Sign in to follow this  
king canary

On a scale of 1 to 10...

Missing football?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you miss football?

I don’t actively miss it because I miss everything that I like doing. Lockdown has become normal life. Also, the way the Premier League have been conducting themselves is nothing more than desperate. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

It isn't really up to Sky- if it does happen it will be because the Premier League choose to become their own broadcaster rather than just sell packages of games.

It will happen eventually though- the most important thing is that the money is still split evenly rather than clubs selling their own individual rights.

And is the only way that the smaller clubs in the EFL will survive if Sky sell a club package

About 7. Miss the social side, the beer, the banter. Looks like a fair chunk of next season will be behind closed doors which doesn't bear thinking about.

A ' 3 ' for the football itself but around a ' 7 ' for everything that's built around it.

The football score would be higher if we were producing better results. We play quite well but it's a grind watching us eke out so few points.

58 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I gave a 1 as I don't obviously go to live games. I miss going to Camborne RFC as I miss live sport and the craic meeting friends and making new ones. My son and I do stand out as we are from Redruth and support Camborne.

Of course I miss watching City but its through a screen and it is just not the same. 

Luckily this site is available to get the remote fix that is living in Cornwall.

Blimey kg, I know it's parochial down there đŸ˜‰Â , but I can't remember either Redruth or Camborne supporters having two heads or just one eye (actually, that last bit may be true, especially when they are playing at home đŸ™‚Â )

Blimey kg, I know it's parochial down there  , but I can't remember either Redruth or Camborne supporters having two heads or just one eye (actually, that last bit may be true, especially when they are playing at home  )

Oh yes Crabby. I have lived here 40 years so I only have to wait until I die before I get my passport.

As far as Camborne people are concerned, I'm a Chopper, which means from Redruth. Even when I wear my Camborne coat they can smell a Chopper from miles away. I'm sure they charge me more for a pint.

We are all fixed for next season. Just waiting for the fixtures. All promotion and relegation sorted. And apart from the bar, it would be easy to social distance as ours is a sizeable stadium with a crowd of 400.

Edited by keelansgrandad

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One huge stumbling block to this is that matches cannot be broadcast between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday. It would require either a change of legislation which would seriously impact the finances of clubs in the lower leagues and non-league, or no games being held at 3pm on a Saturday any more.

On the basis that there is no physical reason to stop clubs playing at 5PM on saturday or sundays then it's not a problem.

I'm only referring to whilst there are no fans allowed in and even after that, I'm sure there is a justification for changing the legislation which I guess was put in to protect fate receipts.

On the basis that there will be none and Sky have cameras at grounds for highlights and goals, until the fans return there are no barriers.

I seem to miss it more than most!

I obviously miss the live games but also on the TV. I used to regularly have games on and "half watch" whilst I did other things, looking up when the commentator got excited and if necessary rewinding. I can't find a suitable alternative - I know there's lot of TV, but if I am going to watch something - e.g. a drama, I want to watch it properly. (Obviously, if a Norwich away game is on, the half watch option is not deployed!)

The other thing I miss is that it is an interest. I like to keep an eye on the tables, see which clubs/ players are doing well across all the divisions, although I do have less interest in the Champions League.

Obviously this "loss" is an annual event, but normally replaced by cricket, which also love and will miss this summer.

I miss footy at a level of  3. Due to serious involvement up until 2 years ago, my life was footy every single day of the week, Club matches Saturdays, inter league matches Sundays, training Tues, weds, Thursday, Academy admin almost every day. Then I retired from it. That gave me so much more time for Watching City, my retirement coincided with DFs appointment ,so there was added interest for me as I am a big supporter of our new direction.  In order to clean break  from local youth footy I stayed away, letting the new guy do his thing but available on phone for help, contacts etc. I didnt attend a single Academy game for over a year....it was very tough at first, then as footy was no longer my default pastime, the angling gear got  a stock take and refurb. I renovated my ancient bicycle. My footy focus was all NCFC, hardly missed a game in last two seasonsđŸ˜‡, albeit from the comfort ofan office chair.

This this covid barsteward came along, for the first few weeks I was bereft as the relatively small (compared to past) footy dose was gone. Looking back now I realise how fortunate that I wasnt still immersed in it every day as the effect of the ban would have impacted me much more in a 'what now' kind of way. So yeah, I do miss it a bit but it isnt that Important really in the grand scheme of things. I miss having the Grandkids over much much more, perfect ecxuse to act the fool with them and  get cosy in front of a good movie. Having said all of that , the next time the whistle goes at the start of a canaries match it'll be 11/10 .....for sure.

• Like 1

I am surprised by how little I miss it, in fact, about the only thing I have really missed is school so I don't have the kids around all day when trying to work!

On 04/05/2020 at 11:46, Uncle Fred said:

More convinced than ever this is a binner 

Slow day for you?

I imagine most of them are.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

That first chorus of on the ball city is going to be emotional when we get to go back

I hope to be alive to hear it