Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Players revolting?

"There will be ambulances at training and games. Is it fair to take those from the NHS? I don’t know.

Well they will have to be private ones because the NHS will not be giving them any.

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52493894

Interesting and doesn't sound like the players are busting a gut to resume anytime soon

shame there wasn't another thread about football resuming - but at least this one is from a player who has spoken to ALL the other players

I understand the public is desperate to get football back," said Murray. 

I’m sorry but I just don’t think that’s true or fair. It’s the EPL and Sky that are desperate.

Edited by Hairy Canary
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I’m sorry but I just don’t think that’s true or fair. It’s the EPL and Sky that are desperate.

Literally just a few scousers. I don’t think there’s an appetite for it at all. It’s showing up these companies for what they are big time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

shame there wasn't another thread about football resuming - but at least this one is from a player who has spoken to ALL the other players

Eh?

12 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Literally just a few scousers. I don’t think there’s an appetite for it at all. It’s showing up these companies for what they are big time.

as opposed to the glorious time when they weren't

as to playing football these poor lambs have to be protected

unlike those who are currently in supermarkets, delivery, factories,  medical care and umpteen other places where 'necessary' is a highly subjective word

still, if you have to constantly have a dig then it will be the bottom of the barrel you scrape at

Edited by Bill

Just now, Bill said:

as opposed to to glorious time when they weren't

as to playing football these poor lambs have to be protected

unlike those who are currently in supermarkets, delivery, factories,  medical care and umpteen other places where 'necessary' is a highly subjective word

still, if you have to constantly have a dig then it will be the bottom of the barrel you scrape at

Are you purposefully dense or have you suffered a head injury? How in the hell did you feel my comment required that response? Did you believe I was defending sky and diminishing the work of key workers during a virus pandemic? 

u ok hun?

20 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I know I am coming from a very biased outlook but a relegation battle during/after one of the most stressful times in anyone's history is not very appealing to say the least. I am sure there are many club's fans that will feel the same.

Is revolt not a little strong? Hardly accurate.

Perfectly understandable that players are concerned about the return to me.

Sexing up an otherwise standard thread maybe?

20200430_212759.jpg

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Is revolt not a little strong? Hardly accurate.

Perfectly understandable that players are concerned about the return to me.

Sexing up an otherwise standard thread maybe?

20200430_212759.jpg

Revolting:

adjective. causing revulsion; nauseating, disgusting, or repulsive. informal unpleasant or nastyt. 'that dress is revolting.'

Given the behaviour of some players recently, I think I'd be inclined to say that they are indeed revolting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Revolting:

adjective. causing revulsion; nauseating, disgusting, or repulsive. informal unpleasant or nastyt. 'that dress is revolting.'

Given the behaviour of some players recently, I think I'd be inclined to say that they are indeed revolting.

Touché.

My original point still stands, despite the amusement you provide Wacky 😁

This season and next should be postponed until we can get back to normal 

It isn’t a difficult decision 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

"There will be ambulances at training and games. Is it fair to take those from the NHS? I don’t know.

Well they will have to be private ones because the NHS will not be giving them any.

I doubt there will be any private ones available to hire either. You would hope NHS and care homes have first dibs on those.

43 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

If we ever meet, I will buy you  a  platter of crustacean treats, coated in golden breadcrumb. 

This is the first time I've ever agreed with you.

• Haha 2

Televised games being played out on the open training pitches at St.Georges park would be the most pitiful,appalling souless footvalling spectacle imaginable.

Any 'novelty' that football is back would evaporate after 20 mins of the first game...and theres 90 of them left in the league

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

oh dear

oh dearie dear me

there won't be any pro football when we get back to normal (whatever that is)

unless you have a spare £800m or so knocking about

thankfully your sort of thinking was not around in 1940

'tell Jerry he cannot attack until we are ready'

I'm surprised that the players union hasn't sought reassurance about the long term effects of Covid 19 on footballers. We know that it only kills a tiny proportion of young fit people but it is a lung disease. There was only one small study into the long term effects of SARS and that showed that 15% of survivors suffered long term effects in lung capacity. Just a tiny effect on lung performance would probably end a Premier League career. If I was a player I would be saying no. 

The players and clubs would need to sign a disclaimer relinquishing any claim for loss should a player die, suffer a career ending bout of the virus etc. No lawyer would recommend that with a deadly virus still virulent.

It's over. Get used to it and move on.

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm surprised that the players union hasn't sought reassurance about the long term effects of Covid 19 on footballers. We know that it only kills a tiny proportion of young fit people but it is a lung disease. There was only one small study into the long term effects of SARS and that showed that 15% of survivors suffered long term effects in lung capacity. Just a tiny effect on lung performance would probably end a Premier League career. If I was a player I would be saying no. 

It’s not just players, it’s coaches, managers, kit men, families, to name but a few. 
At least one player will refuse, what then ? 

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Surely the players aren't insured for this type of football?

Bearing in mind that the PL itself failed to have insurance against something like this and also has no rules in place on what happens if a season is curtailed then no I can’t imagine they are 

I for one how things are and the uncertainty of long term damage to health will not be using my season ticket at CR, going to pubs, restaurants etc till their is 100% more proof that this virus is under control and at the moment it seems no one really has a clue in what direction to take.

Doctors, Scientists and Researchers all coming up with different thoughts does not give one a lot of confidence for the future 

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

It’s not just players, it’s coaches, managers, kit men, families, to name but a few. 
At least one player will refuse, what then ? 

Odds on it being Mesut Ozil.?

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ipswich town players and fans are revolting 

But they do have a Messiah......

🤣

• Haha 1