Sign in to follow this  
pete

Gary Neville tells it how it is.

Hmmmm.... I like Gary Neville but remember that he is paid his salary by Sky and they may have their own motives, he will have made sure this was the 'party line'. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

To be fair he is already going against Sky by suggesting that starting matches again is madness.

I'm sure the Sky stance is football first (if that is indeed their stance) I don't think I've seen any kind of statement from Sky other than them reporting on what the PL is saying.

35 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hmmmm.... I like Gary Neville but remember that he is paid his salary by Sky and they may have their own motives, he will have made sure this was the 'party line'. 

Take your point but Carragher is paid by Sky and he has the opposite view

It goes without saying really

but “project restart” will be an absolute disaster for one reason or another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But then he wouldn't be saying this would he?

I remember Neville being shut down by the host on Sky after Spurs fans racially abused one of the Chelsea players - I trust GN to say it like it is.

• Like 1

I cannot see the public wearing it. If there is still even the slightest measure of incarceration or subjugation and football carries on its own greedy way, then I can envisage big protests.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I cannot see the public wearing it. If there is still even the slightest measure of incarceration or subjugation and football carries on its own greedy way, then I can envisage big protests.

it's not a 'greedy way'

it is up to it's neck in 'debt'

where is the money going to come from to stop it crashing like the 1929 stock market ?

Jesus Pete.

If you could go 5 minutes without posting yet another new thread on why football restarting is a bad idea, that would he great.

We get it, you're against it.

Can we have one simple 'football shouldn't restart' thread please, for Pete?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

To be fair he is already going against Sky by suggesting that starting matches again is madness.

2 hours ago, Hillhead said:

But then he wouldn't be saying this would he?

Are you saying that Sky have stated that they want the season finished? 

I have no idea whether they have or not,. 

What if Sky has an insurance policy which pays out if a season is cancelled? 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Carragher is a ****, though.

Would be a bit boring if they had two presenters that just agreed with each other each day. 

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Then why is Carragher arguing the opposite? Either one of them is going against the 'party line', or more likely, they're looking out for their own interests. Carragher wants Liverpool to win the league and Neville's priority would be what's best for Salford.

I'm not at all convinced that sky are that adamant that they want the season finished. They have already indicated that they won't reclaim their monies if it can't be but instead would allow if to be spread over future seasons or reflected in an extended deal. In such circumstances I suspect its the premier league and big clubs who are desperate to complete the season so their hands are not tied to a particular broadcaster when they negotiate the next tv deal.

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's the question, all the noise coming from Sky Sports is that the PL will continue but its quotes from the PL or those involved.

The assumption is that Sky as a business wants the PL to continue but as yet I've not seen a quote or interview from anyone at Sky (or even BT Sport) commenting on their view of all of this.

My point I guess is that if it is Sky that are driving the agenda of trying to force the season to be completed, then Gary Neville questioning that is him going against the pay masters.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Then why is Carragher arguing the opposite? Either one of them is going against the 'party line', or more likely, they're looking out for their own interests. 

Yes that's a fair point, that one of them isn't toeing the Sky 'party line'.

But we still don't know what Sky actually want to happen, people seem to be under the impression that Sky want it finished, but its the EPL who have been making all the noise on that.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Would be a bit boring if they had two presenters that just agreed with each other each day. 

Isn’t that Match of the Day?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Isn’t that Match of the Day?

Exactly.

Get Chris Sutton and Roy Keane on MOTD and I bet the viewing figures would shoot up! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes that's a fair point, that one of them isn't toeing the Sky 'party line'.

But we still don't know what Sky actually want to happen, people seem to be under the impression that Sky want it finished, but its the EPL who have been making all the noise on that.

I see what you mean now and hadn't considered that.

You may be on to something, imo aside from the initial 'return weekend' which may see a bump in viewers I imagine the viewing figures will soon drop to well beneath their usual as people realise just how dull BCD games are to watch.

Edited by Hillhead

South Sider get over yourself why don't you post something of interest all of my posts include articles from the BBC or Pink Un which I consider to be of interest to posters on here and are saliant.  Which by the response seems that is generally the case with some exceptions.

Carragher got back into the Sky fold rather quickly after the spitting incident methinks.  Would suggest a little too soon.  Not much sackcloth and ashes, all soon forgotten.