Sign in to follow this  
The Priest

From A West Brom message board

Well done Peace

Thank god we have got rid of Robert Earnshaw, one of the poorest footballers in the premiership. It''s no wonder why nobody tried to buy him. When he played it was like starting a game with 10-men.

His first touch was pathetic (if it was close to his body a defender would knock him off the ball, if it was in front of him a midfielder would nick it off him). Ok he scored a few goals, but so far this season we''ve scored as many goals this season, as we had last season.

His overall contribution was just not good enough. When your near the bottom of the league, you need players capable of holding the ball up and scoring goals. Fortunately Kanu has been doing that for us this season, because the standard of the players around him has improved. We are a good team when Jo and Kanu play.

Nigal Worthington has panick buyed-3.5mill is a great bit of buissnes, Earnie is worth about 1.5

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, EARNSHAW WILL SCORE PLENTY IN THIS LEAGUE. AND AGAINST YOU NEXT YEAR......... WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN TEAM INSTEAD OF GETTING INVOLVED IN OURS.........

[quote user="james1966"]

Well done Peace

Thank god we have got rid of Robert Earnshaw, one of the poorest footballers in the premiership. It''s no wonder why nobody tried to buy him. When he played it was like starting a game with 10-men.

His first touch was pathetic (if it was close to his body a defender would knock him off the ball, if it was in front of him a midfielder would nick it off him). Ok he scored a few goals, but so far this season we''ve scored as many goals this season, as we had last season.

His overall contribution was just not good enough. When your near the bottom of the league, you need players capable of holding the ball up and scoring goals. Fortunately Kanu has been doing that for us this season, because the standard of the players around him has improved. We are a good team when Jo and Kanu play.

Nigal Worthington has panick buyed-3.5mill is a great bit of buissnes, Earnie is worth about 1.5

[/quote]

played properly the guy will score goals..   Lots of goals.  Cant agree, I have read many west brom boards and most are worried about who is actually going to score for them.

Thats one view!

Most of the WBA posts on their messageboards that i have seen have been along the lines of "why the heck have we sold him". I reckon its sour grapes and that they are trying to cover up the bad.

Earnie isn''t a great creative footballer but give him half a chance and he will score goals.........And goals win games.

Look at the guy''s enthusiasm already. He''s desperate to get out, play football and score goals. How we could have done with some of that from Deano!!!!!!

I live in the midlands and know a number of WBA season ticket holders......they admit he isn''t the most skillful of player''s but they also say he is quick and scores goals for fun given half a chance. Those goals may well get us out of this league in the next 18 months!

Be positive, guys!!!

Alot of the Baggies fans rate him and i certainly do. Aparently a few of them are going to hold a protest against Robson and Peace!

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

played properly the guy will score goals..   Lots of goals.  Cant agree, I have read many west brom boards and most are worried about who is actually going to score for them.

[/quote]Damn, I find myself agreeing with Paul. I need to have a lie down... ;)I do think we paid over the odds for him though, but that was always going to happen whoever we signed given the Ashton money.

ive also read many a baggie say they now want robson and the the chairman out. most of them seem resigned to relegation now. but lets face it, i think pompey, birmgham and fulham will be alot harder to come ahead of than us lot last year! so its good bye to the prem for them anyway.

Craig Bellamy has an awful first touch, but we''d be happy to see him here (after major ego surgery, of course).    I think the inital aim of this thread - to start undermining the fans'' view of a player before he''s played even one game - is totally despicable, and shows the dangers of getting stuck in the rut of constant griping. Stuff like this becomes acceptable, and it should be unacceptable.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

Craig Bellamy has an awful first touch, but

we''d be happy to see him here (after major ego surgery, of

course).    I think the inital aim of this thread -

to start undermining the fans'' view of a player before he''s played even

one game - is totally despicable, and shows the dangers of getting

stuck in the rut of constant griping. Stuff like this becomes

acceptable, and it should be unacceptable.

[/quote]

Well said. Also the only player who I trust the ball to stick to in the whole NCFC squad is McVeigh.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

Craig Bellamy has an awful first touch, but

we''d be happy to see him here (after major ego surgery, of

course).    I think the inital aim of this thread -

to start undermining the fans'' view of a player before he''s played even

one game - is totally despicable, and shows the dangers of getting

stuck in the rut of constant griping. Stuff like this becomes

acceptable, and it should be unacceptable.

[/quote]

Your right why do some of our so called fans have a go and moan about our new signings before they even kick a ball.

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="Old Boy"]

Craig Bellamy has an awful first touch, but we''d be happy to see him here (after major ego surgery, of course).    I think the inital aim of this thread - to start undermining the fans'' view of a player before he''s played even one game - is totally despicable, and shows the dangers of getting stuck in the rut of constant griping. Stuff like this becomes acceptable, and it should be unacceptable.

[/quote]
Your right why do some of our so called fans have a go and moan about our new signings before they even kick a ball.
[/quote]

Because some fans love to moan and complain. They get enjoyment out of it. When I went to see Northampton play the other week (beat Macclesfield 5-0) there were some fans in front of me who shouted abuse and complained at the team and the officials all match. They didn''t even seem to be watching the football half of the time. If it''s that bad why do they go?? Because they get enjoyment out of complaining and making a fuss!

It happened with Doherty, Svensson, McKenzie and plenty more.

But the effort people are going to, trawling the web to find some propaganda they can use against Worthington, is lower than a snake''s belly.

We should always give the players total support, even if they are dire. They don''t pick themselves, and hounding them ain''t gonna make anything better for anyone.