooooo quickly, then I would probably wouldn’t ask for the money. 

Make no mistake the begging bowl will be out in some form or other when this crisis is all over. Norwich City just cannot resume as things were financially before the lockdown.

• Like 1

If the players and senior executives give a bit so will I , otherwise I’ll have my money back please

• Like 1

I don't know what to do with mine. This season looks lost and can't see I'll be able to go in the future unless there is a vaccine. So what will happen? 

3 minutes ago, yellowandgreen said:

I don't know what to do with mine. This season looks lost and can't see I'll be able to go in the future unless there is a vaccine. So what will happen? 

Well I can guarantee that the club will ask you if they can keep it.  

• Haha 1

Away membership scheme. 

Furloughed non-playing staff without discussing a pay cut/deferral with the players. 

Will definitely be asking for a refund for any missed/cancelled games.