How many will refuse to pay their dues to Sky in protest ? How many really protested when this monster was being created ?

Can you really separate Liverpool's playing from the money that made it possible, and where it came from ?

" A cynic would suggest that the clubs are looking to safeguard their income ". Do you need to be a cynic, or it to be a suggestion either ?

In the main most players can take a 'moral' stance over this and be seen as the good guys. Those without that same financial clout cannot, as plenty will be back at work in takeways and other non essential work because they have no choice.

Whilst I appreciate this is football specific, it still cannot be separated from the wider view which is that few were doing anything constructive before to even recognise what the PL had become. That a player's weekly wages could buy three of those terraced houses while many fans could not  buy even one over all the time the PL has existed.

We created this, it's time we took responsibility

Thanks DE (no reactions left). Football without a crowd is no experience. The crowd is not just part of a footballing experience, it is at the centre. Who the hell thinks playing matches behind closed doors during a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic is a sound idea? To continue or even allow it to continue (regardless of positions of teams or desire for a festival of football) ignores the true football fan. Football IS community, a communal activity.

Edited by sonyc

1 hour ago, Bill said:

How many will refuse to pay their dues to Sky in protest ? How many really protested when this monster was being created ?

Protest what?

What is Sky's preferred outcome and where is your evidence of that?

Good piece Duncan and what a surprise that everyone agrees other than the usual suspect who has turned another great post in to one of his usual sanctimonious egotistical replies 🤦‍♂️

Captures how I feel. Football is irrelevant to me atm, people are dying, people are suffering, many are being abused or mentally tortured behind closed doors at this very moment, many are very ill and too scared to contact the NHS for fear of contracting a virus that may kill them. That is the reality of today, football is about bringing people together, now is not the time .

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Good piece Duncan and what a surprise that everyone agrees other than the usual suspect who has turned another great post in to one of his usual sanctimonious egotistical replies 🤦‍♂️

but no surprise that in nearly 24 hours you should put up only one other post

other than this all too predictable whine at me

odd how in all that time you found nothing else to whinge about, nothing else to add your thoughts about.... in fact nothing

yet, by sheer coincidence, you just happen to be logged in to post almost immediately

...as before, and before that ..... of course it could be that you are merely using this log in and will use another one to agree with yourself, hopefully not a name I have already put forward

Well said op, I don't think football should happen until fans can go to matches and it is safe to carry on, but the truth is that football has to see this crisis out somehow like everyone else has to - and like it or not there is a way for the game at the top level to survive financially and that is to play the games, the clubs get their tv money, sky and all the others that pay for TV rights carry on getting subscriptions (yes, a lot of people will carry on paying).  BUT - it has to be done when it is safe to do so and that is the thin line that the PL is treading - push too hard to do it too soon and there will be a backlash - but then that is how pushy companies work - they try to push through their agenda, take the knock back when they are stopped or delayed, then try and push it through again at a slightly later date, which is what they will try and do.

I don't like it, just start again when the crisis has past - football is low priority when it comes to what is going on in the wider world - but that will likely be next year sometime and the reality for the PL - just like any business that has had to stop trading at the moment - is that to keep their product intact, they need to get it started as soon as they can. 

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

but no surprise that in nearly 24 hours you should put up only one other post

other than this all too predictable whine at me

odd how in all that time you found nothing else to whinge about, nothing else to add your thoughts about.... in fact nothing

yet, by sheer coincidence, you just happen to be logged in to post almost immediately

...as before, and before that ..... of course it could be that you are merely using this log in and will use another one to agree with yourself, hopefully not a name I have already put forward

Spot Mr Paranoid 😂

Only 1 biscuit billy boy and unlike you I dont feel the need to give my opinion on every post just to raise my ego 👍

12 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Spot Mr Paranoid 😂

Only 1 biscuit billy boy and unlike you I dont feel the need to give my opinion on every post just to raise my ego 👍

still lying I see

Brilliant mate , absolutely hits the back of the net for me ! Thanks Duncan for putting how I feel into words , well done 👍 👍👍👍 💚💛💚💛

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

still lying I see

Ok, so to call this out I'll pay £1000 to the pups if you can prove that I have more than one account and when I prove I'm not you put a grand in, deal?

44 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Ok, so to call this out I'll pay £1000 to the pups if you can prove that I have more than one account and when I prove I'm not you put a grand in, deal?

call this out

from where ?

Edited by Bill

Do you want to take the bet or not Bill?

Tell me who you think my other account is supposed to be and I'll prove it's not.

Then when you've been proved wrong we'll all know who the liar is.

given that it is impossible to prove otherwise for either of us then even you should be able to guess what my response is

and others might wonder why you and the same suspects get so agitated when I merely point out 'coincidences'

and as I had to advice poor old plod, it is best to reply to what I actually said. it does help - so in that light why not have another read of my reply to your completely unnecessary attack ie post where I lied about you

Edited by Bill