Sign in to follow this  
ronbol

Edworthy highly under rated

Marc Edworthy must be the most under rated player in the current first team.

Yesterday he ran his socks off up and down the pitch all afternoon, overlapping the winger and was always back making last ditch tackles. If leon hadn''t scored his brace I would make him the man of the match.

Considering he was so cheap, he must be the best right back we have had at the club since IAN CULVERHOUSE.

All I can say to Marc is carry on your doing a fine job.

On the ball city

He does appear to be pretty solid it''s true - all he needs to do now is stop punting the ball downfield at every given opportunity and he''ll be grrreat. But you''re right, definately an unsung hero

I''m sorry to say this, but with the ball at his feet he reminds me of Daryl Sutch (sorry XXL16 if you''re reading this). He moves out to the flank and has a look up the wing - but by then the option has been cut off. Turns back to Green and Fleming - options there cut off too. So he punts it down the field aimlessly into the corners!

That said, defensively he is excellent, positioning is always spot on and his work rate is phenomenal. A good signing, but needs a little more composure as Windy says, and needs to overlap more and get into a crossing position (a la steeeeeeeenooooooo).

I sound like a scout but don''t take my word for it, I played right back once and was responsible for all five goals we conceded!

ummmmm, i can kinda see your point, however in his defence his aim less punts up field where usually aimed at a target man (i.e crouch) and his punts up the wing where aimed for henderson to run after (and when the last time or first time you saw henderson go on the outside take on the full back and strip him - never)

I would never put edworthy in the sutch mould his ball control and work rate are so much better.